Advice for returning player in Aus

UncannyBatman

Hey guys. I've started some characters on this server. I had played and quit just as oceanic went live. Would you recommend playing characters here on just bite the bullet and join a NA server?

I want to support the servers here and though I enjoy the lvling process of this game. BUT Is less ping worth less chances to play PVP/Flashes endgame (from what I have been reading)?

There is also the thought that perhaps they will actually merge the servers and then I would have characters stuck on a NA server. Rerolling is not out of the question for me, but I certainly can't play as much as I would like with RL commitments etc, so rerolling wouldn't be too nice down the line.

It's a tough choice for me with the future of the servers and current traffic being in the air. :confused:

I haven't checked out my old U.S. server (The Harbinger) since APAC, but I'd say Dalborra is one of the not-dead servers. It's a tough call, though. Maybe if you have 50's over there already, start levelling here. If you don't like it, you can just pick those characters up.

I have been on this server since it came up and it's been excellent for ping was on Jek Jek Tar before re-rolling on Dalborra as the server population has risen and declined.

I looked into re-rolling on the US servers but for a pvper the ping just isn't worth it come paid transfers Dalborra will be the biggest oceanic server so start here now and hopefully come march they have finished tweaking paid transfers and this server go's boom with those from the other 2 oceanic servers and those who will return from the US servers.

I have been wondering this myself lately as another returning Australian player. Having moved my 50 to Master Dar'Nala when the option came up I have found the server to be quite low in population.

So I am currently debating doing a reroll on either this server or on The Harbinger in a vain attempt to find some more people :(

But after reading this I reckon I should "do the right thing" and support my fellow aussies :) ... which then leads to the next question of "Imp or 'Pub?" Are both sides fairly even or does one side have significantly more activity then the other?

Edited by SmileMoar

Yeah I am also trying to support the server by rolling some toons here and playing mainly on here rather then my main server The Harbinger. Lower ping is awesome, I am actually able to kite without having melee hitting me from what I see on my screen as 20+ metres away. I have to get used to letting my channels run their course though cause I am used to moving with about half a second left on them and them still going off; having adapted to a higher pin server. :D

I'm considering rolling here as well (2 50's on Master Dar'Nala) but when I was looking at server populations I noticed Gav Daragon has hit heavy on the status pages twice lately. Now I can't make my mind up.

But I assume Dalborra has a more Imp PvE guilds than Gav Daragon by looking at progression threads.

I'm considering rolling here as well (2 50's on Master Dar'Nala) but when I was looking at server populations I noticed Gav Daragon has hit heavy on the status pages twice lately. Now I can't make my mind up.

But I assume Dalborra has a more Imp PvE guilds than Gav Daragon by looking at progression threads.

Based on the people feedbacks on the forum, the population shown on server status page is totally misleading. I suggest you can just roll a character on each server and do a "/who pit" etc. during your normal playing hours to sample the wz populations for yourself.

Based on the people feedbacks on the forum, the population shown on server status page is totally misleading. I suggest you can just roll a character on each server and do a "/who pit" etc. during your normal playing hours to sample the wz populations for yourself.

This.

If you look on the gav d server forums, theres many complaints about it. Their pop count is half of that on dalborra, but they're always labelled as medium.

The only reason that Gav Daragon has a "heavy" population is because its max pop cap isn't as high as Dalborra, so light, medium and heavy are all relative. Dalborra does have a higher population, it's just a smaller percentage of its maximum capacity.

Good advice. How are queue times for Group Finder on Dalborra out of curiosity? (@ 50 and whilst leveling) Does anyone know?

Yeah I noticed that, they were on heavy for atleast 3 hours yesterday afternoon/evening???

Good advice. How are queue times for Group Finder on Dalborra out of curiosity? (@ 50 and whilst leveling) Does anyone know?

Lvl 50 at peak times, for tank, instant. For a healer usually no more than 5-10 mins but can be longer. DPS 10 mins plus usually. From my experience any way.

GF while lvling can be quite random, I find.

Edited by ChuangTzu

Lvl 50 at peak times, for tank, instant. For a healer usually no more than 5-10 mins but can be longer. DPS 10 mins plus usually. From my experience any way.

GF while lvling can be quite random, I find.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Is it about the same Republic vs Empire here?