Tython Stronghold

Darturion

We already got two "starter planets", well it is the second we visits.

I would rather see a stronghold in a much more advanced location, a space or under water stronghold would be awesome for example.

Coruscant is better, I'd say, more neutral. Besides, I'd want to blast the place to pieces.

Korriban, on the other hand...

The problem for me with Coruscant is that my main character lacking a legitimate place for her to call home has a very sensitive form of Force Sight (Miraluka.) Being in a huge, crowded place for her can be pretty overwhelming. I've considered Tatooine as an option, but it's such a lawless planet, and I don't think it would be a place she'd settle down for a personal home. Personally, I prefer the look of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold far more than Coruscant but... well, it's Nar Shaddaa :p

Basically, I crave Tython. Must have.

• 2 weeks later...

Um considering we're getting a rural temple complex already I think wasting development resources on Tython would be counter productive (including on a profit sense) at this point of time.

Something we haven;t seen yet in strongholds would be wiser on a business standpoint.

Due to the IC laws surrounding Manaan I virtually believe a stronghold there is impossible, so i would suggest say, calamari homeworld, etc for your water worlds.

but an orbital complex or lava world etc, sure, even a farming world, dantooine.

• 2 years later...

Although a Tython stronghold would be nice, I would much rather have one on Alderaan, since it could be a cross-faction planet. I don't want any future strongholds to be for Republic or Empire only.

Am I remembering wrong... didn't they say something about a Zakuul apartment as the next stronghold?

Honestly, I can't get too excited about strongholds because the last two had serious issues.

* Starship hooks we can't reach and only one per stronghold.

* Wide or angled floorboards that make it hard (impossible) to put things up against walls. Bad on Manaan, worse on Umbara where most walls are covered in tech or struts.

* Clumsy hook placement on Umbara, buggy hooks on Manaan (to be fair they fixed some bugs).

* Loud, repetitive environment on Umbara. Boring sea in every direction on Manaan.

* Centerpiece hooks that can't fit tall or large decorations -- low ceilings in small rooms on Manaan, overhead cables on Umbara.

* Odd navigation -- speeder on Umbara, elevator on Manaan. Stairs/ramps are always much faster.

* Very small spaces -- little train cars on Umbara, some areas already half decorated. Tiny underwater rooms ad little balcony on Manaan.

There were some really interesting innovations on Umbara (moving terrain, cheaper price) and Manaan (underwater spaces), but overall I found the strongholds much more clumsy in design than the previous ones. They made some upgrades to Manaan and I hope they'll continue to make fixes and tweaks. If the next stronghold also puts creativity ahead of practicality, I won't be a hurry to buy it.

Another stronghold layout like Nar Shaddaa (with a starship hook we can reach) would be perfect. Tatooine also has a fantastic layout with a good mix of indoor and outdoor space, though one larger interior room would have been nice.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 1 year later...