Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Girl Gamers" And Drama

Dysehunter
10.07.2013 , 09:28 AM | #1
Just a question to other players really.

Over the years I've played quite a few MMO's and various Online/Multiplayer games, Now a lot of my friends are women and 1 thing I have personally noticed over the years, "Girl Gamers" bring a lot of drama to the table where there is none or doesn't need to be.

For example if your in a flash point and your in the zone, One of your friends asks you a question and you get to the Ventrillo/Teamspeak button a bit too late and they throw a hissy fit, Their mic is a bit loud and you ask them to turn it down and they say "Fine I just wont speak".....I could list so many more but that's the general idea.

This type of behaviour I've noticed from 90% of girl gamers I've met over the years and it confuses the hell out of me.

And my question to other players, Men and Women alike is, Why is this ?
=Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHZ=Asus Maximus VI Formula Z87=
=Avexir Blitz 1.1 Original 16GB 2500MHZ=Asus Xonar Phoebus=
=Asus GTX 780 Ti 3GB 1300/3900=Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB=
=Corsair Carbide 540 Airflow=Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit Edition=

VitalityPrime
10.07.2013 , 09:33 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dysehunter View Post
Just a question to other players really.

Over the years I've played quite a few MMO's and various Online/Multiplayer games, Now a lot of my friends are women and 1 thing I have personally noticed over the years, "Girl Gamers" bring a lot of drama to the table where there is none or doesn't need to be.

For example if your in a flash point and your in the zone, One of your friends asks you a question and you get to the Ventrillo/Teamspeak button a bit too late and they throw a hissy fit, Their mic is a bit loud and you ask them to turn it down and they say "Fine I just wont speak".....I could list so many more but that's the general idea.

This type of behaviour I've noticed from 90% of girl gamers I've met over the years and it confuses the hell out of me.

And my question to other players, Men and Women alike is, Why is this?
You mean like what this thread is attempting to do?
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

Dysehunter
10.07.2013 , 09:35 AM | #3
Now don't be a clever dick, It is just a question to my fellow men and women.

Bstr
10.07.2013 , 09:44 AM | #4
I've gotten this same response and similar ones from guys that are angry too. Although it sounds worse when a woman does it: the female's voice of throwing a tantrum is worse than the male's version.

TL;DR: No difference between men and women gamers: both have certain individuals that cause drama.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Bosha: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: BG Merc. Bophia: Fury Maur. Borbend: Med. Op. Bo'ya: Dark. Sin
<Reformation> Ebon Hawk Server

Dysehunter
10.07.2013 , 09:55 AM | #5
You make a good point but I have been in vent or teamspeak and suddenly a tantrum is thrown by one of our many female guild members *not in this game* and the guys in the channel all go "What the hell was that ?!?!?!?" and are genuinely confused.
I'm not saying all of this to incite aggro or hate but it just really puzzles me as to why the "girl gamer" brings drama to any situation.

Dodia
10.07.2013 , 09:58 AM | #6
The problem isn't with the "90%" of girl gamers, it's often that some guys cannot seem to control themselves when a girl is present. At best, they may develop a simple crush on her but otherwise leave her alone. At worst, they will think she "owes" them something (starts with s and is 3 letters) and that she only plays games to get the affections and attentions of the "superior" and "better at the game" male.

Most women who play this game don't even make their gender known. I know, it's hard to imagine, right?

But yeah, let's take your anecdotal evidence as proof that 90% of girl gamers are like that. I mean, it's not like you're biased or anything.

Okay, you are. Your attitude is deeply rooted in sexist beliefs.

Dysehunter
10.07.2013 , 10:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dodia View Post
The problem isn't with the "90%" of girl gamers, it's often that some guys cannot seem to control themselves when a girl is present. At best, they may develop a simple crush on her but otherwise leave her alone. At worst, they will think she "owes" them something (starts with s and is 3 letters) and that she only plays games to get the affections and attentions of the "superior" and "better at the game" male.

Most women who play this game don't even make their gender known. I know, it's hard to imagine, right?

But yeah, let's take your anecdotal evidence as proof that 90% of girl gamers are like that. I mean, it's not like you're biased or anything.

Did you even read my post ? I said 90% of girl gamers I HAVE MET, Not 90% of all girl gamers.

Dysehunter
10.07.2013 , 10:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dodia View Post
No it really isnt please remove the stick from your behind, My attitude is not rooted in sexist beliefs so take that complete and utter BS and shove it were the sun dont shine, As i said this is an observation of mine throughout years of gaming with a lot of girlyfriends, Outside of game they are great but as soon as they get behind that keyboard they change, im not saying men don't but i've noticed it a lot more in "girl gamers".

Dodia
10.07.2013 , 10:05 AM | #9
Did you even read my post ? I said 90% of girl gamers I HAVE MET, Not 90% of all girl gamers.
Doesn't matter. You're still extremely biased. If you weren't, you wouldn't be making it an issue of "girl gamers", you'd make it an issue of individual personalities.

Dysehunter
10.07.2013 , 10:08 AM | #10
You obviously don't know what a "girl gamer" is, I'm not simply referring to a woman who plays games here, Please look the term up.