Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
05.01.2019 , 01:43 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Akevv View Post
If you're throwing everything we're doing currently away, then why should we continue to pay y'all in the meantime? Every time y'all get 'new ideas', do you think its actually 'fun' rebuilding what you've taken away? It isn't.
This is normal in an MMORPG. And yes, the change MMORPGs go through helps refresh the game and make it differently enjoyable after being in the existing system for a while. Thats the planned scheme for MMORPGs amd almost always has been.

taxidermis's Avatar


taxidermis
05.01.2019 , 01:57 PM | #82
They have mentioned a couple times.. most recently on a interview with kogas.. that galactic command will probably stay in 6.0 as a way to get stuff.. but not necessarily gear.. if I remember correctly
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

Akevv's Avatar


Akevv
05.01.2019 , 02:27 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
This is normal in an MMORPG. And yes, the change MMORPGs go through helps refresh the game and make it differently enjoyable after being in the existing system for a while. Thats the planned scheme for MMORPGs amd almost always has been.
This comment pertains to what I said how? If they're throwing everything out that I may accomplish in the the next ~6 months, then why do i keep paying in the interim? Besides, your point is irrelevant as there's -plenty- of titles that respect player progress when introducing a new system. Its not zero sum. Differently enjoyable, trollol.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
05.01.2019 , 02:38 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Akevv View Post
This comment pertains to what I said how? If they're throwing everything out that I may accomplish in the the next ~6 months, then why do i keep paying in the interim? Besides, your point is irrelevant as there's -plenty- of titles that respect player progress when introducing a new system. Its not zero sum. Differently enjoyable, trollol.
Perhaps im not sure what you mean. What progress do you lose?

They openly encourage people to play the way they wish, to whatever motivates them. If you feel you arent making use of your time or your money, you dont need to pay them. Their pay structure allows them to still make equivalent profit whether you skip a month or 3, or pay through those months.

Deadpoole's Avatar


Deadpoole
05.01.2019 , 04:37 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You will not need unassembled components in 6.0, feel free to spend them. Most likely they will be converted to credits with Onslaught's launch.

-eric
Hmmm....whats the point in playing/paying if its going to be eliminated for the expansion. Been a subscriber since launch and never thought of this but I'm going to weigh my options now to FTP or whatever cheaper route if their is one....worst case scenario find a better game.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
05.01.2019 , 04:44 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadpoole View Post
Hmmm....whats the point in playing/paying if its going to be eliminated for the expansion. Been a subscriber since launch and never thought of this but I'm going to weigh my options now to FTP or whatever cheaper route if their is one....worst case scenario find a better game.
Make money, work on achievements, friends, beat content you havent mastered, gear up, pvp, strongholds, conquest, guild progress, learn a different class - just think of this period as free to do anything you wish without being anchored to a specific content by gear acquisition. The choice are limitless, but each player must make their own choice if its enough to keep playing through it. Many will be just fine because they enjoy the game and all it offers.

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
05.01.2019 , 05:01 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadpoole View Post
Hmmm....whats the point in playing/paying if its going to be eliminated for the expansion. Been a subscriber since launch and never thought of this but I'm going to weigh my options now to FTP or whatever cheaper route if their is one....worst case scenario find a better game.
Why would you stop or leave over it? You'd stop paying and leave because they made it so that you don't have to keep grinding for currency to get gear? They make it far easier so you quit? Are you paying to grind out that gear, or are you paying to have ACCESS to that gear? You pay to have access to the system that gives you that currency to acquire that gear.

Quote: Originally Posted by Akevv View Post
This comment pertains to what I said how? If they're throwing everything out that I may accomplish in the the next ~6 months, then why do i keep paying in the interim? Besides, your point is irrelevant as there's -plenty- of titles that respect player progress when introducing a new system. Its not zero sum. Differently enjoyable, trollol.
You won't lose anything after the change. You earned what you currently have. It would only be a loss if you lost what you earned. The progress isn't taken away because what you achieved isn't taken away. It's being made easier. If you were travelling a long way on foot and someone brought a vehicle to make it easier for you, would you decline it and say "You are not taking away the progress I've made!"? Or if you're building something using screws and a screwdriver, and someone gave you a drill to make it easier, would you say "You are not taking away the progress I've made!"?

Certainly not! Why? Because the progress isn't taken away. You're being given a way to reach your goal easier, and the old way is being eliminated. Spend what you do have if you have any left over by release in September.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Truush's Avatar


Truush
05.01.2019 , 06:08 PM | #88
How about an Item that when equipped changes you to a DPS spec... AND remembers your hotkey setup for that spec.

Then another Item that when equipped changes you to your HEAL spec... and updates to your hotkey layout for that.

Then the same for your third spec... if you use it... You get the idea. Quite often it would be beneficial to change my current spec, but it is a nightmare because my skills and hotkey layout etc all change as a result.
Mocking signature goes here.

Deadpoole's Avatar


Deadpoole
05.01.2019 , 06:14 PM | #89
[QUOTE=HKtheindomitable;9724842]Why would you stop or leave over it? You'd stop paying and leave because they made it so that you don't have to keep grinding for currency to get gear? They make it far easier so you quit? Are you paying to grind out that gear, or are you paying to have ACCESS to that gear? You pay to have access to the system that gives you that currency to acquire that gear.

Oh boy...."FTP...cheaper route...worst case scenario..." I had the chance to quit a long time ago. To be honest I enjoyed the original gaming concept of the PVP grind for our own gear (Expertise) cause thats what I enjoyed to do. When they made it universal (level synch) I thought to myself OK this would be something new because I really didn't put any effort in the past to PVE (probably spoiled by LotLK/first time playing an online game 07'). Then the Galactic Command/UC-gearing system came along and since I was already accustomed to do whatever it was needed to gear up quickly although it made it somewhat difficult for my alts. Now after several months its all gone to waste due to the new roll-out in the upcoming expansion.

All this was my reaction from learning the news of UC being obsolete for the expansion while doing my dailies on Ossus; its not a crime to be upset on something I like very much. In a couple of months I'll probably forget this and continue shuffling along with the SWTOR beat. Take a chill pill dude...

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
05.01.2019 , 07:22 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Truush View Post
How about an Item that when equipped changes you to a DPS spec... AND remembers your hotkey setup for that spec.

Then another Item that when equipped changes you to your HEAL spec... and updates to your hotkey layout for that.

Then the same for your third spec... if you use it... You get the idea. Quite often it would be beneficial to change my current spec, but it is a nightmare because my skills and hotkey layout etc all change as a result.
I won't knock what you suggested, as they did leave it wide open for any suggestion no matter how out there. However, you do know that the hotkey layout thing you suggested already exists in the game, right? You merely have to place your abilities to their appropriate locations.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild