Treek is she really that good?

Ivy_Blackrose

everyone says treek is amazing treek this treek that blah blah blah, but truth is I think she is horrible, she dies a LOT she doesnt heal for crap and she tanks everything including the mob 20 miles away on the other side of the planet, is there any tips for making her a better comp or is she really just over hyped

everyone says treek is amazing treek this treek that blah blah blah, but truth is I think she is horrible, she dies a LOT she doesnt heal for crap and she tanks everything including the mob 20 miles away on the other side of the planet, is there any tips for making her a better comp or is she really just over hyped

Treek is good in that she can tank and provide heals (to herself and you). Her ability to fill two roles in battle are what make her useful.

If she is dying a lot and not healing well, my guess is that she is undergeared. Look at her gear and make sure it is up to the current level.

Another issue may be that her abilities may not be enabled. Expand her ability bar and make sure all abilities and one of the stances are enabled. (you may want to tweak the abilities based on your style of play).

Are you aware that she has two different stances? One for tanking and one for healing? I also concur with people about her stuff. She is horrendously overpowered with the right level of gear on her.

Edit: I probably could have phrased that a little bit more diplomatically; the stances are rather easy to miss, kind of like HK-51's assassination ability.

Edited by Quickpaw

Treek is great because she heals and tanks at the same time. She's amazing for any DPS spec.

Her constant chatter can get annoying however, be warned. Sometimes I switch out companions just to turn it off. I wish there was a separate volume control for companion voices.

The other nice thing about Treek, which everyone of my 12 toons I have has one. If you are pulling to much agro and she is healing you and not catching up to damage, you can switch her into tank stance and have her start taking on agro. This allows you to stay alive longer if need be. And I echo everyone elses thoughts that if you gear her right she can hold her own.

• 3 weeks later...