Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fury / Concentration Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Fury / Concentration Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.16.2019 , 09:59 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Following our Onslaught announcement at SW Celebration we want to start diving into feedback right away. I want to use this thread to talk about Tactical Item effects and Set Bonuses for Fury and Concentration Disciplines. Our goal for set bonuses is to introduce new bonuses, and potentially with even new sizes so you can mix and match. Tactical Items are a new item type that is meant to be build defining and most likely to directly impact how an ability works. For inspiration here are two completely made up Chain Lightning Examples:
  1. Chain Lightning now does all of its total damage to only one target, and no longer jumps.
  2. Chain Lightning now jumps even more and does additional damage to secondary targets.

That would allow you to take a standard ability and allow it to be modified to fit your playstyle. Please use this thread to brainstorm ideas and make as many recommendations as you would like! For context:
  • Tactical Items: These should modify one of your Advanced Class/Discipline abilities to work differently. The goal is for you to use the ability in situations you previously wouldn’t (more often, against specific targets, etc)
  • Set Bonuses: These should be focused on the broader “kind of tools” your class uses, but not specific abilities. Some examples are sets that center around bleeds, force damage, lightning, shields, cover, and so on.
Set bonuses, tacticals, both, let us know what you would like to see. I may not respond frequently in this thread but know that I am going to be compiling everything and sending it over to the team.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthEnrique
04.16.2019 , 10:09 AM | #2
Here's a thought, how about a Tactical Item that boosts the defense of Inquisitors/Consulars so they aren't so squishy like they have been for years?
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

JessieStar
04.16.2019 , 10:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEnrique View Post
Here's a thought, how about a Tactical Item that boosts the defense of Inquisitors/Consulars so they aren't so squishy like they have been for years?
Sorcs/Sages would be "broken" if not being squishy

Putting jokes away...

What about self heals and survivability of PT/Vang tanks (as well as dps specs)?

FiLaBugh
04.16.2019 , 11:54 AM | #4
What about you in BW make your suggestions and then people can discuss and present their suggestions???

I suggest you contact guilds/players with more experience in pve and/or pvp, present them with your suggestions, listen too what their opinions are then present it back on foruns Or else you will get full threads with nonsence and just missleading suggestions from players that imo lack the knowledge to make suggestions in this regards. Just as you can see in this thread already. First they are completlely off topic, then they call squishy to a class that at least have 1 spec that is the less squishy in pve and pvp but problably they never saw a combat log or played with or against the class/spec.

shyroman
04.16.2019 , 12:06 PM | #5
A possible tactical item could be making Fury feel like pre-3.0 Fury a bit. Make it an aoe monster, significantly increasing the damage of smash. With lackluster sustained damage.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Star Forge

merovejec
04.16.2019 , 01:31 PM | #6
Tactical Item:
If the target affected by Force Exhaustion is in range and Force Sweep is used it will spread the effects of Force Exhaustion to all other targets in range.

Increase the range of Force Sweep.

Heal while being attacked with Rebuke active.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

RussellRichter
04.16.2019 , 03:04 PM | #7
This doesn't solely relate to Fury, but I thought maybe a tactical item that increased the damage of ravage again but put it back on a 3 second channel. It would be a gain in DPS but the consequence would be you would lose DPS without planned positioning/timing.

shyroman
04.16.2019 , 03:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RussellRichter View Post
This doesn't solely relate to Fury, but I thought maybe a tactical item that increased the damage of ravage again but put it back on a 3 second channel. It would be a gain in DPS but the consequence would be you would lose DPS without planned positioning/timing.
I second this. Although I wouldn't always use this, having the option benefits everyone. A lot of people were really upset about the change, not just for dps, but the over feel of the ability and the animation. Would give options for people trying to min/max and give people just wanting to have fun feel more in control.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Star Forge

RussellRichter
04.16.2019 , 03:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
I second this. Although I wouldn't always use this, having the option benefits everyone. A lot of people were really upset about the change, not just for dps, but the over feel of the ability and the animation. Would give options for people trying to min/max and give people just wanting to have fun feel more in control.
Plus they already have the animation made

DarkSaberMaster
04.16.2019 , 09:39 PM | #10
Being able to use Force Lightning/Force Storm as a Sith Marauder?

Oh yeah. And Choke.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger