Vokk on Hardmode is seriously ****ed up...

Good to hear that it's not too easy.

Cuz if everything is easy you complain

And if everything is hard you still complain

Dont play Hardmode if your not a Hard(mode)core player, it's made for them, not for the : **** i quit after i got 1 shotted because i failed, people.

I've never seemed to have a problem with it.

*I'm more annoyed at the fact that I get zero social and light side points for doing hardmode Esseles. Or that he won't stop dropping Consular bracers....*

Edited by Maxiim

Moving out of the purple circle is not hard. You have enough time to move. There is literally nothing else to watch for in that fight. Position your camera so you can see the floor and when you see it, stop what you're doing and RUN.

I agree that this was a problem however you can work around it.

Even if I move straight away and on my screen was well outside I could get hit by lightning (said I had 45ms latency). During some occation tried the opposit. Stand outside one that spawned and then run in and stand in it when the lightning comes. Those times I didnt take damage at all even if the lightning hit my head. I think that ability does not at all use your position when the lightning hits but a good time earlier.

However I was the healer and by constantly being on the move when it felt close to a new one and just stand still when I saw where it was made it work for me.

You do have more than a second to move out of the circle. Atleast that's what i've experienced on this boss fight.

Also I've experienced if the circle spawns on you meanwhile casting a spell or start casting a spell - even though you do move out of the rings by a couple of meters it still hits you (this may be a bug or due to latency - I've got not clue).

Anyhow the boss is doable, and it's really not that difficult tbh, there are far worse encounters. So just give it some tries and you'll down him.

I think this boss is bugged but I'm not certain. If he enrages and then you wipe, when you return the purple AoE circles seem to do more damage (at least from my experience, where they've turned from doing 6-8k damage into a one-shot).

This fight is terribly tuned. Please take off the enrage timer, does every boss in the game need an enrage timer? Is this a fun mechanic to anyone?

Tell your DPS to push their buttons harder? We were beating the enrage timer as fresh 50s on this boss (honestly had a harder time on Ironfist in regards to Enrage).

I had to change my approach to this fight because no matter how far I ran out of the circle before the lightning hits I still got hit by the damage as long as I was standing still at the moment the circle actually lands on me, not the lightning. The mechanic is very confusing, you can be 30m away from the aoe when it actually goes off and still get hit by it if you were standing still at the time of the circle going down but if you were already on the move when the purple circle landed you can literally stand right in the middle of it and take no damage when the lightning goes off. The way my groups and I have been completing this is if there are no purple circles on the ground everyone in the group keeps moving, if you see purple circles then it is ok to stand still and cast. It makes it an extremely annoying fight for healers and dps that need to cast abilities(gunslingers suck so bad on this fight since you can maybe be behind cover for 5 seconds before you have to run again), but it is still doable.

Did him yesterday with fresh 50s, me as the healer with a lot of crap gear, just 1 relic, no consumables used etc. pp.

I can confirm, that sometimes the lightning hits you, although you dont stand in the circle.

Its tough with crap gear, but doable and NOT buggy.

Got him down at the time he enraged. Not that bad with level equipment i think ;)

The only thing that ever screwed my teammates was the lightsaber throw hitting 1 person twice in a row. Mind you, most people who die from 2 saber throws in a row are not in great gear. But the purple circle is just a reactionspeed check.

This fight is terribly tuned. Please take off the enrage timer, does every boss in the game need an enrage timer? Is this a fun mechanic to anyone?

Yes, please take off the enrage timer and take away everything that's a little challenging ... or just make him a chest, we can loot and we all get along.

The lightning is buggy sometimes-- it will sometimes strike IMMEDIATELY after the purple circle appears on the ground.

You might not notice this as other classes, but at least for Commandos I've noticed that you really need to move between channeling abilities or you will get hit.

But if you do that, it becomes extremely trivial to survive. Everyone I've run through with The Esseles has noticed this.

Edited by JaspahX

If you guys are having problems with the Enrage timer, have your tank put on DPS gear. The damage to the tank is completely laughable, the only serious damage your tank will take is from the Force Choke (which can be completely broken by the PvP remove Stun/Snare ability and do no damage) and saber throw when the tank gets knocked back.

How do you get to Vokk and then feel he's overtuned? Ironfist is harder than anything outside of The Battle for Ilum and Directive 7 (I didn't try either yet, but I'm being told some stuff in there is rough).

Vokk may as well be a normal enemy if you have gears to beat Ironfist.

Ironfist is not difficult, you just have to be able to coordinate interrupts on his Aim shot which your average PUG has problems doing.

Yes that and the fact melee dps can't attack him when shield is up, as it will knock over the one with most aggro (=tank).

It would be easy if we had addons, we could concentrate on watching the floor without having to eyeball action bars all the time. Sigh.

Generally that fight isn't very hard though, especially for melee, most problems can be solved by moving all the time and dancing around him. If I do that (usually cba but I sometimes did) I always get enough time to move out.

From what my group has noticed doing this is if you try to get as far away as possible it will often still hit you this seems to be to do with the server not updating your position while you are still running. Instead what we do for this is simply run out of the red circle and then stop running once we are out of it, this then stops it hitting you.