Question about Smuggler Alt

Talon_Starfire

While it's not really possible to side WITH the Empire, it IS possible to do things that hurt the Republic and might help the Empire as a side effect. At least, that's from what I remember, playing neutral and trying a lot of the options out. Edited by Stenrik

Without spoiling too much - Act 1 has almost nothing to do with the Republic vs Empire conflict, its just you trying to get rich and find great riches. You can of course play this act being completely selfish, even going as a far as helping Imps at the expense of the republic to achieve your goals.

Act 2 and Act 3 not so much since :

You become a Republic Privateer - basically a free-agent for the Republic, like a Spectre in the Star Wars universe if you will :p

I did play my Smuggler as someone who was pretty apathetic about the Republic, my ending didn't really benefit them at all, but on the other hand it didn't really benefit the Empire either. If you don't really like the Republic then you'll have a decent time with the story, but don't expect too much pro-Empire opportunities either.

Without spoiling too much - Act 1 has almost nothing to do with the Republic vs Empire conflict, its just you trying to get rich and find great riches. You can of course play this act being completely selfish, even going as a far as helping Imps at the expense of the republic to achieve your goals.

Act 2 and Act 3 not so much since :

You become a Republic Privateer - basically a free-agent for the Republic, like a Spectre in the Star Wars universe if you will :p

I did play my Smuggler as someone who was pretty apathetic about the Republic, my ending didn't really benefit them at all, but on the other hand it didn't really benefit the Empire either. If you don't really like the Republic then you'll have a decent time with the story, but don't expect too much pro-Empire opportunities either.

It's not that I don't like the Republic it's just if I'm playing a Smuggler I think I should be a criminal.

It's not that I don't like the Republic it's just if I'm playing a Smuggler I think I should be a criminal.

Yes, you get many chances to be a criminal - you'll really love one of the endings too. In fact, even if you play full lightside you're still going to be a criminal who has trouble with the authorities. People forget that the Smuggler isn't the Agent for the republic, they're mercenaries who do jobs for them with credits as their biggest motivator.

I'm curious as to why you've asked whether they could be loyal to the empire.....the Empire is far more unforgiving towards Smugglers and criminals than the Republic is (The latter doesn't like them but does make use of them for the war effort, the former just end up killing them most the time).

Your question was already answered, but I did want to add that if you like the scoundrel as a class, but want imperial connections then start an operative. Same abilities, just named differently, and story is outstanding (after a slow start).

Agent Chapter 3 ending (spoiler alert obviously)

You're always going to be a criminal. In a lot of ways, you're the dude that the Republic reluctantly works with to get their hands dirty, so the Republic stays clean. That means dealing with the underworld, which is something they don't want to touch.

You're a mother flippin' dirty secret. The light side/dark side choices decides how dirty of a secret you are.

You will get plenty of opportunities to be a criminal, believe me. You will have choices to kill people or let them live, chances to backstab Republic agents, even turn double agent yourself. You will even have "police" on certain planets giving you a hard time because they don't trust you. You will have the option to bribe enemies and even take bribes. It's a blast.