I'm calling BS on our (crappy) Passive!

Jayvenger

Ok, so unless our Passive does not apply its 25% damage increase to the Shock Tooltip, I am calling Bullcrap on it. If it does, ignore this post. But, I recently contacted a 39 Healing spec Sorcerer to compare their Shock's damage against my 42 Deception's. What I found kind of made me angry unless the above latter option is true.

Our Stats:

Healer-

Level 39

643-693 damage

0n

741 Willpower

&

302 Power

Me-

618-668 damage

on

755 Willpower

&

286 Power

So, unless 16 Power on 14 less WP can make up for the 25% more damage I am suppose to be doing, I call BS on our rather crappy passive (compared to the ones Sorcs get). And from experience, my shock does it's listed damage when not affected by Voltaic Slash. So yeah, am I right here, or just spouting nonsense?

Edited by Jayvenger

Just another example of the many things wrong with being an Assassin (and I assume, being a Shadow). Add it to the list.

1. Crappy passive that doesn't (seem to) work. Is the downfall of an advanced class having two entirely separate specs. Maybe effects written into the massive that only activate at x points spent in the appropriate trees. Only one can be active at a time (the higher of the two trees). Darkness gets a baseline increased shield chance of 10%. Deception would get increased critical hit chance when attacking out of Stealth. Plus what it already does (after it gets fixed) already.

2. Spike needs to have its damage increased 10 fold. 300 damage for an ability that has to be used out of stealth at 42 is beyond stupid. To balance this, the base version must also be used from behind (and stealthed) a target. Eye of the Storm removes the from behind and cuts the (new x10) damage by 75%.

3. Force/Force Regen is crap. Sorcs get upward of 600 Force and you have to go tank to get increased Regen. Either that, or constantly be popping Blackout. My suggestion is to make Dark Embrace last 30 seconds.

4. Misc useless abilities, mainly Lacerate. It's been documented how bad this ability is regardless of your spec. Force cost is too high and the damage is waaaaaay too low.

Ok I just realized it does work my assassins shock was 1 rank lower than my sorcerers

What's wrong with the skill however is that it increases the base damage of shock and not shocks actual damage. So a rank 5 shock is the equivalent to a rank 6 shock and shock 6 to shock 7.

Completely useless at higher levels though.

Are you sure that's how it works? My comparative experiment would be to differ. I was three levels higher than the Sorcerer I asked, which means our spells were either the same rank, or mine was higher. I had more WP and slightly less actual Power, and yet his skill (that doesn't have the 25% damage buff) was doing more damage.

How it SHOULD work is take the current base damage of the skill which would lead to a +100 damage increase on the upper and 75 increase on the lower. Better yet, it'd be the base damage plus your power mod mutiplied by 1.25 which would lead to a 120 on the lower and a 150 on the max. A bit better. With my talents, it'd be able to get darn near 2k crits with Shock.

THAT'S how hard a melee glass cannon should be able to hit when properly spec'd.

Its suppose to increase the BASE damage of the ability by 25%, and each extra rank gives a whopping 5 extra endurance. So, at lvl 40ish, it costs 35k credits for 5 endurance....5.....5...yes thats right 5 endurance for 35k creds. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Maybe if each rank gave me another 25% bonus to the base damage, but its only the first rank, and like the OP is bringing up, that doesnt even seem to be working.

Isn't the +25% shock damage to the BASE damage? I haven't done this, and my SA is only 27, but if you took off all your gear you should get the base stats for the spell. You'd have to do a comparison then... and yes I realize that the +25% is probably pretty useless in that case.

My friend is playing a Sorcerer. I'm playing an Assassin. We're both level 50.

We decided to test this out this evening. We both went to the fleet and respecced, so we had no talent points set (0/0/0). We both took off all of gear and dueled on his ship, trading shocks back and forth for about a minute. His Shock appeared to be doing pretty much the same damage as mine. I didn't notice a 25% damage difference.

With zero gear and zero talents, my Shock should have been hitting harder, but it didn't appear to be. Not sure what's going on here.

We decided to test this out this evening. We both went to the fleet and respecced, so we had no talent points set (0/0/0). We both took off all of gear and dueled on his ship, trading shocks back and forth for about a minute. His Shock appeared to be doing pretty much the same damage as mine. I didn't notice a 25% damage difference.

