Fire the dullard who thinks 1000,s of HRS wasted in Rng is fun...

SHAVEDKILLER

People have jobs and family,time is precious.Stop trying to pass grind as content.Please sighn off if you think enough is enough.DEATH TO YOUR BS RNG.

Gear is no longer RNG based unless your speeking of BiS. Go run EV/KP HM they are easy to do and can get you the majority of the gear you need for 242's. The rest do GSF, or Ground PvP. A little grind even if you hate PvP and GSF won't kill you. MMO's are 100% about grinds, and BW just made this one a heck of a lot easier in 5.2 in both the RNG boxes at the end of each tier, and the fact Operation bosses now drop specific pieces.

I made it to Command Rank 12 when I realized the whole system was garbage. Luckily, the things I enjoy in game don't involve raiding or PvP, so I can just pretend like Galactic Command doesn't exist.

I don't mind GC at all. Some other things I dislike about the game, but best leave that for a different thread.

Also plenty of complaint threads already about GC ( most filled up by the same players mind you) You really could not of put this in one of them?

Edited by DreadtechSavant

If I wasn't doing something like Galactic Starfighter where you get around 1 crate per match (using a boost) or a sm operation a dozen or so crates then I would probably be annoyed. I've made sure to unlock every legacy perk for Galactic Command which is something people don't know about or check.

And about those operations. On Harbinger everything is master looter with /roll. I have the worst luck with rolls and often never get a single piece of gear in a run. Thank the maker that we generate CXP crates as that is pretty much how I've gotten 88% of my gear. And if those two methods don't work then there is the 3rd option of unassembled components for that elusive piece of gear.

Prior to all this raiders hit a glass ceiling with the gear they could get because they dropped only on certain bosses in specfic operations. For the first time since launch I have really good gear I would not have been able to obtain otherwise.

As it was said, you can get majority of the gear from HM KP and EV, just farm it with all your toons. Last week i went for a run, got 242 bracers and then i bought the chest piees of the 2 ppl that got them for 20 mil together. I used 750 components and got 248 bracers and 2 248 chests for 2 toons, all in one evening!

Went on other toon who also has 1000 components done an EV and also did a similar thing. Its really easy now, mainly if you have guild for this gear stuff.

The only issue there is thats kinda silly are the drops in NiM, where you get a either blue or purple piece, which is actually random! Only last boss gives you 248 tokens.

RNG is bad only if you're in low rank for that tier. At the end of tier 3 after 5.2 I couldn't stop getting 242s. So, wasted many augmentation kits just to augment those (bad mistake!).

Now at rank 300, while 248s are quite rare getting 246s isn't that difficult. I've only done dailies/heroics while waiting for veteran flashpoints to pop. Of course using Superior boost and 10% from character perks. Also only using CXP packs when LS is victorious.

Edited by Halinalle

As it was said, you can get majority of the gear from HM KP and EV, just farm it with all your toons. Last week i went for a run, got 242 bracers and then i bought the chest piees of the 2 ppl that got them for 20 mil together. I used 750 components and got 248 bracers and 2 248 chests for 2 toons, all in one evening!

Went on other toon who also has 1000 components done an EV and also did a similar thing. Its really easy now, mainly if you have guild for this gear stuff.

The only issue there is thats kinda silly are the drops in NiM, where you get a either blue or purple piece, which is actually random! Only last boss gives you 248 tokens.

750 components is a lot, that must of taken eons.

People have jobs and family,time is precious.Stop trying to pass grind as content.Please sighn off if you think enough is enough.DEATH TO YOUR BS RNG.

Consider that the bean counters with their green eye-shade hats are probably just as much to blame for content and repetitious grinds as the programmers. If money was no factor, EA could hire zillions of programmers, zillions of quality assurance folks, build massive servers that stretched across continents, and the game would really nice then.

But they don't have all that money.

SO. The programmers must work within the confines of the budget that they have, and if this is what they could come up with based on those three dollars, well, that's that. I'm not trying to be an apologist for EA, just pointing out beating up programmers who are doing their best given the reality of the programming environment and budget is not only a waste of time but misdirected.

