Iokath

Kfab

Returning player here!

Well, I messed up royally with my Trooper. I was going along fine until I was given the ultimatum by Jace Malcom to pick sides. Since I had a good working relationship with Darth Acina and the Empire, I chose to NOT throw that away. Now I'm hated by Dorne and I'm guessing the rest of the Republic companions (including Jorgan) will do the same.

I'm sort of mad about being forced to choose based on a 30 second cut scene.

Part of that is on me though, I guess I should have read up on this before starting that particular chapter. Now I feel like I should just delete my Trooper at this point and not make the same mistake of "going against my original faction". Is it just me or did anyone else feel like this in regards to this particular chapter?

Well to be honest they were adamantly clear about picking the side. But relax, you won't lose any other companions, save for Dorne I believe who refuses to work with someone working for the Empire. And according to one of the Dev posts I believe it won't be the final chance to defect, so if you feel like you want to go back to the Republic you'll likely will be able to in the future.

Well to be honest they were adamantly clear about picking the side. But relax, you won't lose any other companions, save for Dorne I believe who refuses to work with someone working for the Empire. And according to one of the Dev posts I believe it won't be the final chance to defect, so if you feel like you want to go back to the Republic you'll likely will be able to in the future.

Thank you! I'll keep with it then. I appreciate the advice. =)

It's already not the final chance. OP: there's a less unfinal choice in an already-released piece called "Nathema Conspiracy". But apparently even that isn't finally final, they say.

Yeah. It feels weird to have that as a throw-away line but I suppose we'll see when our final chance will be soon.

I get it, I mean, Elara Dorne was pretty disillusioned with the individuals she saw as war criminals in the original war. But its interesting how Quinn realizes the Outlander, his former Lord Wrath, is more worthy of loyalty than the Empire he once dutifully served. Quinn can come back no matter who you side with. Its interesting that the writers chose this personality trait for Dorne though. Dorne doesn't share the vision of the "big picture" here, and can't see the flaws in both sides. Quinn's return was pretty heartfelt, but Elara's story just didn't pull at my heartstrings tbh. For someone who said she loved me and wanted to marry me five years ago, she certainly didn't waste any time moving on. I was half tempted to end my romance then and there, but I had already declined to pursue Lana long ago. However, the one thing I was always curious to see: will she come back IF you romanced her pre-KOTFE and still chose to side with Acina on Iokath?

Now I'm hated by Dorne and I'm guessing the rest of the Republic companions (including Jorgan) will do the same.

Actually,

You learn in KOTFE Ch. 11 that even Jorgan is pretty disillusioned with the Republic. He calls the new chancellor Saresh's puppet and decries the military's new found "freedom" at the cost of their souls, which die at the hands of the tyrant Arcann. If you are a Consular you find out Lt. Iresso was pretty much an abandoned POW during the war with Zakuul, and doesn't believe in the Republic anymore, just the Consular. Lt. Rusk trusts Aygo more than the Chancellor, and once you finish the mission on NS its pretty easy to yank him away from the Republic to follow you too. I think he believes in victory more than the justness of a cause. Forex is a droid, he'll be easy to re-program. And Aygo is dedicated to you and the Alliance, especially since his plans to counter Zakuul's initial invasions were ignored. So, I was certainly surprised to learn that Elara would reject the trooper in this scenario.

Thank you! I finished the whole story last night and I totally agree with your assessment.

I appreciate all of the advice. Next time, I'll be sure to actually READ up on current content before I start it. ;)

Dorne had already defected away from the Empire once, so I have no issue seeing her absolutely refusing to go back

Yes, but my trooper was able to point out that she had trusted an Imperial (Elara) before, and it worked out, so she was willing to give them a chance again. Besides, an alliance isn't joining, per se, it's just helping each other out when needed. You can have an alliance with a group that you don't completely see eye to eye with. I was a little upset that they wouldn't let her come with you, even if you ally with the Empire.

Elara wasn't exactly an "Imperial" anymore though. She had defected to the Republic. She was loyal to the Republic. After everything she went through to escape the Empire and prove herself to the Republic, do you really think she would turn on the Republic and help the Empire make war against them? That's what joining an Empire aligned Alliance would amount to. Edited by OldVengeance

I am pretty confident we will be given a final choice with the start of 6.0's story, when the alliance will be all but dismantled (sure we will still get to keep Odessen). I am not so confident that we will actually get 6.0 however! Edited by Simbr