unlawful ban

Pogimon

well im pretty sure one of my irl buddy's got a 4 month ban for suspicious behaviour which they had not given evidence of what it was or anything he is also a founder and seems like abit of bs for the ban any of the support team or secruity team wanna actually say why he got the ban cause only reason i started playing this was cause he got me into it so yeah seems like bs that he got banned for no reason what so ever and i wanna continue playing this but i dont like much solo player games much anymore and i dislike making new friends cause i dont trust any of them Edited by Pogimon
because i wanted to

well im for sure he doesn't do any of that but still seems suss af when they don't have evidence for the ban and still seems like it may have been a glitch or something with there banning program or wat ever because really only things he does is big raids and he was doing flashpoints with me so idk could be cause he gave me some credits so idk

I had a friend who I played WoW with and who always had credits. I never asked where he got them from as I expected he played to get them the way I did,

One day he had his account banned and no explanation. It made no sense he would get banned. I knew he didn’t cheat because he would often be at my place playing on my other PC. So I racked my brain over and over as to why he would get banned.

Then it dawned on me that he always had more credits than seemed possible with the content and time we spent playing the game. So I asked him if he purchased from gold sellers and he admitted he did and that’s what got him banned.

Seeing as your friend didn’t want you to post, there is a possibility he may be a little embarrassed or ashamed and doesn’t want to admit to you want he did to get banned,

well idk how that is when he was a founder and pre ordered this game way before it came out and he did the previous expansion raid boss that was pretty much impossible before it got nerfed and thats how he got all his credits cause he showed me the raid and all the drops he could get in there

well idk how that is when he was a founder and pre ordered this game way before it came out and he did the previous expansion raid boss that was pretty much impossible before it got nerfed and thats how he got all his credits cause he showed me the raid and all the drops he could get in there

Founder or not, that doesn’t mean anything.

Maybe ask him flat out if he actually did any exploiting, wintrading or buying credits from gold spammers. My friend and I played WoW for 9 years till he got caught and he’d been doing it all along without my knowledge.

Bioware don’t just ban you for no reason. He can also dispute it by calling customer service. If he is innocent, then they are the only ones that can help him. Posting about it on the forums will not help him or you get your friend back in the game. Tell him to ring CS. If he really is innocent, he will do it. If he’s not, then he’ll probably make some excuse for not doing it. Then you’ll know he’s lying to you too and probably deserved the ban he got.

thats why i said its a 4 month ban its not perm which strikes me as odd cause he always tells me not to buy stuff with irl cash so i dont think he would do anything that would put his acc at risk but all g was just wondering if any1 would think its weird guess not every1 seems to just think he is guilty haha X D Edited by Pogimon

Can u really get banned for buying gold?

I mean.... given how well they r doing, half the game's population should be getting banned...

I suppose it depends on how blantant you are. Was more likely cheating of some sort that got the player banned. Or harrasment, bad enough to warrent a 4 month ban. As you said, if they banned people for buying credits, they'd lose half the players, especially the newer players they recently attracted.

I suppose it depends on how blantant you are. Was more likely cheating of some sort that got the player banned. Or harrasment, bad enough to warrent a 4 month ban. As you said, if they banned people for buying credits, they'd lose half the players, especially the newer players they recently attracted.

What are you saying here? That BW secretly has control of all the gold sellers in the game?

thats why i said its a 4 month ban its not perm which strikes me as odd cause he always tells me not to buy stuff with irl cash so i dont think he would do anything that would put his acc at risk but all g was just wondering if any1 would think its weird guess not every1 seems to just think he is guilty haha X D

Let's put it this way.

This game is very SOFT on cheaters. Nine times out of ten, they will choose NOT to ban or even hand out nothing more than a 1-week pat on the back.

With that kind of track record, I can confidently say that if they indeed gave your "friend" a 4-month ban, it was definitely for good reason. That said, if the person wants to appeal the ban, there is a spot on EA's website where they can do so.

well im pretty sure one of my irl buddy's got a 4 month ban for suspicious behaviour which they had not given evidence of what it was or anything

1. EA has better things to do than burn employees' time randomly targeting innocent players. Something happened.

2. EA is under no burden, at any time, to explain punishments to other than the player receiving the punishment

3. If the player receiving the punishment has not outlined to you what brought on the punishment, all is conjecture

4. There is no law, U.S. or otherwise, compelling a particular enforcement on the part of EA regarding its own TOS.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Can u really get banned for buying gold?

I mean.... given how well they r doing, half the game's population should be getting banned...

You can. But they do need to put in the effort of proving that you did so. Whether or not that was the issue for the OP's friend is an entirely different matter. We don't know what the 4 month ban is for and I'm not going to speculate based on a random thread on the forum.

I doubt half the population buys gold as it is, but I'm sure there are a number of players who do it and get away with it.

What are you saying here? That BW secretly has control of all the gold sellers in the game?

Funny response, although until proven otherwise, I wouldn't put it past any gaming company to forbid the purchasing of its currency, then turn around and inconspicuously sell its gaming community the very currency they're forbidding you not to buy. I'm not saying EAWare is doing this, but don't put it past them. To some degree that's already being done through the Cartel Market.

Edited by Pirana

Bioware doesn't ban people just for the fun of it. If your friend - as you claim - is indeed banned, then that happened for a good reason. The fact that you say your friend asked you not to talk about it here, kind of already tells me that they know they did something wrong. But of course, it remains speculation and conjecture. What I do get somewhat bothered by is that you immediately assume that Bioware has targeted your friend for the fun of it, instead of reflecting on the fact that they might have actually done something wrong. Just because one is a Founder doesn't mean that they are flawless. And no matter how long you have been a player here or how much you have paid for the game, everyone is subject to punishment if they break the ToS. People these days all too often and easily forget that actions have consequences. Apparently, the actions of your friend - whatever they might have been - have led to the consequence that they received a 4 month ban. Edited by Ylliarus

The fact that you say your friend asked you not to talk about it here, kind of already tells me that they know they did something wrong

and the fact also making a thread on the forum that he got a 4 month bann is also not smart for him.

that the OP disagree with the bann his friend is his meaning but for a lot off things you do in the game like telling the wrong things in a chat is all asking for a bann.

and if the OP's friend got all plenty off banns in the past then he most know that the next time doing something stupid all is it small give's you all a longer bann.

in some game's there give only a limit off banns for each accounts and when you reach the limit you are 1 strike away from a prem bann that means also a small thing where a other player gets 1 week bann for can give all a prem bann if there reach there bann limits before a prem bann come's.

like if the account got for the first time a bann its 1 week but if its the 6th then you have all a chance to get a prem bann for lot off things.

Edited by Spikanor

** Grammarly advertisement **

If you read the TOS, you'd see that they can ban you for almost anything they feel like. It's not "unlawful" since you must have read and agreed to the EULA/TOS.

Naturally, they tend not to want ban people, particularly subscribers. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

If you read the TOS, you'd see that they can ban you for almost anything they feel like. It's not "unlawful" since you must have read and agreed to the EULA/TOS.

Naturally, the tend not to want ban people, particularly subscribers. 😏

BW doesn't need any evidence either.

But I don't think BW just does it that way. It is more likely that your friend did something not entirely legal. He just doesn't want to admit it. ;)