Powertech's stun abilities

ALDrinkwater

Right ok, so whats with the powertech only getting 2 "stuns" that amount to a grand total for 6.5 seconds? as great as they are, they do need to be changed imo, carbonize should really have a longer stun time and electro dart should have a shorter cooldown.

I know i know, i can reduce the cooldown of electro dart on my talent tree, however that is only by 10 seconds, which isnt that useful on a 1 minute cooldown, 50 seconds cooldown after talents.

And i know, i have a talent that lets me immoblize targets with grapple, and jet charge also immobilizes targets, but they are snares arent they?

We need better stuns. big time. especially if you think about the inquistor and imperial agents, they have an arsenal of stuns and they also have a 1 minute stun, im not asking for new skills, just a buff on the existing skills, to make them viable.

Edited by ALDrinkwater

Right ok, so whats with the powertech only getting 2 "stuns" that amount to a grand total for 6.5 seconds? as great as they are, they do need to be changed imo, carbonize should really have a longer stun time and electro dart should have a shorter cooldown.

I know i know, i can reduce the cooldown of electro dart on my talent tree, however that is only by 10 seconds, which isnt that useful on a 1 minute cooldown, 50 seconds cooldown after talents.

And i know, i have a talent that lets me immoblize targets with grapple, and jet charge also immobilizes targets, but they are snares arent they?

We need better stuns. big time. especially if you think about the inquistor and imperial agents, they have an arsenal of stuns and they also have a 1 minute stun, im not asking for new skills, just a buff on the existing skills, to make them viable.

if we had all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses we would be nerfed in a week

im not all that clued up on the subject but not to put a fine point on it,

you are comparing a tank with heavy armor and the ability to shield (alot if your built for it) to classes that do not?

Edited by Rocco_

if we had all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses we would be nerfed in a week

im not all that clued up on the subject but not to put a fine point on it,

you are comparing a tank with heavy armor and the ability to shield (alot if your built for it) to classes that do not?

No im comparing a tank that is in heavy armour and is designed to debuff, to a healer/tank that is degined to debuff, with to many debuffs, stunns etc.

No im comparing a tank that is in heavy armour and is designed to debuff, to a healer/tank that is degined to debuff, with to many debuffs, stunns etc.

Ok first of all NO ONE gets more/longer duration stuns than the PT.

What the Operative gets is a 1.5s stun, melee range, and a 4s stun, melee range. Their other abilities are Mez/Sleep/Whatever you want to call it, it is not a stun, it breaks on damage. Also the 60s Mez you refer to is reduced to 12s in PVP.

Sorcerers also get a 4s ranged stun, after that they get a non-spammable snare, a casted whirlwind mez (insta with spec), and a knockback with a very short root that breaks on damage (also spec).

Very few classes get a ranged stun. Of those none of them get a second stun.

We not only get a second stun, it's pbaoe and affects a large number of targets.

We also get two roots that ignore resilience, a spammable guaranteed snare, ANOTHER root on our guaranteed stealth reveal. We are also the only class to get Pull foe AND Charge foe. On top of all of that we have the shortest CD interrupt in the game, the sorc's is 12s, ours is 8s baseline or 6s with spec.

We are one of the strongest, if not the strongest, and most versatile CC support classes in the game right now.

Edited by Wodan_Asason

What the Operative gets is a 1.5s stun, melee range, and a 4s stun, melee range. Their other abilities are Mez/Sleep/Whatever you want to call it, it is not a stun, it breaks on damage. Also the 60s Mez you refer to is reduced to 12s in PVP.

Sorcerers also get a 4s ranged stun, after that they get a non-spammable snare, a casted whirlwind mez (insta with spec), and a knockback with a very short root that breaks on damage (also spec).

We not only get a second stun, it's pbaoe and affects a large number of targets.