With zero gear and zero talents, my Shock should have been hitting harder, but it didn't appear to be. Not sure what's going on here.

Bioware shafting Assassin's more so than they already have. Makes ya wonder if the Shadow's passive works or not...cause if I'm not mistaken, all their stuff mirrors ours. But with pebbles and such. :p

Are you asking if you get a 25% increase per rank? If that's the case shock would be the single most overpowered damage attack in the game at level 50 and high gear levels. In full champ gear it hits like a truck in deception as it is. Edited by Cowflab

BioWare never fails to dissapoint. Waiting until my subscription runs out...

Are you asking if you get a 25% increase per rank? If that's the case shock would be the single most overpowered damage attack in the game at level 50 and high gear levels. In full champ gear it hits like a truck in deception as it is.

No, we're asking if it works at all. Given all the data that has been found thus far, it doesn't even do what you're saying cause it'd still be doing a decent amount more than an even level Sorcerer's Shock, which it's not.

Oh, and gosh forbid Assassin's actually got a powerful ability!

BioWare never fails to dissapoint. Waiting until my subscription runs out...

Ditto. At first I could ignore the bugs, the not implemented systems, and all the other issues.

But really I do not want to support something this half assed. They got voice acting and leveling to be enjoyable; good job.

Its however a mega fail in every other facet of the game. Bugs everywhere will take them months and months to correct, meanwhile I dont see alot of content being released in their content patches (compared to say, rift, which had entire new zones, quest lines, seasonal items, raids and more in their first content release).

I want to like SWTOR and make it succeed, im not a hater, but this seriously is very disappointing.

Combine these issues with game design from 2007 (look at our talent trees and the number of +1% crit, +2% , +3% crit filler talents, as well as old game design philosophies (dark ward = old paladin holy shield. etc).

I was hoping for something more from Bioware, not an attempt at perfecting what even blizzard has progressed beyond because they themselves determined it was boring game design. Right now we have our locked in specs with some variation and thats about it. There are 2 tanking specs, a deception spec and a madness(pvp) spec, and thats really about it for viable options. Compare that to the near infinite weird combos people are figuring out in rift (which it seems every 2 -3 weeks, someone discovers a 'new' viable build, even though the games like a year old now).

Last night I had the following bugs.

A diplomacy quest netted me fractions of light side points (something like 6.9482371 points, so now my light side score has about 10 decimal points following it)

In a flashpoint a boss at 20% health simply disappeared

In a pvp i died, clicked the 'respawn' button but nothing would happen. Try as I might, nothing occurred until I was auto kicked out of the group.

Clicking on overcharge saber, the CD went off but i did not get my healing effect (im darkness specced). Seems to occur if you click it to fast after using electrocute (weird?)

And then there is the simple oversights that I think are just reflecting the fact no one on their sides clearly has a grasp on what they are doing. Take customer service for instance. Last night (might still be the case) if you click the question mark ontop of your screen to access CS, check out their message of the day. Its raw CSS code. How did no one test/notice that?

Then there is whats missing.

No macros in a game that gives you a TON of abilities, most of which are priority based (i.e cast Y if off cooldown, if not cast R, if not cast E, etc).

No real UI customization (Rift had this at launch)

No real LFG system (Rift announced theres within the first month and had it out the door within 1.5 months. Technically SWTOR still has time on this)

A real level 50 pvp system (current one + Illum=a joke)

A semi balanced crafting system (Current one=a joke unless your biochem. Who wants to spend hundreads of thousands of credits to get a recipe for something when you can get something better in 2-3 hours of pvp).

Ditto. At first I could ignore the bugs, the not implemented systems, and all the other issues.

But really I do not want to support something this half assed. They got voice acting and leveling to be enjoyable; good job.

Its however a mega fail in every other facet of the game. Bugs everywhere will take them months and months to correct, meanwhile I dont see alot of content being released in their content patches (compared to say, rift, which had entire new zones, quest lines, seasonal items, raids and more in their first content release).

I want to like SWTOR and make it succeed, im not a hater, but this seriously is very disappointing.

Combine these issues with game design from 2007 (look at our talent trees and the number of +1% crit, +2% , +3% crit filler talents, as well as old game design philosophies (dark ward = old paladin holy shield. etc).

