Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~~Tiny Bubbles....make me whine.~~

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
~~Tiny Bubbles....make me whine.~~

FeralPug
11.30.2012 , 11:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
One vote for keep them as it is but self-only. And for those who somehow missed it so far, the following video is a must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBV7H92uRG8
Wow. I was considering making a vid, but this demonstrates the problem much better than my feeble attempts.

The fact that we've lived with this for so long already is pretty bad.

Necessary hot fix is necessary.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

FeralPug
11.30.2012 , 11:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejune View Post
There are ways around the bubble stun...the good players know this....I know this because I've been killed by mara/sentinels who won't get hit by one single bubble pop. So if they can do it....so can you.... Go duel some bubble sorcerers until you figure it out yourself
Oh, I can avoid it. Scoot away, Force scream, bubble bursts, eat soft and tasty sorc inside. Flame burst at 10m until bubble is gone, and the nut is cracked.

This is not the issue.

This is not a 1v1 imbalance.

It becomes an issue when a whole team is bubbled, and a node is contested.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Aetideus
11.30.2012 , 11:49 AM | #13
One vote for keep them as it is but self-only. And for those who somehow missed it so far, the following video is a must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBV7H92uRG8
Only self casting may be is too much. Last nerfing Sorc-Sage DPS --> overpowered Marauder

Joesixxpack
11.30.2012 , 11:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Ideas...

1. More resolve

2. Back to mezz

3. Only pops on caster

Honestly, I'm so sick of em sometimes that I'd rather see number 3. Any of them would help though.

# 3 only is my vote. Caster keeps stun, everyone receiving gets just plain bubble armor.

Siorac
11.30.2012 , 11:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
Only self casting may be is too much. Last nerfing Sorc-Sage DPS --> overpowered Marauder
This suggestion doesn't nerf Sorc's DPS, it doesn't nerf their survivability, it merely tones down their ability to troll entire warzones. Bubblestun on themselves is a great survivability tool which they do need. Bubblestun on everyone, ready to burst on demand, is trolling.

Aetideus
11.30.2012 , 12:05 PM | #16
This suggestion doesn't nerf Sorc's DPS, it doesn't nerf their survivability, it merely tones down their ability to troll entire warzones. Bubblestun on themselves is a great survivability tool which they do need. Bubblestun on everyone, ready to burst on demand, is trolling.
I would I aggree to moderation on spammed. Longer cooldown - more resolve.

Siorac
11.30.2012 , 12:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
I would I aggree to moderation on spammed. Longer cooldown - more resolve.
See, that would affect the caster's own survivability (longer cooldown - can't cast the bubble on themselves as often as they need). That would actually be a nerf, not a fix.

islander
11.30.2012 , 12:12 PM | #18
You guys do realize that when that's nerfed, sorcs will be back to being as worthless as mercs/commandos...right? (edited: spectators in ranked warzones.)
Now, if we're trading this off for DPS and defense worth half a crap then sure, I'll gladly trade off.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Mazikeen
11.30.2012 , 12:20 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
But the bubble-pop stun fest is the most assinine excuse for a PVP mechanic I've ever seen in an MMO.

There are lots of issues with PVP right now: gear gap too big, OP smashies, mercs dps useless, operative dps useless, and finally getting full resolve, dying, and watching your resolve count down as you wait for the door timer. I mean, these are the things that we all kvetch about on TeamSpeak, right?
I agree with this. I can't tell you how many times I'm on my Commando or Sniper, start pinging away at a Sorc/Sage and get ganked by a stealther before I even pop the bubble. I understand the resolve mechanic and can't say it's horrible, but on my Op I have noticed it's less... awesome than before I left (I'm a returning player).

I don't think Sorcs and Sages should be paper, and I don't think Ops should be overpowered, but some changes do deserve to be made.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

TheLordMaster
11.30.2012 , 12:21 PM | #20
Your so wrong. Our survivability is increased right now because of the fact that our teamates can help stun. Even with a caster only bubble stun will will be shredded again quickly.
Warlord Pve - Corellian Run - Formerly Sweety of Mind Trick
< Infinite Darkness >
My SWTOR Stream