Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Beniboybling

Entirely relevant, as HKs were the inspiration for future assassin droids and thus well known in those circles (Sidious, Moffs, miltary screenlists, etc). Also, HK-47 is in Star Wars Galaxies (1 ABY I think) so that reinforces the notion that those interested know about the HKs.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm........... perhaps, but really I don't think being able to recognize a HK unit is going to give them much of an edge. They'll be like "hey looks its our demise! arghh!" :D

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entirely relevant, as HKs were the inspiration for future assassin droids and thus well known in those circles (Sidious, Moffs, miltary screenlists, etc). Also, HK-47 is in Star Wars Galaxies (1 ABY I think) so that reinforces the notion that those interested know about the HKs. The first one might get through since they're not expecting it though.

Regardless, the fact that the Empire created THAT many quality droids implies that they're capable of doing it again. Does that make since? I'm saying that the SE can repeat this, or, at the very least, this means the Empire knows how to make quality droids.

I see no reason why they can't just begin making another ship-full of HKs.

Regardless, the fact that the Empire created THAT many quality droids implies that they're capable of doing it again. Does that make since? I'm saying that the SE can repeat this, or, at the very least, this means the Empire knows how to make quality droids.

I see no reason why they can't just begin making another ship-full of HKs.

Well, the impression I gained from doing the quest was that the empire found the HKs and put them on a ship. Hk-51s were from KOTOR 2 time, 300 years before the SE's invasion so that reinforces the idea.

In reply to Beni, well yeah, that first moff is toast :D Once they realise the threat, the remaining HKs won't be able to do as much. I'm not saying they'll do nothing, just that their overall impact won't be game changing.

Edited by Vacarius

Well, the impression I gained from doing the quest was that the empire found the HKs and put them on a ship. Hk-51s were from KOTOR 2 time, 300 years before the SE so that reinforces the idea.

In reply to Beni, well yeah, that first moff is toast :D Once they realise the threat, the remaining HKs won't be able to do as much. I'm not saying they'll do nothing, just that their overall impact won't be game changing.

I think you may be right. IIRC, the Empire found the droids. So they didn't make them. That is off of memory. Only did Section X and all of that once.

Edited by Aurbere

A little of topic, but I think...

I think the SE would have won if not for the Treaty of Coruscant. Remember: Revan decieved Vitiate into believing that the treaty was what was best. If the SE had continued its assault, I think they would have won.

...that's not true. The Republic did stop the Empire's advance in the midrim. The Empire changed it's tactic by including Mandalorians who blockaded crucial trade route(s). After the Mandalorian Blockade was broken, the Empire had basically lost all it's advantages and was on even match with the Republic. In this situation Revan could convince the Emperor to seek peace (which included sacking Coruscant during the negotiations to get better terms).

IMO without the treaty of Coruscant we would have a decades long war of attrition which would have wrecked both, Republic and Empire.

(But, of course, the Republic wasn't weak at the beginning of the GGW.)

It feels great! :D

I love the fact that Revan always stirs such debate. You should do An-In Depth look at Revan fanboism :D

I would, but my last Revan thread stirred up the hornets nest. My anti-Revanfanboy ability is still on cooldown. Give it a week or two and it'll be ready.

Edited by Aurbere

I would, but my last Revan thread stirred up the hornets nest. My anti-Revanfanboy ability is still on cooldown. Give it a week or two and it'll be ready.

Lol, definitely a good idea. You may have to wait a little long though. Revan is set to return in the Kaggath Tournament... (prays he won't end up against Traya again)

Lol, definitely a good idea. You may have to wait a little long though. Revan is set to return in the Kaggath Tournament... (prays he won't end up against Traya again)

Lol, yeah. I am patiently awaiting to hear who wins this battle and what the Kaggath Tournament matches are going to be.

Revan vs. General Grievous maybe? If you're doing a winners/losers bracket, that would be your best bet.

Lol, yeah. I am patiently awaiting to hear who wins this battle and what the Kaggath Tournament matches are going to be.

Revan vs. General Grievous maybe? If you're doing a winners/losers bracket, that would be your best bet.

The brackets have been decided, I'm sure you'll like them.

A little of topic, but I think...

...that's not true. The Republic did stop the Empire's advance in the midrim. The Empire changed it's tactic by including Mandalorians who blockaded crucial trade route(s). After the Mandalorian Blockade was broken, the Empire had basically lost all it's advantages and was on even match with the Republic. In this situation Revan could convince the Emperor to seek peace (which included sacking Coruscant during the negotiations to get better terms).

IMO without the treaty of Coruscant we would have a decades long war of attrition which would have wrecked both, Republic and Empire.

(But, of course, the Republic wasn't weak at the beginning of the GGW.)

That's not what Revan said.

The brackets have been decided, I'm sure you'll like them.

Darn you! The anticipation is overwhelming!

I'm going to say this now: No matter who Revan goes up against (Tyber Zahn, Grievous, Plagueis etc.), that thread is going to be just as long as the Traya/Revan battle. If not longer.

LOL

Seriously. That'd be a bad idea. That's like asking for a heated debate. I must warn you that if you do such a thing I might have to make a:

In depth look at: Anti-Revan peoples

lol I'm not kidding.

The class stories and the trailers seem to support Maaruin's idea, a blitzkrieg from the SE initially followed by strong Republic comebacks like Bothawui and Alderaan leading to peace negotiations before the sacking of Coruscant.

While I think Revan was an amazing character in the KOTORs, he's not the most stable of people in our game :)

Because character statements are canon, simply put, we know as a matter of fact that the Sith war machine had been halted in it's tracks once the Republic got it's act together, they even pushed the Empire right back to Korriban, the Seat of the Empire, it took Malgus and others pulling a pincer movement to force the Republic back a few systems, the Empire got blitzed before the Republic stopped, then eventually the Empire(Revan) made the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty happen.

The Republic definitely were holding their ground in the mid-rim, the only reason the Empire got all those extra systems is because they'd taken the Republic's capital hostage and 'forced the ink on the paper', to coin the phrase.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Ding Ding Ding!

:sy_republic: Longest Kaggath Thread Ever! :sy_empire:

*speaking to my master (Revan)*

I'm sorry! I tried to end it! I tried kill the thread before it overpowered yours! Have mercy on my soul!!

*Revan shoots force lightning at me as punishment*

AAAHHH!!! :eek: :eek:

Edited by MasterMe

I'm sorry! I tried to end it! I tried kill the thread before it overpowered yours! Have mercy on my soul!!

Nah, he'd kill everyone with human DNA to make sure :D

LOL

Seriously. That'd be a bad idea. That's like asking for a heated debate. I must warn you that if you do such a thing I might have to make a:

In depth look at: Anti-Revan peoples

lol I'm not kidding.

Maybe we could do an interview with you... :D

XD

Edited by Beniboybling

Because character statements are canon, simply put, we know as a matter of fact that the Sith war machine had been halted in it's tracks once the Republic got it's act together, they even pushed the Empire right back to Korriban, the Seat of the Empire, it took Malgus and others pulling a pincer movement to force the Republic back a few systems, the Empire got blitzed before the Republic stopped, then eventually the Empire(Revan) made the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty happen.

The Republic definitely were holding their ground in the mid-rim, the only reason the Empire got all those extra systems is because they'd taken the Republic's capital hostage and 'forced the ink on the paper', to coin the phrase.

After that however, the Empire retook Ziost and began pushing the Republic back again. Taking key worlds such as Serenno. I believe the Imperial advance would have continued if not for the TOC.