We also get two roots that ignore resilience, a spammable guaranteed snare, ANOTHER root on our guaranteed stealth reveal. We are also the only class to get Pull foe AND Charge foe. On top of all of that we have the shortest CD interrupt in the game, the sorc's is 12s, ours is 8s baseline or 6s with spec.

We are one of the strongest, if not the strongest, and most versatile CC support classes in the game right now.

exactly what i meant to say lol

Im gonna go ahead and correct you, the Sith Inquisitors get:

1st 4 sec stun, identical to ours

2nd instant ranged cc for 6 secs (If specced can stun the target for 2.5 secs I think might be slightly wrong here)

3rd They have pull.

4th AoE knock Back.

5th Spammable snare/AoE snare.

6th a 1.5 sec knockback (out of stealth)

(true not all the specs have all of this but you were mentioning "grapple root" as if we are all shieldtech. NOTE tho it is possible to have all of the above in one spec)

They do have more CC, and I believe it is supposed to be balanced by the fact that we can use Heavy Armor. NOW how effective it actually is? Well imo not very much, specially when I still get 5 shotted by arsenal mercs in Full BM gear so maybe the devs should instead look into that as they said they would, but then again never tried a dps assassin, and never will, I love my PT :)

Edited by Assaultrooper

No, we don't need better stuns. That's one of the perks of other classes.

Im gonna go ahead and correct you, the Sith Inquisitors get:

1st 4 sec stun, identical to ours

2nd instant ranged cc for 6 secs (If specced can stun the target for 2.5 secs I think might be slightly wrong here)

3rd They have pull.

4th AoE knock Back.

5th Spammable snare/AoE snare.

6th a 1.5 sec knockback (out of stealth)

(true not all the specs have all of this but you were mentioning "grapple root" as if we are all shieldtech. NOTE tho it is possible to have all of the above in one spec)

They do have more CC, and I believe it is supposed to be balanced by the fact that we can use Heavy Armor. NOW how effective it actually is? Well imo not very much, specially when I still get 5 shotted by arsenal mercs in Full BM gear so maybe the devs should instead look into that as they said they would, but then again never tried a dps assassin, and never will, I love my PT :)

Ok.

Their pull is *pull friend* not *pull foe*

I listed their stun, their ranged mez (NOT stun, and only insta with spec), and their AoE knockback that only roots (break on damage root) with spec.

Their snare's cooldown is longer than the duration even with spec and it is not aoe. Their only other snare is spec line while channeling an attack spell, it does not last after the spell is finished however.

Almost all of their CC is soft CC. Our 3 roots do not break on damage and ignore resilience. Our TWO stuns do not break on damage. We can pull an enemy. We can silence an ability for 4s every 8s (50% uptime) or 4s every 6s (66% uptime) with spec vs their 4s every 12s (33% uptime).

We are in no way at all disadvantaged.

If you're dying in 5 hits to a BM merc you have serious gear issues. Even in champ gear you should have almost 19k health with your self buff. Mercs do not do 4k damage per hit minimum, average is more like 2.5k with crit.

Honestly this all sounds like you need some more time on your PT, or your spec is poor, or this is just not the class for you.

interrupt is not the shortest CD,other class also 8 sec;

sor can spam snare use lighting;

stealth revel not guarante root, need spec;

pull and charge not same time, need spec,

that's why i think BW lie to us, i chose this class cause i think i can dps with pull and chagre,

but it is NOT.

Edited by oakamp

The way the classes were designed is that the heavy armor types would have fewer CCs and the light armor guys would have more. While the heavy guys can take hits to the face all day, the light guys cannot so the latter need those abilities to avoid being ripped to shreds.

Unfortunately, due to how defensive mechanics currently work and given how much the devs overcompensated for people's inability to damage high armored foes, there is a combination of all of the following that strips away the heavy armor advantage we are supposed to have over the more CC-oriented classes:

1) MULTIPLE forms of armor penetration through class trees. Tracer Missile/Grav Round shred armor on the target, as do Sundering Assault/Sundering Strike. Other abilities simply grant the character him/herself armor penetration, such as the armor pen for Rail Shot PyroTech Powertechs get or Flechette Round/Acid Blade like Scoundrels/Operatives get.