Even though i hated GC earlier (ya know, with all that random gear in OP's and stuff), i must admit that in combination with returned OP's gear drops - GC is kinda became a good thing as alternative way to get gear.

Too bad that BW didn't do that EARLIER, when everyone was telling them to do so :mad:

Even though i hated GC earlier (ya know, with all that random gear in OP's and stuff), i must admit that in combination with returned OP's gear drops - GC is kinda became a good thing as alternative way to get gear.

Too bad that BW didn't do that EARLIER, when everyone was telling them to do so :mad:

For PvE, it's an ideal system...but PvP is still left in the RNG age with ridiculous costs and a HUGE gear gap.

Yea, GC is pretty much game design at it's lowest form. It's terrible. Might have been good as this secondary mechanic if they had left 4.0 alone and just added in GC but now even with the changes to 5.2, the damage is done.

5.0 was so damaging, I don't think bw is skilled enough to get themselves out of the damage they did and as long as this game has RNG still attached to gearing it will be an issue for gamers because they will remember and just ow bad it was.

I was with Bioware until 5.0 and it's gearing via command crate system. With 5.0 we grind just for a chance to gamble on basic gameplay gear instead of focusing on gameplay itself.

There is basically a 3.0/4.0 gearing system now in place with Command Tokens and Unassembled Components. All that needs to take place is drop Command Tokens and Unassembled Components with every daily and weekly activity. Then tokens can be used to purchase purple set gear and components to purchase gold set gear directly.

Imagine a returning player with 4.0 gear only to find out their 208 pvp gear will be no match against the merc army outfitted with full sets of 248 gold gear currently plaguing PVP. Returning player will then ask merc how to get 248 gear to which the merc will reply "I used a 65 player token with cartel store CXP boosts then PvP'd 24/7 during the 3 month double CXP event you missed".

Edited by jimmorrisson

LOL. Nah. Not all of us want everything handed to us on a silver platter.

Yeah because doing the same thing over and over and over and over again hoping for something shiny is sooooooooooo challenging. You're sitting on your butt clicking buttons tough guy. Stop pretending like you're accomplishing anything here. This is a video game.

Go learn a foreign language or get your 1/4 mile time under 50 seconds if you want to accomplish something.

To the OP: RNG has been used as a crutch in this game for way to long. It's totally ruined the experience. That's why free games about trolls and fairies is beating the pants off of a AAA STAR WARS MMO. Not too complicated.

For me, I loved the Dreadseed quest line. It was a big, long, tough quest line that had some pretty neat rewards. That had a really cool story, lots of content and it was actually CHALLENGING.

I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and have had 0 problem during the xp boost months lvl 8 Characters to command rank 80 with several of them up to 130 and one to 290 as of yesterday...

Sounds like you need to admit you have no time for games, a hobby, or anything else.

No thanks on dumbing down the game anymore or making it any easier than it is to level, because it is really easy right now.

When people get to command rank 300 it really gets bad.

Any time you open a box that has junk in it (which is the vast majority of boxes) or duplicates it was that time completely wasted. If it was working towards something that might be slightly better, but its not its work back to 300 then get a box trash it all and work again back to 300.

Even if you have time to do it that doesn't stop it being a pointless grind, where even if you got the gear I'm some what of a loss as to what the point of it is because in 4 months a new tier will be released, and 300+ will offer tier 5 gear which you wont need to regrind herocis and the like.

Any time you open a box that has junk in it (which is the vast majority of boxes) or duplicates it was that time completely wasted. If it was working towards something that might be slightly better, but its not its work back to 300 then get a box trash it all and work again back to 300.

Even though I play multiple hours a day (6 hours maybe) I'm not playing all the time. After I recorded the video I posted earlier I've managed to get 248 headpiece and 246 SA relic. That's just today.

All I do is do at rank 300 is dailies/heroic while queue for flashpoints. Superior boost active most of the time. That's 2000+ for set of heroics/dailies and 5700+ for veteran mode flashpoint. Those numbers don't include the CXP from killed enemies.

Edited by Halinalle