I was hoping for something more from Bioware, not an attempt at perfecting what even blizzard has progressed beyond because they themselves determined it was boring game design. Right now we have our locked in specs with some variation and thats about it. There are 2 tanking specs, a deception spec and a madness(pvp) spec, and thats really about it for viable options. Compare that to the near infinite weird combos people are figuring out in rift (which it seems every 2 -3 weeks, someone discovers a 'new' viable build, even though the games like a year old now).

Last night I had the following bugs.

A diplomacy quest netted me fractions of light side points (something like 6.9482371 points, so now my light side score has about 10 decimal points following it)

In a flashpoint a boss at 20% health simply disappeared

In a pvp i died, clicked the 'respawn' button but nothing would happen. Try as I might, nothing occurred until I was auto kicked out of the group.

Clicking on overcharge saber, the CD went off but i did not get my healing effect (im darkness specced). Seems to occur if you click it to fast after using electrocute (weird?)

And then there is the simple oversights that I think are just reflecting the fact no one on their sides clearly has a grasp on what they are doing. Take customer service for instance. Last night (might still be the case) if you click the question mark ontop of your screen to access CS, check out their message of the day. Its raw CSS code. How did no one test/notice that?

Then there is whats missing.

No macros in a game that gives you a TON of abilities, most of which are priority based (i.e cast Y if off cooldown, if not cast R, if not cast E, etc).

No real UI customization (Rift had this at launch)

No real LFG system (Rift announced theres within the first month and had it out the door within 1.5 months. Technically SWTOR still has time on this)

A real level 50 pvp system (current one + Illum=a joke)

A semi balanced crafting system (Current one=a joke unless your biochem. Who wants to spend hundreads of thousands of credits to get a recipe for something when you can get something better in 2-3 hours of pvp).

I like you, we're on the same level. Don't worry though, you forgot a few:

Still some PvP kills on Ilum don't grant you valor or credit for daily/weekly

The OBNOXIOUS 6 QUESTS ADDED TO YOUR QUEST LOG WHEN YOU ZONE INTO ILUM

Ability delay is still happening to me, idgaf how many dev posts say it's fixed

Minor delay after mounting speeder (dunno if anyone else has this)

Red Reaper is a bugfest. Tried to run a lowbie through it last night normal mode and...

1. The first boss respawned after killing him

2. The final boss' adds wouldn't die, preventing us from killing him

Player lag is horrendous. *jogs erratically in place and ends up somewhere random 3 seconds later*

Republic players can get over their invisible wall pre-warzone initiation in Voidstar and plant the bomb on the door before we can even leave the first room

Ilum buff isn't there when you zone into Ilum after a warzone, forcing players to zone out and zone back in

Someone traded me something, and it never showed up in my inventory (I filed a bug report and I still haven't gotten a response. Great customer support, BW)

Items still display incorrect tooltips for their actual stats

/meditate emote doesn't work

Just a few. I know there are more out there, and I seriously am so immensely fed up with all of BioWares BS. Working as intended...heh...all of my friends are unsubscribing, and a lot of the actually good players on my server are unsubscribing, as well. GG all

Yeah, interrupt and knockdown I think is it's purpose.

But, only if you're darkness. It's useless to the other two specs as it either has to be an opener or you have to blow Force Shroud to use. Can only be used from stealth? That BEGS to be a sick opener or a reason to use Force Shroud as more than an Oh ***** button. It's kinda sad for an ability that just looks sick. Force lift followed by a stab that rams the target into the ground? THAT'S the kind of flare that our class needs more of.

But, this thread is about our non functioning passive. Hopefully Bioware reads this and realizes this grievous bug.

you being higher level is going to skew the results somewhat.

it requires more of any given stat to keep the same bonus, as you gain levels.

so if you need 100 willpower to get +50dmg @ lvl 35, you are going to need more than 100 to equal the same +50dmg, at lvl 40

does that make any sense?

you being higher level is going to skew the results somewhat.

it requires more of any given stat to keep the same bonus, as you gain levels.

so if you need 100 willpower to get +50dmg @ lvl 35, you are going to need more than 100 to equal the same +50dmg, at lvl 40

does that make any sense?

Did you not see the test that someone else did? He took himself and a sorcerer at 50 and stripped them both down to no gear and no talents. They then proceeded to shock duel each other. Thing is, his Shock wasn't doing any sort of noticeably higher damage. Which, he should have seen given that we are suppose to be doing 25% more damage.