Another Empty Crate...

Myriandore

I'm at level 70 and been fortunate enough to get 3 different set pieces. But soon I'll be 90 and tier 2. So I'm not quite understanding why BW made it so hard to get ALL the pieces within the tier parameters before you get to the next tier. Not sure what the point is there. Hopefully 5.1 fixes this. :)

Just something to think about, I opened 225 tier 1 crates and got 13 set pieces, no legs or chest but over 2 5 piece sets. I opened 90 tier 2 crates and got 7 pieces of set piece gear nd 2 duplicates and 6 piece 4 were 236 2 were 234. Tier 3 has been 105 crates 1 242 set piece nd 1 240 set piece and lots and lots of predominately useless items. I will say that tier 3 did give me lots of the same relic schematics 240 and after all this not one single set piece legs any tier and not one single ear at any tier. I have no ide is this is just bad luck or very similar to what others have experienced. Tomorrow I expect to reach level 300 and face an endless grind with no end in sight.

Let me know if you have gotten to 300 I would love to hear how it went for others.

I'm at level 23 with one toon* and haven't gotten a single set piece yet. Yeah, RNG is RNG and I might well get all 7 set pieces in the last 7 crastes, but it doesn't look promising. They seriously, seriously need to take a long, hard look at the drop rates. I don't have the energy to grind all my alts through RNG garbage.

* And level 13 with another toon and level 6 with a third. No set pieces for any of them.

Edited by berelinde

It's even worse when you get doubles or relics you can't use in PvP because they don't proc. The stats you get also make it a nightmare to min-max properly. At least beforehand, I could purchase usable relics from PvP vendors, now it's a random lottery whether I can get the piece that I need for my most played endgame activity.

Actually imma level with you. You've probably destroyed good gear for your toon. First 10 or so levels give you 230 gear which HAS to be better than what you're wearing set bonus aside. Once you get into it you start getting the same crap or worse crap but to say you got nothing in the 1st 10 crates well either you have extremely bad luck and got the same thing,you have colour bias( greens are completely moddable btw so you can extract those mods,) or you've probably junked stuff that would have been useful. Imma say you've junked good gear. Congrats. Please come back when you've gained another dozen in levels.

Actually You've probably destroyed good gear for your toon. ... Imma say you've junked good gear. Congrats. Please come back when you've gained another dozen in levels.

Me junked good gear? Are you mad? I can guarantee you that this stupid scenario is playing in your head only.

I started grinding at full 224 from when you got good gear the hard way. Suggesting that I am not capable to recognise gear is at best projecting, or trolling of the worst spiteful and sarcastic kind.

My point is very valid. Some people can indeed go into extremely long unlucky streaks with drops; been there, seen it, done it myself. if acquiring gear was purely based on merit and not RNG, I am 100% certain that by now I'd have easily geared all my 3 raiding toons in at least tier 1. But sadly because of bads like you BW has created a system where everyone is supposed to get the best this game can offer - even idiots who can't play or those who think you can confuse upgrades with bad gear and... junk them

Good thing is this post actually reflects a sizable sample of people experiencing the same bewilderment I do regarding this half baked scheme. Which in a warped way is sort of comforting...

As for you those thinking there is nothing wrong.... I rest my case.

I get a set piece about every 10 crates. I always save up my crates until I have between 15 and 20 then I open them up until I get a set piece. Then I save them again. I'm level 68 with 5 set pieces and 6 crates in my cargo hold. I still need the chest and gloves. I did get one duplicate set piece last round.

Also saving up the crates and opening them when light side is winning helps to ensure I get light side tokens because I invariably will gain at least one command rank when opening crates.

I get a set piece about every 10 crates. I always save up my crates until I have between 15 and 20 then I open them up until I get a set piece. Then I save them again. I'm level 68 with 5 set pieces and 6 crates in my cargo hold. I still need the chest and gloves. I did get one duplicate set piece last round.

Also saving up the crates and opening them when light side is winning helps to ensure I get light side tokens because I invariably will gain at least one command rank when opening crates.

That's an interesting way to open GCs, I'll try it. :D

I started grinding at full 224 from when you got good gear the hard way. Suggesting that I am not capable to recognise gear is at best projecting, or trolling of the worst spiteful and sarcastic kind.

Lol grinding priority HM KP/EV = "good gear the hard way." GC is bad RNG but let's not pretend 4.0 wasn't anything other throwing the best gear at anyone with a pulse like an Oprah giveaway. That opened the door to the monstrosity we have now.

