So why do you think our companions have not rejoined us yet?

Sorens

I dont mean development reasons, we know that some unfortunate things happened there and thats why the whwole story was somewhat changed and is moving in a different direction, I am talking about story reasons.

Let me preface this by saying that I do not think that all of our companions would go looking for us, and honestly it makes sense for most of them. Either they lack resources, knowledge, contacts or its simply out of character for them.

For example I would not be mad at Ashara, Elara, Nadia or even Doc, its simply not in their nature to simply go out and comit themselfs to this insanely dangerous and abitious venture of tying to save you, or they simply would not have even known you are alive and believed you dead.

That being said, we know that at least some of our companions knew and tried to spring us out (its even possible that all) from darth Hexid, so this makes everything even more confusing.

We know that at the begining of kotfe we are frozen for 5 years, so thats five years apart already, some of them tried to help, others possibly had no opportunity or think you dead, however now that Lana got you out, the rumors of outlander escaping the Eternal Empire are starting to spread.

At this point I still believe none of the companions would necessarily catch up with you, either not realizing that its you or not believing at first. After several months, lets say between half a year and a year we have the defeat of Arcann and its here that I believe most of the companions would start coming back.

I mean just look at it realisticaly, nobody with any access to Holonet would miss that you are hte outlander, considering that Zakuul controls most of the known universe and there are wanted posters of you, its ridiculous to think they would miss it, even if they are not actively looking for you.

By the time we defeat Vaylin and become the defacto emperor of Zakuul there is no way they would not know where we are and that we are alive, its been about 7 years since your separation and that is just ridiculous.

Considering that there are many companions who we know are capable of making the same effort that Lana did, seriously I simply cant imagine that people like Kira, Kaliyo or Jaesa would not be able to mount a rescue and considering that they know we are alive, what possible reason could there be for them to not seek you out sooner?

Some of the companions like Mako or Risha have reently returned and at least in Risha's case the excuse was basically she thought it was a trap, which is dumb and I can imagine that the others didnt have much better excuses either. Seeing as this is around the time of destruction of the eternal fleet, you have been out for more or less 2 years.

Even if we discount this and just sort of place these reunions somewhere between the chapters, since they are not specificaly placed time-wise what about the rest of the companions. Nadia, Doc and I believe Jaesa are coming in the Jedi update in december, which is a next place in the timeline so you cant even pretend that they have not been away for less than 2 years after you woke up. From a lifestream we know that the colony is without connection to holonet, so thats why they didnt know... but I dunno.

And that brings us to Kira and Scourge ( think those will be the only ones missing right?) and how in the hell did they not come looking for you sooner, at the very least their absence has to be well explained, Scourge and Kira were immensely important in the empreror storyline and Kira is one of the examples of a companion that would not leave their LI hanging, we know she tried to save us and knew we live so what the hell.

Sorry that this is sort of all over the place, I have been replaying many of the class stories and just find it more and more upsetting that we dont really have a good reason fo the companions missing, very few of them have even had a dignified return.

So what do you think? How are you dealing with that, story-wise, what are your explanations or headcanons that explain this? Where do you place the return of the Nathema unlocked companions? Do you think your companions looked for you, or not, why did they fail and what have they been doing in the meantime? Lay it on me, I am seriously interested and starved for more swtor, so make it long :D

Thanks to you all :)

From a story perspective, I think that the companions who had a friendly relationship with the PC (romantic or platonic) would have at least looked for a little while. But I do think that for the most part, they would have all had to move on and find a new life, even if they were very fond of the PC. Five years is a very long time, and they would have had to protect themselves, too.

But I don't think all of the companions would have cared. Skadge? Guss Tuno? I can't see them dedicating themselves to any sort of search. It would have been more, "Whelp, this job's over, time for a new one."

Realistically I don't think all of them would have stayed faithful to the PC if they were romanced, either. Some would - some people really do never find love again, or feel that relationship so deeply that they do not want another. But some would have moved on to new partners, and that would have been reasonable too. Someone who is widowed in our world certainly often would remarry or start dating again in way less than five years.

The one story aspect I think is ridiculous is the "I didn't know it was you!" or "I didn't know you were still alive!" excuse we're getting from the companions who have come back recently. It doesn't make sense. Not for any of them. The Commander's identity was splashed all over the galactic Holonet for all of KOTET. That's months and months. Unless they literally were living in a cave, there's no reason the companions shouldn't have seen that, like the rest of the galaxy did.

Having said that, I don't think that means all of them would have *wanted* to return to the PC, but I just cannot buy that they didn't know.

