heya, sorry if this has been posted or shouldnt be put here...

i have a juggernaut tank with full columi, 3 rakata gear (legs, offhand, belt) which means i should be a strong tank.

Im told i keep aggro well, but cant grasp mechanics such as denova normal first boss, lost island first/last boss.

Any tips?

what do you mean by cannot grasp mechanics? you do not understand the fights? or you are just getting owned by them? as a guardian tank i can help you with the latter :) If you are dying to fights like toth and zorn, if you are on zorn and leap is about to happen, hit a relic, and if you are battling Toth while he is pissed, hit saber ward and then go down through your cool downs. the trick to those fights is hitting force scream whenever up. it is your main survival tool... and please tell me your shield absorption and such... our columi/rakata gear is Horribly itemised

what do you mean by cannot grasp mechanics? you do not understand the fights? or you are just getting owned by them? as a guardian tank i can help you with the latter :) If you are dying to fights like toth and zorn, if you are on zorn and leap is about to happen, hit a relic, and if you are battling Toth while he is pissed, hit saber ward and then go down through your cool downs. the trick to those fights is hitting force scream whenever up. it is your main survival tool... and please tell me your shield absorption and such... our columi/rakata gear is Horribly itemised

Im just getting owned by them, like not distrupting incinerate quick enough

okay then, its not a issue with your tanking, you just gotta put more of your focus at interrupting the boss. you just gotta practice, and eventually you'll start to remember when your force scream will come back up, same with retaliate and stuff like that. Practice interrupting. i also recommend putting your interrupt on a spot you can hit it easily and quickly. i have a razer mouse and i normally have it bound on it. or even putting it as 1 so you can just right click to activate it

Interrupt incinerate faster?

To be honest at times it is very hard to interrupt it before you get a single stack, since you cant just interrupt when ever you see him casting, you have to take a split second to distinguished that it is incinerate.

On a side note, a healer should be able to toss out a cure/purge/w.e rather quickly though if they are decent. Hell in most most cases a good healer with good dps (not taking much damage themselves), should be able to cure/heal through a fully missed incinerate.

Re: interrupting LR-5's Incinerate. If I have two ranged DPS and we're doing the "tank in the middle, group around the outside" strategy, I (the tank) have pretty much one job only, and that is interrupting Incinerate, so I just stare at the cast bar, and can get it before one tick most of the time (and if I whiff and get 2+ stacks, I yell for cleanse). If I have any melee DPS, we do "kite the boss around the outside" and I make the melee DPS interrupt Incinerate, because I have to concentrate on lightning balls and lava.

The LR-5 droid incinerates in a predictable pattern. Sadly I don't have solid numbers for you, but I believe it's something like incinerate>plasma arc>plasma arc>incinerate. There will be other things thrown in from time to time such as his experimental cannon channel, but as you do this fight more keep an eye on the order of his ability casts. Once you learn to anticipate the incinerates you can very reliably interrupt them without getting a single stack.

As far as Toth and Zorn go I'd need to know more about which mechanics are getting you to offer any specific advice.