'The' PvP-DPS Build

Cempa

Though the class may not be in a good place right now I'd like to hear what others have to say about the DPS hybrid..

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfoMrdRMfMzZf0cRsbz.3

0/28/18

Solid mana

Solid control

Wrath + Lightning Strike = Chain Lightning proc = Root+Snare

Electric Binding to save your life

15% less DoT I find a must because I tend to die from DoT's ...

I want Death Mark really bad so Bioware lower Electric Binding please...

Edited by Cempa

Any Hybrid will be beaten by a full madness or lightning spec hands down.

While I understand PvP is not 1v1 and attempting to enter into any kind of 1v1 argument is meanigless I will add that lightning can not keep up with hybrid. Madness can top hybrid on charts but only because I choose to focus on utility -cleanse, peel and heavy off healing my team.

The reason I can as a hybrid compete is my rosurce is pretty much endless as long as I DPS and I am very hard to pin down and kill. Madness can kite 1 but only unorginzed teams send 1 to kill you....good teams will send 2 your way who will chain immobolize you to death...

What do you guys use as openers/general rotation in this build? Never played hybrid tbh

Keep Affliction up on multiple targets then go for Wrath procs...Within seconds you will have Wrath+Chain proc lined up, pop CD's and hit your target Death Filed+Crushing/Strike+Death Filed+Lightning Barrage -which is force lightning proc so faster cast.

The beauty of this build is high survival and high burst that is guaranteed every 1x sec with solid force management.

Remember: NEVER stand still unless its Force Lightning and its under Barrage....Fake cast..hug walls and keep running in and out of line of sight...Warriors will synchronize force charge and insta gib you...Powertech will wait for you barrier and after DoT you up..grapple you and perma snare you..

YOU are a utility hybrid who needs to always Purge, heal, peel and not fill resolve unnecessarily....

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201zZforMdoMZsMfRsbkRb.3

This is my 1/18/27 build.

I am probably going to make a thread going into the # of this spec further but for now.

The best part of this spec is the only move that I will cast is Force lighting. Your priority is going to depend on your wrath procs giving you a free Lightning strike/Crushing darkness. The instant Crushing Darkness will do 55% more damage over with when used with Deathfield in addition to healing you over time. The instant Lightning strike has a 60% chance to give both an instant Chain lighting in addition to granting lightning burns(LB dot dmg is increased in skill tree)

Always keep at least 4 afflictions up to keep a steady flow of HOTs coming to you. Your instant deathfield and Crushing Darkness need to be used on CD to also keep your HOTs up.

The gear you want to use is at least 2 Force Mystic and 2 Force master. The force mystic is to lower the cd of your bubble stun and your force master is going to make sure your crushing darkness heals you.

The Second to last tier of madness is almost useless but you still need alac to lower your GCD so I stack 3 or 4 alac/power enhancements and to get to about 5% alac.

Remember you are a sorc so you still can not face tank. but this spec offers great mobility,protection, and sustained damage.

This spec is not too bursty but it has the potential too if your lightning strikes proc chain lightning. Force management is not a problem unless you try to offheal your teammates. Lightning strike and Force lightning are going to make sure you recover energy faster.

Anyway try is out tell me what you think. I was going with a more lightning build until the changes to madness making my dots heal me for 2%.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201zZforMdoMZsMfRsbkRb.3

This is my 1/18/27 build.

I am probably going to make a thread going into the # of this spec further but for now.

The best part of this spec is the only move that I will cast is Force lighting. Your priority is going to depend on your wrath procs giving you a free Lightning strike/Crushing darkness. The instant Crushing Darkness will do 55% more damage over with when used with Deathfield in addition to healing you over time. The instant Lightning strike has a 60% chance to give both an instant Chain lighting in addition to granting lightning burns(LB dot dmg is increased in skill tree)

Always keep at least 4 afflictions up to keep a steady flow of HOTs coming to you. Your instant deathfield and Crushing Darkness need to be used on CD to also keep your HOTs up.

The gear you want to use is at least 2 Force Mystic and 2 Force master. The force mystic is to lower the cd of your bubble stun and your force master is going to make sure your crushing darkness heals you.

The Second to last tier of madness is almost useless but you still need alac to lower your GCD so I stack 3 or 4 alac/power enhancements and to get to about 5% alac.

Remember you are a sorc so you still can not face tank. but this spec offers great mobility,protection, and sustained damage.

This spec is not too bursty but it has the potential too if your lightning strikes proc chain lightning. Force management is not a problem unless you try to offheal your teammates. Lightning strike and Force lightning are going to make sure you recover energy faster.

Anyway try is out tell me what you think. I was going with a more lightning build until the changes to madness making my dots heal me for 2%.

The Problem with this spec is your a single target damage dealer with no real defensive cooldowns and on top of that your missing both bonus crit damage talents.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZMcrrkRrc0MZcMcRs0z.3

Is what I would run for a hybrid 9% bonus to crit on top of your base with 50% bonus crit damage death fiield is a little weak with no bonus but it's a good follow up to a chain lightning. Most call this a Wrathfull Lightning build as the Lightning Strikes can crit up to 6.5-7k single target depending on buffs. It doesn't have much in the way of defense but if any leaves you alone you can "Make them pay". It's fun to play as long as you don't get to focused normally a fun warzone spec and it will help you as a player because you have to use slow and ww more and rely on other abilities you may over look since it's pretty bare bones.

The Problem with this spec is your a single target damage dealer with no real defensive cooldowns and on top of that your missing both bonus crit damage talents.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZMcrrkRrc0MZcMcRs0z.3

Is what I would run for a hybrid 9% bonus to crit on top of your base with 50% bonus crit damage death fiield is a little weak with no bonus but it's a good follow up to a chain lightning. Most call this a Wrathfull Lightning build as the Lightning Strikes can crit up to 6.5-7k single target depending on buffs. It doesn't have much in the way of defense but if any leaves you alone you can "Make them pay". It's fun to play as long as you don't get to focused normally a fun warzone spec and it will help you as a player because you have to use slow and ww more and rely on other abilities you may over look since it's pretty bare bones.

The problem with Sorcs in general is that we are generally the first person targeted and we take damage the easiest. My solution is to make is so there is no cast time for any moves except force lightning. I will throw in a quick dark heal after the melee has stunned himself and force speed away.

The problem with your spec is that there is only a 30% chance forcked lightning and shock will proc. Based on what I have seen with a 30% chance to proc you are going to get screwed more often then not. Also because you have unlimited force lighting without a cd it isn't necessary to put any points in lightning barrage (force lightning will proc wrath usually about halfway through channeling at which point you go for the free LS/CL or the deathfield/CD)

Another reason you need to go higher into madness is because devour increases the deathfield+ HOTs by 100% which does not seem like a lot but it adds up tremendously over time.

Over the course of 23 seconds if you afflict 4 people, death field 5 people+ crushing darkness (proc'd instant) you will heal over 27k heals. Now there heals are not something you are casting so they can't be interrupted. Also this does not include the protection from your lightning barrier and your unnatural preservation.

I want to be clear though. This is definitely not a 1v1 spec, you will need to work with your team and make sure you are always next to a pillar to LOS your enemy.

Edited by Chrisweaver