I am getting DPS relics when I am in TANK SPEC

Spyderwraith

So I have a Guardian TANK SPEC whom is already 300 command rank and I have now begun receiving DPS relics when I am in tank spec from my Tier 4 command crates. Is this intended? I've received at least 6 dps relics so far.

I AM A TANK

:mad::mad:

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I had this happen on a few characters

My dps sorc kept getting heal drops like 95% of the time

I've asked some guildmates. My one friend who is on a Sentinel kept getting Tanking relics. And my other friend a GUNSLINGER also kept getting tanking relics.

I'm lucky so far no set bonus gear has been dps just relics :mad:

So I have a Guardian TANK SPEC whom is already 300 command rank and I have now begun receiving DPS relics when I am in tank spec from my Tier 4 command crates. Is this intended? I've received at least 6 dps relics so far.

I AM A TANK

Enjoy your Thrill of the Hunt ™

I AM A TANK

I hope it's intended, tanks use DPS relics for PvP and even some PvE content.

I'm using one of the DPS relics I got from the crates on my tank's PvP setup.

I AM A TANK

When levelling a Shadow tank (well, actually, she's not finished levelling as she is "only" level 68), I was getting DPS everything from mission rewards and flashpoint boss loot.

I hope it's intended, tanks use DPS relics for PvP and even some PvE content.

I'm using one of the DPS relics I got from the crates on my tank's PvP setup.

With the RNG madness that is still happening (it says improved but thats irrelevant it's still pretty trash) with these crates if I wanted DPS gear I'd spec dps. I appreciate that there exist Skank Tanks but when in tank spec i want tank gear

When levelling a Shadow tank (well, actually, she's not finished levelling as she is "only" level 68), I was getting DPS everything from mission rewards and flashpoint boss loot.

Yeah, I'm not sure this matters (or even applies) while leveling in sub-cap content. They have some basic coding that determines for example what boxes you can choose for an H2 completion reward and that seems to work, but not in any sort of gearing optimized way. It is, after all, throw away gear you will only use for 4-5 levels.

This stuff needs to be accurately bug reported, if you want something done about it.

I always suggest bug reporting both in game and on the bug report forum.

I have already put in a bug report for this. But also added it here. And added it to a bug report forum post

Edited by Spyderwraith

UPDATE: I logged a ticket for this and they have responded to me

WORKING AS DESIGNED :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They probably set it like that if a lot of tanks run dps relics. They give endurance as opposed to tank relics that give power, endurance being more important for tanks to stack. It's been said in guides that we get an overabundance of defense rating, which makes that stat on relics almost unnecessary which then makes the slot feel like a waste.

They probably set it like that if a lot of tanks run dps relics. They give endurance as opposed to tank relics that give power, endurance being more important for tanks to stack. It's been said in guides that we get an overabundance of defense rating, which makes that stat on relics almost unnecessary which then makes the slot feel like a waste.

This.

And also the proc they provide(if not a clicky relic) is not that useful for tanks.

With that in mind, revisit the stats pools and allocations could be a sensible thing from BWA. It really baffles me that Tanks rather use DPS relics and DPS B mods(and not even the highest rating ones, cuz you know THEY DO NOT EXIST) because of the uselessness of the designated Tank gears.

Anyway the gearing system needs work. Stat vise and drop vise as well. If I would be a new player I would be quite lost...

Edited by VegasTheLost

Of course this is working as intended, I was so relieved when I discovered they had FINALLY realised tanks use dps relics and I can now get the top level versions of them rather than topping out at 240 for crafted.

THIS IS GREAT

This.

And also the proc they provide(if not a clicky relic) is not that useful for tanks.

With that in mind, revisit the stats pools and allocations could be a sensible thing from BWA. It really baffles me that Tanks rather use DPS relics and DPS B mods(and not even the highest rating ones, cuz you know THEY DO NOT EXIST) because of the uselessness of the designated Tank gears.

Anyway the gearing system needs work. Stat vise and drop vise as well. If I would be a new player I would be quite lost...

Especially the one that gives an absorb shield, since absorb shields don't ever stack but rather override each other.

What needs done is the endurance needs put on the tank relics and power on dps...or at least shuffle so tank relics give more endurance. DPS do need some endurance after all...at least melee ones do. The tank procs might need some work as well.

As for mods...i have no suggestions there. I'm ok with that being personal preference, since there are no shield or absorb stats on them. Warding A mods are a little disappointing though

To be fair, some guides recommend dps relics as most of the tank relics are garbage with minimal mitigation.

Case in point: http://dulfy.net/2017/01/22/swtor-5-0-darkness-assassin-pve-guide-by-mostly-harmless/ (my favorite class/spec gude)

Axiom 2: tank relics’ best property is an augment slot

All tank-specific relics’ procs are abysmal. They are so poor, even if you forget to use your clickable ones and your rng never procs you won’t notice the difference. They have virtually 0 impact on spike survivability, and it’s not like performance in sustain is amazing — DTPS difference provided never exceeds double digits. While it is still important to minmax them for best benefit for situation/playstyle, it is vital to understand that relics are single least important gear piece on your character.

Relics

As mentioned above, tank ones are trash. If you want priority, here it is (just exclude dps ones if you are going for strictly mitigation build):

Focused Retribution > Serendipitous Assault > Shrouded Crusader > Reactive Warding (read note to not shoot yourself in the foot) > Devastating Vengeance > Boundless Ages > Shield Amplification >= Fortunate Redoubt

The takeaway from this is that tank relics do not mitigate spikes, unless RNGesus comes down from heaven to align your relic proc.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

What was the discipline you were in when you opened the crate? And what exactly was the name of the relic you got?

I was Defence discipline. The Guardian Tank. And I got the Serendipitous Assault 246 relic. And several other ones. The Focused Retribution one, as well as the Clicky power relic. I've gotten about 12 or so dps relics so far.

Edited by Spyderwraith

To be fair, some guides recommend dps relics as most of the tank relics are garbage with minimal mitigation.

Case in point: http://dulfy.net/2017/01/22/swtor-5-0-darkness-assassin-pve-guide-by-mostly-harmless/ (my favorite class/spec gude)

The takeaway from this is that tank relics do not mitigate spikes, unless and RNGesus comes down from heaven to align your relic proc.

Damn it. Now i need RNGesus to give me a Shrouded Crusader 248 >.<

I was Defence discipline. The Guardian Tank. And I got the Serendipitous Assault 246 relic. And several other ones. The Focused Retribution one, as well as the Clicky power relic. I've gotten about 12 or so dps relics so far.

Obviously the SA and FR are good, effective relics. Equally obviously, the game shouldn't be forcing them on tanks. The more people file a bug report, the better I think. Possibly PM Eric and Keith as well.