Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Juggernaut

The_Soulcist
03.18.2013 , 09:56 PM | #1
Alright, trust me - I've ready a lot of guides and stuff and it seems no matter what I do, and how much help I ask for I just can't pull it off so instead, I'm going to take a different approach and post the pictures I need to post and what not.

To start off, I think my character is unbalanced at 47 (soon to be 48) and I'm not sure what I should do. I was aiming for a tank but I'm not sure if I could do it simply because first off I don't have the funds, and I'm a little more worried about gearing my companions than I am myself.

Here are a few pictures:

Character Sheet:
http://puu.sh/2kgQq

Crew Skills:
http://puu.sh/2kgS7

Skill Tree:
http://puu.sh/2kgT1

So at first glance do people think this is a bit ridiculous? I feel as if it is to be honest, but not sure what I should do about it, so could I get some advice here?

Also, I've been told MANY different things on crew skills, and I've read guides about them as well but I don't know what would be right for me, or at least a tank (at least that's what I'm trying to go for) so advice on that as well, please.

UncleOst
03.18.2013 , 10:31 PM | #2
...recite the sith code.

...over...and over...and over...

Elyxin
03.19.2013 , 08:27 PM | #3
Few things:

1) Id honestly spec Vengeance. right now Immortal is so frakkin slow...post 2.0 it's going to be great (testing it myself on the PTR atm), but right now its damage is low, it's defenses are actually not much better then a full vengeance build. if you want to tank, you can even spec in vengeance up to impale and slide over into immortal if you want...personally id spec full vengeance. pre 50 you can tank most of the stuff in the game with a vengeance build

2) Don't worry as MUCH about gearing your companions...but with synthweaving, i'd focus your comms on companion gear and your crafting on yourself. for a Synthweaver, your wearing allot of orange gear!

Not that orange gear is bad but it means that your crafting skill isn't being used optimally, since it can't craft mods for your orange gear. so I'd do one of two things:

A - move the orange gear over to your companions, and buy mods for the gear with your commendations (mods for your companions that is). then spend a decent amount of time farming crystals, and keep your crafting up enough that you can always craft blues and purples for your level. Synthweaving can make some great stuff for leveling toons.

B - keep the oranges, drop synthweaving, and level up cybertech to make your own mods. this may take a bit longer then option A, since your re-leveling a new craft, but will probably give you more flexibility in gear, as you can craft mods for cunning and aim based companions, as well as yourself, whereas synth can only craft willpower/str based gear.

3) if you have to focus your gear selection, then make sure you are getting gear for Vette/Quinn. they both use the same stats, so the gear is swappable. that way you can only worry about one set of gear for your comps, and have a DPS option as well as a healing option . I personally use quinn 95% of the time...his healing makes most things a breeze. but having the choice is nice, and this prevents you from having to work on 5+ sets of gear for your comps. keep it simple..once you cap your level, gear will flow in for your other comps naturally.

4) or...if you want to stay the tank route and keep synth, you can instead craft gear for Jaesa, since she does willpower gear. then you can keep both yourself and Jaesa geared up, and save your comms for earpieces, implants, etc.

5) keep an eye out for gear purchasable with creds. noticed your wearing green jewelry .... on Hoth the special supplies vendor (can't remember his exact name) sells blue earpieces for around 40k. so hit the planets at your level, and look for those supply vendors...you may be able to find good upgrades for just creds.

6) if your short on cash, sell extra crystals and especially the materials you get from underworld trading. the metals in particular (that you use little of) fetch a nice price on the GMT...then you can turn that material around for a nice set of jewelry/implants for yourself and your comps.

Hope that helps!

The_Soulcist
03.19.2013 , 08:48 PM | #4
That does gives me a lot of information, and I do thank you a bunch!

At the moment though, I was thinking of getting rid of Synth., and replaced it with Artifice (which is what I did and at 80 something) - what do you think about that?

Thanks a bunch for the help so far.

Elyxin
03.20.2013 , 06:30 PM | #5
Artifice isn't bad....it would be the mirror of cybertech. here's a comparison (what you get). overall, it's probably a pick your own poison. hard choice IMO...here's a few selling points to consider for both:

Cybertech:
- you can craft mods for Vette/quinn/pierce as well as yourself and the others
- Grenades are just fun
- earpieces can be hard to get
- the special metals from Underworld trading are used in many crafts, so hold a high market value
- Makes armoring, which is an expensive mod to buy (7 comms on most planets)
- Makes Mods

Artifice:
- has hilts, which are the most expensive mod to get with comms (7 comms for a hilt vs. 2 comms for the others)
- Crystals are a big ticket item...rare ones go for high prices. the store is undermining that a bit right now though
- Makes Shields which are also very tough to find (but the new moddable ones from vendors make it less a challenge)
- Makes Enhancements, the 3rd mod slot on your gear.

Overall, the two crafts are better then buying mods from the comms vendors alone as they both can craft more variations of mods. most the mods at the vendor have horrible stats (mostly endurance).

now...I like and have both (actually two of each). But if i had to stick with one, I would go with cybertech overall (it's a narrow margin really). you can craft for all your comps, and though the hilts/barrels are pricey via comms, so are the armor mods...and only you and Jaesa use hilts. the rest use barrels. so cyber would be a bit more flexible, and the materials you gather for cybertech (scavenging and underworld trading) are used in more crafts, so they sell easier. But i love artifice too...so don't shy away from it if you like the idea. crafting lightsaber parts is fun to me...brings me back to my KOtOR II days when I woudl spend half my time figuring out which mods gave me the best bang for my buck. Loved that aspect of the game!

up to you, but if your doing a pure apples to oranges comparison, for leveling a toon cybertech wins out, even if just by a bit.

The_Soulcist
03.20.2013 , 11:20 PM | #6
Alright, no problem - I have made a lot of progress since posting that post, and I will be switching to Cyber as soon as possible.