Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~~Tiny Bubbles....make me whine.~~

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
~~Tiny Bubbles....make me whine.~~

FeralPug
12.02.2012 , 12:08 PM | #91
No no. Ya'll are putting words into my mouth.

This isn't a thread calling for a Marauder nerf.

This is a thread calling for a bubble pop fix. It's very simple: bubble pop isn't OP; it's broken outright. Someone effed up on multiple levels, and the resulting exploit should be fixed soon.

Also, discounting someone's opinion of PVP balance because they run a certain class is ridiculous. I've been playing since beta, and have run many classes and many specs. I don't consider myself "a marauder". I consider myself a PVP'er. Game balance is super important to a PVP'er, because a PVP'er wants it to be a game of skill over a game of spec or gear.

Just an off topic aside:

The problem with Rage is not that it's inherently OP. Take a look at the lowbie brackets and you'll see that Rage is not a top tier DPS spec. The problem with Rage is due to how easy it is to itemize. You get 1300+ power, and you're smashing for 8k+. No other spec in the game has an easier time itemizing. Get rid of anything that isn't power/surge and use power augments instead of mainstat augs. Then go get your million+ games and 1000+ dps games.

Itemization should be equally easy/difficult across specs. Gear should essentially not matter, IMO. If a deception assassin didn't have to juggle stacking crit, accuracy and power, and could instead rely on spec skills to do this (like rage), you'd see a closer gap between them and a spec like rage. Couple this change with the ability to spec into AOE damage reduction for most classes, and it's very easy to put Rage back in it's place.

The gearing in SWTOR is FUBAR, and some specs gear out way easier than others. Thus the perceived "OP" of some specs.

(Not saying that there aren't gimped specs. They certainly are. Advanced Prototype is a perfect example of a spec that is doomed to failure.)

And for those of you who still maintain that maras are OP, I urge you to actually roll one and play it. Run with carnage for awhile and come tell me that it's a faceroll class.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Monterone
12.02.2012 , 02:03 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
The only thing they need to fix with the bubble stun is:
1. Prevent people from manually de-clicking the buff off, causing a stun.
2. Prevent the stun from bursting into a blind/stun when the effect wears off due to time, not damage.

The ONLY way the bubble stun should stun someone, is when it is damaged through. The other 2 ways it goes off (mentioned above) need to be changed.

Yes, notice I have a level 50 sage
Actually, I like that idea, that would fix a lot. No reason it should stun when no one is supposed to be around, it makes sense it stuns only when damaged through.
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

Sappharan
12.02.2012 , 02:14 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Look at the flip side. If your top tier talents are not very good, it means that the lower tier ones are really good and you have numerous hybridization options.

A Merc on the other hand literally can not function without at least 31 points in a tree, there is no viable hybridization to speak of.
Maybe not quite to the same degree, but Sentinels/Marauders have the same issue.

LuciferinDNA
12.02.2012 , 02:25 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
Oh, I ain't complaining about it....when it's on me!

Maybe you didn't understand the point of my post:

bubbles make an already OP spec like rage, even more ridiculous while making an already gimpy spec like operatives even more gimped.

I'm on your side, brah.
This! ++
(Told by a Sage)

fungihoujo
12.03.2012 , 07:20 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post

The gearing in SWTOR is FUBAR, and some specs gear out way easier than others. Thus the perceived "OP" of some specs.

(Not saying that there aren't gimped specs. They certainly are. Advanced Prototype is a perfect example of a spec that is doomed to failure.)

And for those of you who still maintain that maras are OP, I urge you to actually roll one and play it. Run with carnage for awhile and come tell me that it's a faceroll class.
Why carnage? A mara doesn't just have that one tree- some classes on the other hand only have one decent pvp tree- look at RWZ compositions, nobody ever says they're looking for dps ops, mercs or sorcs for a reason.

I can faceroll mara as rage- I can, though needing to try much harder, also dominate as annihilation- and as carnage I am not running into this difficulty you seem to be implying carnage has.

As for gearing- rage is OP because of gearing. Having a spec that can completely go into buffing damage with gear because it needs no other stats is OP to the point of being broken. Having damage that scales better with gear means that at a certain gear level- those classes will be straight up stronger- and that is very broken.

Digimanbyte_ID
12.03.2012 , 07:40 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
This suggestion doesn't nerf Sorc's DPS, it doesn't nerf their survivability, it merely tones down their ability to troll entire warzones. Bubblestun on themselves is a great survivability tool which they do need. Bubblestun on everyone, ready to burst on demand, is trolling.
Yes, it does it takes the DPS sorceror out of the group again. The whole point of the buff was to give DPS some purpose. But if you really want to go with a nerf you better damn well expect to give a suggestion for the trade off. Hell its not like they are hard to break out of the 4m range and the debuff prevents rebuffing the same person. If you have no range popping them or not using range then your an idiot.

But since everyone seems to be dead set on nerfing it to self only I impose a 10 metre range of the bubble stuns effect. With an increase in duration to 4 seconds. Otherwise **** the soap box and used ranged attacks like everyone with a brain does. 4m whining, my god mercs/commandos have more problems then this crap.

FeralPug
12.03.2012 , 09:10 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Why carnage? A mara doesn't just have that one tree- some classes on the other hand only have one decent pvp tree- look at RWZ compositions, nobody ever says they're looking for dps ops, mercs or sorcs for a reason.

I can faceroll mara as rage- I can, though needing to try much harder, also dominate as annihilation- and as carnage I am not running into this difficulty you seem to be implying carnage has.

As for gearing- rage is OP because of gearing. Having a spec that can completely go into buffing damage with gear because it needs no other stats is OP to the point of being broken. Having damage that scales better with gear means that at a certain gear level- those classes will be straight up stronger- and that is very broken.
Not saying carnage is difficult, but it has a higher skill cap than rage.

My point is that most of those who perceive a class as OP have not run it.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Pvtcarnage
12.03.2012 , 10:01 AM | #98
Yeah the Bubbles need adjustment, If you run against a good team using this makes for a much tougher times if u don't have one to equalize it
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

islander
12.03.2012 , 03:54 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
The only thing they need to fix with the bubble stun is:
1. Prevent people from manually de-clicking the buff off, causing a stun.
2. Prevent the stun from bursting into a blind/stun when the effect wears off due to time, not damage.

The ONLY way the bubble stun should stun someone, is when it is damaged through. The other 2 ways it goes off (mentioned above) need to be changed.

Yes, notice I have a level 50 sage
I can definitely get behind this.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five