2) Heavy usage of Tech/Force attacks in PvP, which bypass Defense and Shield completely. This screws over tank and tank/DPS hybrid builds as their shield generator is basically useless and tank gear is a waste. Shadow/Assassin have Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward and healing via TK Throw/Force Lightning to make up for this, but the other four tank ACs get shafted because their reliance on passive defenses is null and void in PvP.

3) Elemental/Internal damage is INSANE in PvP. Madness Sorcs/Balance Sages deal so much of it with one single DoT and a debuff that improves the damage of all DoTs on the target. Powertechs almost exclusively deal elemental and internal damage as Advanced Prototype and deal a slightly smaller proportion (but still higher overall) of it as PyroTech. These damage types ignore armor, completely.

Throw in the fact that these light armor guys have multiple defensive cooldowns, some of which do not rely on passive defenses (i.e. Static Barrier which just voids all your damage for a few seconds), that are superior to ours, and you have to wonder what exactly we are gaining by donning heavy armor at the cost of obtaining multiple CC abilities.

Throw in the fact that these light armor guys have multiple defensive cooldowns, some of which do not rely on passive defenses (i.e. Static Barrier which just voids all your damage for a few seconds), that are superior to ours, and you have to wonder what exactly we are gaining by donning heavy armor at the cost of obtaining multiple CC abilities.
This is an issue with damage mitigation and cc being too prevalent in PvP, not with PTs not having enough CC. This isn't the class for it.

This.

@BCass

Thank you.

This is an issue with damage mitigation and cc being too prevalent in PvP, not with PTs not having enough CC. This isn't the class for it.

Exactly, this is the point I was expressing above. If heavy armor guys trade CC/healing for better mitigation then we should not have our defensive measures be so easily undermined, regardless of whether we are a tank or DPS spec.

I love hybrid builds, but the main reason for why Iron Fist and Carolina Parakeet are so popular is because our defenses are basically nonexistent and we blow up FASTER than a squishy character if we spec pure DPS. We don't have the getaway maneuvers, the heals, or the excessive number of CCs that they do, so we melt instantly upon being attacked.

I want to see buffs to Defense, Shield, armor, and our cylinders to let us take more damage as both tank and DPS specs since we lack the stuns and boosts that other classes get.

AP is definitely in need of some survivability boosts, seeing as it is a squishy melee spec without a charge or stealth. I'd love if HEGC also granted elemental/internal damage resistance (no different than how Knight/Warrior Shii-Cho form offers both x% damage increase AND x% damage mitigation). Hydraulic Overrides could offer some ranged/melee Defense when active as well - you ARE moving faster after all. Kolto Vents should make it so you passively regenerate some HP anytime you vent heat (i.e. passive venting via HEGC) or reduce the heat cost of your next ability.

How about PyroTech/CGC? Since this spec is all about DoTs, why can't CGC have a "Cauterize" proc that removes a random DoT from you every 6 to 8 seconds? Energy Rebounder and/or Degauss should grant some extra mitigation to Energy Shield.

Regarding tanks/Shieldtech: the defense system is completely broken in PvP and requires an overhaul. Tech/Force attacks IMO should start at 90% accuracy like their melee/ranged counterparts. Tech/Force should be shieldable at all times, regardless of crit (melee/ranged crits can continue bypassing shield since melee/ranged is still subject to Defense).

If we had even some of the above changes, this game would definitely be more fair to the tank ACs (specifically the heavy armored ones; Shadows/Assassins need help with their DPS trees in different ways). Again, I don't want to be able to heal or gain more CCs or even an escape maneuver; I just want my Mandalorian armor to actually be near-impregnable just as any other armor of Mandalorian make.

Edited by Mapex