Rage Smash Showdown!

filipesantana

They are, though. If a Mara chooses Annihilation they have great survivability but not as much crowd-controlling damage. If they choose Rage they have explosive damage but very little survivability (Yes they have the 99% damage reduction that lasts a WHOLE 4 SECONDS, which they usually only pop right before dying to get an extra shot or 2 in).

I love how ill-informed the community is about Smash. They act like all a fresh 50 has to do is select "Rage" from the specialization screen and they get 7k crits instantly with no effort whatsoever. It takes a lot gear optimization to achieve big crits. And that's against moderately equipped opponents.

hmm..maybe 7k+...

i am full BM augemented with strgh(i have 2 pieces of WH)....respeced rage, didnt cnahge any mods or anythign in my gear..i have 72% surge...no power stacking AT ALL..and is till get crits above 6k...so..ye..not that hard..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm..maybe 7k+...

i am full BM augemented with strgh(i have 2 pieces of WH)....respeced rage, didnt cnahge any mods or anythign in my gear..i have 72% surge...no power stacking AT ALL..and is till get crits above 6k...so..ye..not that hard..

Smashing people with no expertise? :)

Lacks utility, really?

AoE slow, taunts, push, AoE mez, armor debuff, and not CC'able after a leap (great for grabbing the Huttball)? Guardians/Juggs are most clutch at CC'ing for node caps, slowing down reinforcements, and carrying/grabbing the Huttball.

They have the best utility in the game, short a bubble-stun Sage.

Nothing that the Rage spec doesn't get save the anti-CC after leap. There's no extra utility going Vengeance over Rage. Rage is, hands down, the better spec. If you want a high utility melee class then you're better off rolling Assassin, Operative, or Mara, essentially anything but Juggernaut. All of them have better options than Vengeance. Vengeance's only good trick is unremitting, but that doesn't save the spec as a whole. Why do that when you can smash and grab?

Amazing how maras know there's a nerf on the way so they cry crocodile tears agreeing that the best course of action would be to lose auto crit.

Maras have way too much survivability and that is the problem. They should either be the uber nukes that they are now but without the survivability or their damage potential should be cut in half. 500k dmg in wz for a melee class is an absolute joke.

Us real Sentinels/marauders don't care if you nerf smash. Please nerf that noob spec.

Amazing how maras know there's a nerf on the way so they cry crocodile tears agreeing that the best course of action would be to lose auto crit.

Maras have way too much survivability and that is the problem. They should either be the uber nukes that they are now but without the survivability or their damage potential should be cut in half. 500k dmg in wz for a melee class is an absolute joke.

Nope awful suggestion reducing survivability. Range can be glass cannon type but melee - impossible.

But 500k for a PYrotech is ok?

Smash isn't overpowered... . Sins and ops can also put out high damage in no time. Smash was overpowered if you would loose every single 1on1 or even 1on2 against a jugg. Are you? No you aren't. ( if you do, you're bad). Pve wise rage juggs are on about te same lvl of dps as mercs and sorcs. Nerfing smash would cause the jugg to be the lowest dps. Sustained and burst will be broken.

Why do people complain about our survivability and our ability Guarded By The Force? i mean you got one class who can get 100% chance to dodge all melee and ranged attacks. Another class who can get immunity to tech and force. The only difference is there abilities don't require them to spend 50% of there HP making there abilities a complete last resort. Just stun the Marauder/Sentinel when the pop GBTF or UR, they should be so low on HP a basic attack should kill them -____- Edited by PowerReaper

Why do people complain about our survivability and our ability Guarded By The Force? i mean you got one class who can get 100% chance to dodge all melee and ranged attacks. Another class who can get immunity to tech and force. The only difference is there abilities don't require them to spend 50% of there HP making there abilities a complete last resort. Just stun the Marauder/Sentinel when the pop GBTF or UR, they should be so low on HP a basic attack should kill them -____-

I love your signature.

But 500k for Sniper is ok?

Lol dude, lets look a how a lethalit sniper does the 500k damage and how a smash mara does it. One class can destroy healers while other in leth spec is completely hopeless against them.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Lol dude, lets look a how a lethalit sniper does the 500k damage and how a smash mara does it. One class can destroy healers while other in leth spec is completely hopeless against them.

So snipers can't destroy healers? Hmm hmmmm.

But 500k for a PYrotech is ok?

Show me a pyro who does 1 milion damage on a daily basis, better yet show me 5 of them on one server. I see derpsmashers doing 900 to 1mil+ damage on a daily basis and I don't even mean the really good ones.

hmm..maybe 7k+...

Don't lie to try and gain a foothold in the conversation.