For myself, when I pull companions from the terminal, I just headcanon that either a) they saw the Commander on the Holonet and came back to join up with them again; b) they felt the Alliance was a worthwhile cause and wanted to show up, and lo and behold, there's their old friend!; c) the Commander still had their email address and dropped them a line. With Akaavi and Mako the headcanon is that they did link up, but that they came back to the Commander far sooner.

Having said that, I don't think that means all of them would have *wanted* to return to the PC, but I just cannot buy that they didn't know.

I can think of a few not being very eager to return to me :

Mako : my female bh stole the guy Mako was after ( Torian) and while they were hunting together ( after the bh was captured and frozen in carbonite) she probably had to hear him talking about his lost wife every single day. unwillingly, both the bh & Torian made Mako feel small.

Zenith : unless he was captured & locked in a dark cell or frozen in carbonite there is no way he didn't knew the JC is alive and on Odessen. He is probably very disappointed and thinks something like ; " You betrayed me & Balmorra by leading an Alliance that includes Imperials & Sith, I'll just go on my way and forget you ever existed".

Non-romanced Akaavi : "you gave me a home & a place in your crew, but you don't own me. And i do not owe you anything, but anything at all. "

Edited by bluehufsa

• 2 weeks later...

Some companions are not planned to come back like Zenith, Tharan, etc.

If I recall correctly, I believe the dev team is trying to bring back all companions who haven't returned yet by the end of 2018. And I know some are already confirmed to definitely come back such as Doc, Khem Val, Jaesa, etc.

It all depends. I believe they aren't coming back as alliance missions anymore (thankfully) and are coming back as part of new stories or side missions.

But that's from what I have been reading, could be wrong.

In terms of their character, not really sure. Although you can find clues as to which ones are trying to find you (such as Kira) or those who just don't really care (Jaesa) by looking at your emails sent by them after KOTFE starts. (I believe only the romanced ones will message you).

Hope this helps!:)

Edited by AndrewBNook

I can think of a few not being very eager to return to me :

Mako : my female bh stole the guy Mako was after ( Torian) and while they were hunting together ( after the bh was captured and frozen in carbonite) she probably had to hear him talking about his lost wife every single day. unwillingly, both the bh & Torian made Mako feel small.

Zenith : unless he was captured & locked in a dark cell or frozen in carbonite there is no way he didn't knew the JC is alive and on Odessen. He is probably very disappointed and thinks something like ; " You betrayed me & Balmorra by leading an Alliance that includes Imperials & Sith, I'll just go on my way and forget you ever existed".

Non-romanced Akaavi : "you gave me a home & a place in your crew, but you don't own me. And i do not owe you anything, but anything at all. "

I have to agree with your assessment on the bh...personally i didn't want mako back..but i did want Avaki..Mando's stick together...and hey mako did actually try for torian on one of my hunters -.- i do not like her, Torian has been and will always be my hunter's!

Zenith...ditto...and if you have done the agent story...well if he found out he was REALLY working for the imps all along ...oops..

As to doc..well it will be funny (hopefully) if he actually saw the holo of theron declaring his love for your knight ( yeah my original knight from launch went there ugg had to find out if Doc could actually be decent...fyi..he isn't)

Edited by Iceslasher
clarification

I'm guessing Nadia got hamstrung by both the Order and the politicians. She's a newbie Senator and a masterless Padawan, and the poor kid is smart...but very naive. It would be all too easy for some of the master manipulators in the Council and Senate to trip her up by telling her that since the Consular is lost (if not dead, then somehow lost to the Dark Side or some BS), and that she has to toe the line for the greater good.

Zenith? Politics isn't his bag, and as others pointed out, the Alliance contains Imperials. Plus Balmorra was hit hard by both the Republic (screwed over again!) and Zakuul. He's probably back in his swamp, sniping anyone who isn't Balmorran at this point. I am and am not surprised he hasn't returned, seeing as Mr. Baker is pulling a major role as Tharon Shan. Zenith was supposed to return, it looks like, but something didn't pan out.

Cedrax has always been a wild card. I would not be too surprised if the remnants of the Star Cabal or some criminal syndicate didn't recruit him.

Zenith? Politics isn't his bag, and as others pointed out, the Alliance contains Imperials. Plus Balmorra was hit hard by both the Republic (screwed over again!) and Zakuul. He's probably back in his swamp, sniping anyone who isn't Balmorran at this point. I am and am not surprised he hasn't returned, seeing as Mr. Baker is pulling a major role as Tharon Shan. Zenith was supposed to return, it looks like, but something didn't pan out.

Wish i knew the coordinates to his swamp.. believe it or not, but for him my JC would drop the Alliance and everything else. :D