Annihilation and Ravage

Murmurrr

Can someone explain to me if I'm mistaken about how Ravage works?

Let me explain what I think I know.

-The GCD is 1.5sec

-Ravage is a 3sec channel.

-The first two hits occur in the first 1.5sec (when the GCD is going on) which means you cannot cancel into anything else until that 1.5sec is up. (Am I wrong at this?)

-This means that whatever the third hit deals effectively costs you one GCD and nothing else (let's ignore that stupid bug where you perform the animation but do no damage, that sucks, yes I know, I hope they fix it too.)

-I know Annihilate deals more damage than the last hit of Ravage, but what about other abilities? Annihilate still has a pretty long coodown, so I'm not sure I feel justified losing that last hit just to pop Annihilate one GCD earlier, especially since that last hit exceeds some of my other powers.

-Does Annihilate somehow interact differently with Ravage than other powers?

-I often use Ravage as a sort of finisher, if the enemy looks likely to get out of my range (say I'm immob'ed) I know Ravage's last hit has around a 10m range.

Am I wrong in any of my assumptions or should I move around Ravage from its current spot on my toolbar in favor of another power?

Don't be quick to discount full animation of Ravage -- it's #1 use for me has been vs. bads that just stand there and try to eat the 3rd hit. When you're in the middle of a large fight it's invaluable as you can save your CDs to immediately focus fire a better player.

Before I begin sorry for the derail. Just giving the confused people some information.

As Carnage yes we will let the 3rd hit of Ravage hit. We will do this for 1 reason. With the gore debuff we have 100% armor penentration. Also when speced into it, Ravage does root the target in place.

It's also pretty amazing how often I don't get my ravage interupted in PvP. There are only two situations I can think of when I don't get my full ravage off as Carnage.

1. When it bugs.

2. When someone with a knock back knocks my target away from me.

Again sorry for the derail. Please continue on with the orginal conversation.

Before I begin sorry for the derail. Just giving the confused people some information.

As Carnage yes we will let the 3rd hit of Ravage hit. We will do this for 1 reason. With the gore debuff we have 100% armor penentration. Also when speced into it, Ravage does root the target in place.

It's also pretty amazing how often I don't get my ravage interupted in PvP. There are only two situations I can think of when I don't get my full ravage off as Carnage.

1. When it bugs.

2. When someone with a knock back knocks my target away from me.

Again sorry for the derail. Please continue on with the orginal conversation.

Well, in all fairness, the last thing I would blow my interrupt cooldown on would be ravage...better to save it for a healer or High DPS ranged channel.