Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~[Video]~ How to Merc 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
~[Video]~ How to Merc 2.0

Nightkin
05.20.2013 , 01:04 PM | #1
Hello everyone!

With the growing numbers of Commandos and Mercs in the lower tiers i thought i would showcase a little of the Mercs versatility and what we can do in tight situations. I confess im not perfect, i make mistakes- you are free to point them out to me and i will do my best to remedy my mistakes for the future.

But anyway, here it is!
A guide of sorts for new mandalorians in swtor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUs7WVtaBY&fmt=18

And in the interest of making the mando community ever slightly better i would also like to link Zacharias pvp channel, my mentor if you will in the ways of the class. His channel can be found here : http://www.youtube.com/user/ZachariahPvP
Whaaaaambulance at your service

cycao
05.20.2013 , 01:21 PM | #2
I liked it.

cashogy_reborn
05.20.2013 , 01:36 PM | #3
was pretty good. unbind your s key tho
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

dcgregorya
05.20.2013 , 02:01 PM | #4
First off, glad to see someone else loves the C&C Red Alert sound track. Lots of things you did well in this vid, including good use of cleanse and root on rocket punch. Ignore the 'unbind the S key' people. I did this on a toon and honestly, it's more annoying than anything.

Capt_Beers
05.20.2013 , 03:20 PM | #5
Nerf Mercs. Commandos are fine
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Zunayson
05.20.2013 , 03:28 PM | #6
I actually enjoyed that video enough to watch it all.

Holy big numbers.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Nightkin
05.20.2013 , 04:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
was pretty good. unbind your s key tho
Nah, we go waaay back me and my S key :P

Jherad
05.20.2013 , 05:05 PM | #8
Thanks for the shoutout

Loved the vid, should be required watching for any new merc/mando trying to get a feel for a role in huttball. I *love* playing that fullback offensive blocker type role. Not much glory, few scores, but with the added mobility of hydraulic overrides, we can now really make a difference and serve in that position very well.

I saw you use chaff at least once. I've personally knocked this ability and was on the verge of dropping the skill points but it has finally begun to 'click' for me (in much the same way as stealth scan does when you learn timing and positioning). I still think it could use improvement, but you can soak up the odd big attack when you most need it.

On the 'S' key debate, try it or don't, It's an extra key to bind an ability on though I currently have it set to sweeping blasters for easy access to quick aoe for door caps, but I'm probably going to swap it for kolto missile which is on a somewhat clunky ctrl-mousebutton4. I really need more buttons

Your off-healing puts mine to shame, good job
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy_reborn
05.20.2013 , 10:34 PM | #9
i tried spec'ing into chaff flare for a while, and just didnt feel it. its either really buggy, or is eating DoT damage which is the suck. i would hit the skill, then get hit with a force/tech attack. it felt like it almost had a few seconds delay between activation and actually absorbing something.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Nightkin
05.21.2013 , 12:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
i tried spec'ing into chaff flare for a while, and just didnt feel it. its either really buggy, or is eating DoT damage which is the suck. i would hit the skill, then get hit with a force/tech attack. it felt like it almost had a few seconds delay between activation and actually absorbing something.
Yeah it can be difficult to time it right, but i cannot count the amount of force screams or thunderingblasts ive simply absorbed, wich in the end have made me the winner of the fight. Or when a SIN opens up on you, you know he has recklessnes and a discharge/shock combo lined up right after maul. This way you cut his opener in half, giving you a chance to recover.

I wish it was better, i wish it could work more like force shroud but i make do with what we got and it does make a difference.