I doubt you even have a Warrior Rage spec just by how absurd your claim is because Strength does NOTHING for Rage spec, especially Smash because smash isn't a physical attack it's kinetic. Before respecing I had ~1800 Strength and could barely hit 4k smashes, I swapped gear around and only have about ~1400 Strength, now with much more Power (Which is the fuel of Rage spec), and now I can hit people for 6k fairly regularly. 7k is still pretty rare unless the person is in PvE gear (Believe it or not, some people enter WZs with <135 Expertise).

Like PowerReaper said, you won't get 7k with that gear unless you're going up against people with little-to-no expertise. And even then it's farfectched because you said you had no power for a kinetic attack.

Nice try.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

I have over 1300 exp and get hit for over 6k by smash frequently, don't find it hard at all to believe it's doable on people with less than stellar gear.

On our forums there are frequently screenshots being posted of mara's / juggs pumping out over 1 million per game, there's also a video of a vanguard who does over 700k using two buttons.

It needs to be brought into line with the other classes, hitting 5 targets for 6k+ is retarded and in a ranked game vs 3/4 mara's working together at a choke point it's game breaking.

I have over 1300 exp and get hit for over 6k by smash frequently, don't find it hard at all to believe it's doable on people with less than stellar gear.

On our forums there are frequently screenshots being posted of mara's / juggs pumping out over 1 million per game, there's also a video of a vanguard who does over 700k using two buttons.

It needs to be brought into line with the other classes, hitting 5 targets for 6k+ is retarded and in a ranked game vs 3/4 mara's working together at a choke point it's game breaking.

How rarely do you see a Smash Warrior smashing more then 2-3 people at a time? why do people feel the need to stack on a door and make themselves vulnerable to more aoes not just smash. Basically don't stack and smash will be less effective against a team. And its extremely rare to get a smash that actually hits 5 people for 6k.

Edited by PowerReaper

How rarely do you see a Smash Warrior smashing more then 2-3 people at a time? why do people feel the need to stack on a door and make themselves vulnerable to more aoes not just smash. Basically don't stack and smash will be less effective against a team. And its extremely rare to get a smash that actually hits 5 people for 6k.

better question is... why on earth should the strongest attack in the game also be an AOE? answer: it shouldnt.

AOEs should be low-mod damage when hitting target. the total damage is high but its spread out. totally craaaazy to have the ability to 6k+ hits on 5 people at once... even if you are not always hitting 5 people with it.

better question is... why on earth should the strongest attack in the game also be an AOE? answer: it shouldnt.

AOEs should be low-mod damage when hitting target. the total damage is high but its spread out. totally craaaazy to have the ability to 6k+ hits on 5 people at once... even if you are not always hitting 5 people with it.

I do not get it, Smash Spec has always been able to do this damage. Smash is not the most powerful attack in the game, i forgot that it requires 2 buffs in total that come from different abilities to get that damage. I find it funny that people actually are complaining about Smashs aoe damage now when its always been able to do this damage =D i can't wait till Rage is nerf'd and people find some new spec to complain about lol. This spec even before the buff has always been able to hit people with this aoe for its damage. So complaining about its damage now is *sigh*.

Edited by PowerReaper

I do not get it, Smash Spec has always been able to do this damage. Smash is not the most powerful attack in the game, i forgot that it requires 2 buffs in total that come from different abilities to get that damage. I find it funny that people actually are complaining about Smashs aoe damage now when its always been able to do this damage =D i can't wait till Rage is nerf'd and people find some new spec to complain about lol.

come on. dont most big attacks need to be set up? all my big attacks on inf spec all need some proc/condition to be set up first because without it they are all just meh attacks.

people did complain about the damage of smash all the way back around launch. but the complaints were really offset by how smash used to work and also because people felt sents/mars were gimped back them. since all the buffs to that class and the changes to make smash easier to use, everyone and their mothers are running around smashing. so yeah, more people notice. :p

i think that class already has enough going for it, monster AOE is def not needed.

come on. dont most big attacks need to be set up? all my big attacks on inf spec all need some proc/condition to be set up first because without it they are all just meh attacks.

people did complain about the damage of smash all the way back around launch. but the complaints were really offset by how smash used to work and also because people felt sents/mars were gimped back them. since all the buffs to that class and the changes to make smash easier to use, everyone and their mothers are running around smashing. so yeah, more people notice. :p

i think that class already has enough going for it, monster AOE is def not needed.

You're a Shadow Infiltration Spec (don't they get a 30% aoe reduction?) complaining about Smashers?

You're a Shadow Infiltration Spec (don't they get a 30% aoe reduction?) complaining about Smashers?

that isnt the point. just because i have 30% AOE reduction doesnt mean every class does. also, 30% less damage doesnt mean much when getting chain smashed, lol.

i dont mind that its a big hitting attack. keep the damage. just AOEs that do as much as biggest single target attack damage wise never seem to be good for any MMO that ive played.