Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

<Blank> to full!


AGSThomas's Avatar


AGSThomas
08.27.2013 , 09:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Oh nothing, the community is acting like children and blowing things out of proportion again...you know, the usual.
Did a developer get quoted out of context or something? Link?
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

Benfynyn's Avatar


Benfynyn
08.27.2013 , 09:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Oh nothing, the community is acting like children and blowing things out of proportion again...you know, the usual.
So what you're saying is...

"The Community needs to learn how to Control Their Emotions to full. Clearly they have a Maturity problem."
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

ninjonxb's Avatar


ninjonxb
08.27.2013 , 09:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
Did a developer get quoted out of context or something? Link?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...13#post6689213

People were just unhappy that the devs basically told them to learn their class

DOHboy's Avatar


DOHboy
08.27.2013 , 09:43 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
I've been away for a few days... *** is this Heal to full thing?
extremely LONG story short.

Sage/Sorc questions to the devs regarding overall Max DPS (i'm a utility player that can't dps as much as a full speced DPS). The response from the devs was basically "yeah, well we don't expect you to do as much damage as other DPS since during the fight you can heal (to full)" and that they have a "perception problem".

Some took it as a snarkey response and started flaming. Others took it as a cost/benefit of a sage that DPS is lower, but they have additional utility as a healer. So between some raging about PVP and not surving 3:1 and the others complaining about OPS and enrage timers that a sage DPS is about 8-10% below other DPS even though other DPS can't necessarily heal and are less "squishy" since they have more armor.

tl;dr <insert class> sucks because we are not the flavor of the month and are not at the top of every parse or not the greatest class ever. That progressing as a team is less important than that little number that says how much "dps" you can do. Even though a well balanced mix of ranged and melee DPS is necessary everyone thinks it is all about the #'s

Odlus's Avatar


Odlus
08.27.2013 , 09:44 AM | #15
Horse to death.

DOHboy's Avatar


DOHboy
08.27.2013 , 09:52 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Odlus View Post
Horse to death.
Community needs to learn to fill threads to full. Clearly they have a new thread problem.

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
08.27.2013 , 09:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
I've been away for a few days... *** is this Heal to full thing?
It was an attempt at developer and gamer communication that resulted in slanted feedback and botched reception of it.

Gamers that know the game from actually playing the game and using data to back their stance all shown to BW to developers that know the game through data use only but never telling gamers the real metrics to back anything up, then just telling everyone to learn to play.

It was bound to blow the "F" up in BW's face. How they didn't see it coming is similar to how the Gree armor requirements got screwed up. Sometimes BW is just oblivious to things.

Helig's Avatar


Helig
08.27.2013 , 11:06 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
"Syria needs to learn how to be Humane to full. Clearly they have a Humanity problem."
The West needs to learn to investigate to full. Clearly have a trust in baseless accusations problem.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

DarthOvertone's Avatar


DarthOvertone
08.27.2013 , 11:59 AM | #19
When Arenas hit my PT is going to Dong to Full. He already Taunts to Full.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Dioxys's Avatar


Dioxys
08.28.2013 , 05:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
extremely LONG story short.

Sage/Sorc questions to the devs regarding overall Max DPS (i'm a utility player that can't dps as much as a full speced DPS). The response from the devs was basically "yeah, well we don't expect you to do as much damage as other DPS since during the fight you can heal (to full)" and that they have a "perception problem".

Some took it as a snarkey response and started flaming. Others took it as a cost/benefit of a sage that DPS is lower, but they have additional utility as a healer. So between some raging about PVP and not surving 3:1 and the others complaining about OPS and enrage timers that a sage DPS is about 8-10% below other DPS even though other DPS can't necessarily heal and are less "squishy" since they have more armor.

tl;dr <insert class> sucks because we are not the flavor of the month and are not at the top of every parse or not the greatest class ever. That progressing as a team is less important than that little number that says how much "dps" you can do. Even though a well balanced mix of ranged and melee DPS is necessary everyone thinks it is all about the #'s
Can you explain to me the "perception problem"? I noticed there's a lot of mentions of it in the forums but I probably missed something.
"Your kind (Jedi) either fall to the dark or to a Sith's might." -Sith Warrior