Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"This one time on Hoth......"

XiamaraSimi
07.13.2015 , 01:52 PM | #11
Ewww tinypic... closed it since 800 ads popped up, someone care to give me a rundown?

Psssssst OP if you want to share and not have people skip checking out your stuff due to ad spam sites, try using http://postimage.org they give you a direct url to the image itself without forcing people to try to see a pic surrounded by adds and clickbait links...

tankerzct
07.13.2015 , 04:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
Ewww tinypic... closed it since 800 ads popped up, someone care to give me a rundown?

Psssssst OP if you want to share and not have people skip checking out your stuff due to ad spam sites, try using http://postimage.org they give you a direct url to the image itself without forcing people to try to see a pic surrounded by adds and clickbait links...
800 ads? Sounds like you need better plugin for blocking ads.

StarkillerVB
07.13.2015 , 05:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by admpellaeon View Post
If you are going to make fun of a kid in game and proudly post it on forums, at least be able to count to 20 correctly.
Well, first I'd like to point out we barely made fun of him, we simply questioned his intelligence on what he was claiming to be, and also called him out for being a real jerk to someone over a silly comment about an NPC's accent. Secondly, there were originally 16 images, but it got pointed out to me two of them were duplicates, so I removed one and didn't properly edit the numbers like I intended. Doesn't really excuse it, but this was done at 6am when I was really tired, so I did expect some errors to be made.

Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post

Thanks for that suggestion! I did edit the first post and converted the host source from tinypic to postimage. As for a rundown: Basically, Corvaick called a player gay for saying they liked a NPC's accent, then a few of us jumped in calling him/her stupid for throwing that insult out there, then it pretty much boiled down to Corvaick trying to play victim and pretending he never insulted anyone and that we were being 'oppressive' to him/her because they were 'genderfluid' (which every time we asked what it was, they just said we were uneducated). So, pretty much obvious troll being obvious.

branmakmuffin
07.15.2015 , 08:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by StarkillerVB View Post
ANYWAYS: With all the current comments, glad to see y'all are finding it just as entertaining as we did.
We have a word for such beliefs: delusions.

JattaGin
07.16.2015 , 12:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by StarkillerVB View Post
ANYWAYS: With all the current comments, glad to see y'all are finding it just as entertaining as we did.!
I don't think it was entertaining at all. And frankly, the guy you are flaming here is not the worst person partaking in this chat discussion. Some of you, including the OP, did nothing to calm down the situation. You used swear words, demeaning language and fanned the flames on purpose. Absolutely not the way how to deal with people like this guy (or gal, depending on the fluid of the gender that day). I think you all showed that the best thing to do is hide general chat at all times. 90% of the people posting there don't post for positive reasons. Shame on you all.

P. S. The accents / voices of some voice actors, male and female, are pretty hot indeed. I tried out this game in english, french and german and the german VA for the female trooper turns me sooo on. Mmmhhhh...

Pirana
07.16.2015 , 08:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I don't think it was entertaining at all. And frankly, the guy you are flaming here is not the worst person partaking in this chat discussion. Some of you, including the OP, did nothing to calm down the situation. You used swear words, demeaning language and fanned the flames on purpose. Absolutely not the way how to deal with people like this guy (or gal, depending on the fluid of the gender that day). I think you all showed that the best thing to do is hide general chat at all times. 90% of the people posting there don't post for positive reasons. Shame on you all.
Well put.

In addition, you're going to find aholes in every game, it's how you handle the situation at hand that speaks volumes about your character. Not the in-game one. If you're finding this offensive, stay away from tanking and healing.

Ignore is a valuable asset.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

ndursinger
07.16.2015 , 04:03 PM | #17
Hmmmm..............some typical fleet crap imho

sadly there's no lifeguard for the internet section of the gene pool.

but what I really want to know is..............

WTH was in Giovadens mailbox?

tankerzct
07.16.2015 , 05:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post

P. S. The accents / voices of some voice actors, male and female, are pretty hot indeed. I tried out this game in english, french and german and the german VA for the female trooper turns me sooo on. Mmmhhhh...
You're right. However, We have not use the foul language until that genderfluid human started it. I already told that OP he's missing a lot of pieces in story so it does look a little like we are trolling him on purpose. It's an another way around.

We tried to reason with him, we provided facts for him, we were calm to him until he started to threaten us which is up to whole another level. I admit, we sank down to his level a little bit but then that genderfluid human clearly don't see the point and HIS OWN actions as you can see in first screenshot and couple others. There is just no way we can convince him to see his actions as if he's literally pulling a victim card and his "father as ex-marine" which is very disrespectful and offensive according to other fellow gamers as veterans/marines. I am also in a guild full of veterans and they found it quite disrespectful and I didn't say anything. The more we try to say in order to get him to see the reasons, the more threatening he put out.

Then again, we all are guilty as charged. The only one who is more guilty in this thread is the guy Corvaick playing victim. He began that argument and brought it to whole new level which we NEVER INTENDED to. Somewhere in between pictures, we asked him to apologize to that fellow gamer he insulted earlier. He refused and asked us to apologize instead and calling us oppressive. That's a whole new made-up story from him. Allow me to explain a bit.

After that heated argument, he began to bring up genderfluid topic and wanted to "raise awareness" when it was shot down by myself (Again guilty with legitimate reasons and suggestions) when I told him that what he's doing is utterly pointless and waste of effort. I told him that those topics are better spent on elsewhere than gaming worlds. Gaming worlds full of gamers would not care much about those topics because we want to enjoy this game without bull*****, correct? If assumed correctly, I suggested him to try at twitter, facebook, instagram, CNN, anywhere that have social network. This gaming world just don't fly with that kind of topics. After that being said, he pulled out, "racist" and "sexist" as well as victim cards. Called all of us the oppressive sexist for shutting down that "awareness" and I explained that we, the gamers, just simply don't care about it. He proceeded to act like victim and say, "You guys wanted the genderfluid people to die." which is 100% off the point. Entirely and whole different fold. With that mentioned, we decided that we had enough and proceeded to troll him until he ragequit which he did. Successfully.

If you don't agree with us, that's fine. We do not care. If you agree with us, woot, we do not care either. We wanted to enjoy this game and have a fun conversation which we did after he ragequit. We talked about star wars related for hours.

P.S. Come to dark side. We have jawa cookies

branmakmuffin
07.17.2015 , 10:07 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tankerzct View Post
You're right. However, We have not use the foul language until that genderfluid human started it.
Ah, the ol' "You started it!' defense. The staple of ever argument between 5-year old children.

Vyerix
07.17.2015 , 03:37 PM | #20
Surprisingly I found that rather amusing.