Advance Class change

Title says it all. I'd pay to change my Guardian DPS to Sentinel. At launch, I thought maybe all DPS classes would have roughly the same damage output but I was sorely mistaken. Leveling another alt would resulting losing all the pets, speeders, titles, codex entries, armor sets etc. I've so painstakingly collected over the last year. Edited by CommanderKeeva
typo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came from agreeing with a different suggestion of yours, but have to completely disagree with this. Advanced Classes are essentially different classes. This a clearly permanent change and should not be given a work around, regardless if it's just once or costs a lot.

Well, then they should have said at launch: the class your picking will be getting nerfed all the time, while your mirror will be getting buffed at every turn. It's not the players' fault that Bioware is refusing to address glaring AC issues.

classes get buffed/nerfed/ignored in every mmo. does not mean they should allow you to change your class every time you deem your's is nerfed/ignored.

I would like to see this made available as well. Make it cost as much as a character slot, if you want to make it as... punitive? as re-rolling, but after someone's already invested the time in leveling a character, gaining affection with companions, etc., etc., the idea of doing it all again -- the exact same stuff -- is off-putting.

For me, story plays a huge part in this: I love the game precisely for its story, but repeating the same story is not something I'm interested in doing. The twists and turns have already been seen, the companions have already been chatted up, the Epic Battles™ have already played out. Yes -- there are different choices that could be made, but the quantity of significant differences is much less than the moments which will be identical and the choices that only cause minor dialogue changes.

If the AC stories were different, then yes -- this would be like proposing a straight-up class change; you would be side-stepping a completely separate experience. But that's not how it works right now.

If the AC stories were different, then yes -- this would be like proposing a straight-up class change; you would be side-stepping a completely separate experience. But that's not how it works right now.

It's still a class change, you just have the same story. Guardians and Sentinels are 2 totally different classes. They both play totally different, have different talents and abilities, they even use different armor/offhands. Sage/Shadow are 2 totally different classes. they both use the same armor, but they use different weapons and perform 100% differently in combat 1 being ranged dps/heals the other being melee dps/tank. Making a change like this IS changing your class regardless of story.

Edited by Cmdluke

I agree with this suggestion. With the limitation it has to be in the same class. (JUGG > MARA or SORC > ASSAS)

Moving between the four primary classes should be prohibited, but within the same story line I think its workable. Just don't expect BW to give you all new gear in the process. :p

I'd totally continue to level my 2nd SORC if I could make him an Assassin since Sorc DPS is crap and not worth me finishing him to level 50.

Upside: Those with non productive or not "FOTM" toons (IE: Nerfed to death) have options to use toons again.

Downside: Players not knowing how to use the character since they didn't level with the toon.

Edited by dscount

I agree with this suggestion. With the limitation it has to be in the same class. (JUGG > MARA or SORC > ASSAS)

Moving between the four primary classes should be prohibited, but within the same story line I think its workable. Just don't expect BW to give you all new gear in the process. :p

I'd totally continue to level my 2nd SORC if I could make him an Assassin since Sorc DPS is crap and not worth me finishing him to level 50.

Upside: Those with non productive or not "FOTM" toons (IE: Nerfed to death) have options to use toons again.

Downside: Players not knowing how to use the character since they didn't level with the toon.

I'm sorry, sorc DPS is crap? Surely you jest. My sage does rather good dps in ops and pvp.

Again, not knowing how to play a class does not make a good reason to allow class changes.

Edited by Cmdluke

I would only agree with this on one condition:

It is a 1 time only. Once you change, you can never go back, and the cost be around 3000 cartel coins.

Make it available, expensive, and final. No flipping back and forth.

But in reality, I do not like the idea at all. I knew when I picked my AC that is was forever, and if I wanted to play the other AC, I needed to make a new character. Which I did.

NO, NO CLASS CHANGES! If you played WoW, basically what you are asking for is the ability to respec from a mage into a warlock or a priest. NO! to this idea.

Class changes? No way. Once you pick your AC that's that.

It's still a class change, you just have the same story. Guardians and Sentinels are 2 totally different classes. They both play totally different, have different talents and abilities, they even use different armor/offhands. Sage/Shadow are 2 totally different classes. they both use the same armor, but they use different weapons and perform 100% differently in combat 1 being ranged dps/heals the other being melee dps/tank. Making a change like this IS changing your class regardless of story.

Cmon this is suggestions forum, but not holy-war. :D

Also... Totally? Really totally different? Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

I like this idea, now I would say make it expensive so people are not changing every 30 minutes. Gear would of course not change and the off hand weapon would probably be lost. I doubt this would cost much in development time, and think of what else it could fund.

Also... Totally? Really totally different? Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Yes I'm serious. sure they share a couple abilities, but they play totally different. one is melee focused (maybe melee short range hybrid), the other has no melee capabilities at all.

Yes I'm serious. sure they share a couple abilities, but they play totally different. one is melee focused (maybe melee short range hybrid), the other has no melee capabilities at all.

But they share whole skill tree!! Totally. Yeah. :rolleyes:

But they share whole skill tree!! Totally. Yeah. :rolleyes:

One skill tree, they role that each class has effects the way you play they game, effects the way you quest and how much time you put into it. As a sage I can go into stealth and sneak past enemies to my objective. People would abuse the ability to change ACs to much. Especially since there is a warning when you choose your AC that its permanent.

One skill tree, they role that each class has effects the way you play they game, effects the way you quest and how much time you put into it. As a sage I can go into stealth and sneak past enemies to my objective. People would abuse the ability to change ACs to much. Especially since there is a warning when you choose your AC that its permanent.

Allow to change class once a month. Every six month. Or year.... What's the problem, I really do not understand.

And how about juggs/maras or pyro mercs/powertech? They are totally different? Lol-smashers for example, no? :D

Especially since there is a warning when you choose your AC that its permanent.

Yeah! And SWTOR will never be f2p. :p

Edited by Glower

Allow to change class once a month. Every six month. Or year.... What's the problem, I really do not understand.

I'm sick of playing my warrior this month. I think I'll make him a rogue. Next month, I think i'll make him a warlock. It's only once a month.... What's the problem, I really do not understand.

I'm sick of playing my warrior this month. I think I'll make him a rogue. Next month, I think i'll make him a warlock. It's only once a month.... What's the problem, I really do not understand.

Huh? This is about Advance Class change not about Class change... :)