"Seeker"?!?

geekigurl

This is going to come off as smart ***ed, but I can't help that. I have a lot of Vette in me, being an incredible smart a** seems to be genetic, because everyone in my family is that way. I have a legitimate question though. What the Hell is a "seeker"? What are they looking for? I first encountered the term through Neoseeker, the gaming website. And I wondered what a "new seeker" was (neo means new, yes? ). So I've obviously lost the plot, as I don't understand this. So if someone could sit me down, make me shut up, and tell me what a "seeker" is I would love that person, and build a colussus in their honor (no slave labor!). I looked it up in the dictionary, but none of the definitions made sense to me. So I think I'm taking this way too literally, which is another one of my quirks. Anyway, hello to all who read this. Happy belated Turkey Day.

A seeker is someone who seeks, or looks, in the sense of searching. Quester. Tracker. Researcher. Investigator. You seek shelter when it rains. You seek answers when something confusing happens. If your kitten was missing, you would seek for it.

In the sense of tracking/following, seeker missiles home in on a target.

In the sense of investigating/researching, a seeker of (x) would dedicate time and effort to acquiring or understanding (x) where (x) could be love, truth, early Chaldean manuscripts, etc. Cassandra in Dragon Age: Inquisition is a Seeker, and you see her pursuing the truth of a situation by interrogating Varric.

Neoseeker the website was created to help gamers seek out solutions to their game problems and share information about gaming. Since people were used to finding gaming information by subscribing to magazines, the site used the name 'New Seeker' to set themselves apart from the old ways of seeking information.

Thanks so much for the answers, and knowing I wasn't being a smart a** just for the sake of it. I really appreciate the answers. I'm very new to MMOs, and gaming in general, so a lot of this stuff is a bit confusing. I was viciously attacked and bitten by a geek bug about a year and a half ago, so a lot of this stuff is very new to me.

Damn. Now I have to go build colossuses haha.