Edited by FireFoxed

Lol grinding priority HM KP/EV = "good gear the hard way." GC is bad RNG but let's not pretend 4.0 wasn't anything other throwing the best gear at anyone with a pulse like an Oprah giveaway. That opened the door to the monstrosity we have now.

Yes indeed, I was incensed and didn't make sense writing. OFC 224 KP EV HM was a farce. What I meant is I grinded gear at the time you did it the hard way starting at the TFB era when nim was done with ilvl 175 (IIRC), all the way to DF nim before 224s were introduced.

So I can tell the difference when I see a freaking upgrade.

Me junked good gear? Are you mad? I can guarantee you that this stupid scenario is playing in your head only.

My point is very valid. Some people can indeed go into extremely long unlucky streaks with drops; been there, seen it, done it myself. if acquiring gear was purely based on merit and not RNG, I am 100% certain that by now I'd have easily geared all my 3 raiding toons in at least tier 1. But sadly because of bads like you BW has created a system where everyone is supposed to get the best this game can offer - even idiots who can't play or those who think you can confuse upgrades with bad gear and... junk them

Good thing is this post actually reflects a sizable sample of people experiencing the same bewilderment I do regarding this half baked scheme. Which in a warped way is sort of comforting...

As for you those thinking there is nothing wrong.... I rest my case.

No ear pieces, relics, weapons, or implants then? As they'd be 230 and not set gear. 230 should be better than 224.

No ear pieces, relics, weapons, or implants then? As they'd be 230 and not set gear. 230 should be better than 224.

not the green/blue ones (at least not the implants or ears, can't remember about relics). all the green and blue ones I saw weren't as good as 224 token versions, and in most cases not even 220 token versions because of the stat distribution.

So better is relative to what you started with.

i don't count and i don't care anymore.

last thing was, that i had a droprate of usable items, by 4%, each toon.

within the first 15 crates of each tier-zone, you get the most items out.

so i replayed my alts, to get 230 setbonus fast, played one main char

to raise rank quick.

our guild keeps the operations material for main- and raid-chars,

so it is not that easy to get these for me, exept pvp or pugs, but already

have tons of it.

goal was, to get into tier3 fast, for 2 classes (force/tech).

it was very stressful and every time i run an operation, there was this

feeling, that it is like losing time for farming cxp. so no fun anymore.

that's why i bought a full 240-kit for my main. this was such a hugh

improvement for gameplay (not the hps/dps-thing), that i decided

to do that with my other toons, too. this takes out all the leveling pressure,

so that i could start again, playing my liked parts, without any boosters,

without caring about serverstatus, or anything else. just playing my way

again, and using alts again, if i want.

the most crafter will create this for free, but they take the crits. it is a fair deal.

i...that's why i bought a full 240-kit for my main. this was such a hugh

improvement for gameplay (not the hps/dps-thing),.. the most crafter will create this for free...

Yeah but crafted don't produce set bonuses - do they in this system?

Not to mention that usually crafted itemization is never as good as drop from raids. Is the ratio of secondary stats on crafted now as good as what you'd get from raid stuff?

Yeah but crafted don't produce set bonuses - do they in this system?

Not to mention that usually crafted itemization is never as good as drop from raids. Is the ratio of secondary stats on crafted now as good as what you'd get from raid stuff?

You can craft Hilts, Barrels, Armorings(non-set), Modifications and Enhancements 240 with the same quality as in the 240-set-pieces, that are dropping from crates. Implants, Ears and Relics aren't as good as the drops you get. The tertiary stats on implants and ears are the same as in good ones. Relics have more endurance/mastery and no tertiarystats, but they share the procs with the command-crate-relics.

So, the way might be using old 6 old 224-armorings for the set-bonus and craft everything else. You will miss some Mastery, some AP and ~100 tertiary stat.

You can craft Hilts, Barrels, Armorings(non-set), Modifications and Enhancements 240 with the same quality as in the 240-set-pieces, that are dropping from crates. Implants, Ears and Relics aren't as good as the drops you get. The tertiary stats on implants and ears are the same as in good ones. Relics have more endurance/mastery and no tertiarystats, but they share the procs with the command-crate-relics.

So, the way might be using old 6 old 224-armorings for the set-bonus and craft everything else. You will miss some Mastery, some AP and ~100 tertiary stat.

Then it's truly fkd up ...

I spent 2 full weeks of Xmas vacation farming cxp as best I could. Finally last week I made tier 3. Since then 20 crates of useless crap. Sheesh. I bought better crafted stuff off the GTN 4 weeks ago. Bired, bored, bored and disappointed. None of this is fun anymore.

Do your PvP dailies and weeklies to get 240 schematics.