Honestly, I have lost all desire to level another toon

SoulstitchMMO

The Trooper story ending is SO bad, I could not possibly want to invest in another toon to waste the time for another bad ending.

Please tell me that some other class has an ending that is worth doing because the epicness of the trooper story was balanced out by the failure of the trooper ending.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trooper story ending is SO bad, I could not possibly want to invest in another toon to waste the time for another bad ending.

Please tell me that some other class has an ending that is worth doing because the epicness of the trooper story was balanced out by the failure of the trooper ending.

I can't even bring myself to level my first toon to 50, i just stopped at level 45, i guess i just need some time away from the game.

MMO's shouldn't be about story to begin with, one of the problems i'm having with this game is not a lack of story, it's the fact that it has one, lol... Perhaps i'm just used to the way every other MMO is, i know i'm not the only person that feels this way though, the class quests are great, i have no problem with that, but why on earth would Bioware ever choose to do voiced side quests, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and voiced repeatable quests are even worse.

Edited by PeacefulViolence

I can't even bring myself to level my first toon to 50, i just stopped at level 45, i guess i just need some time away from the game.

The only selling point for this game IS the story. That's it. Every single other facet of SWTOR is a failure, and they just failed at the ending?

Why would Daniel Erickson allow this? People are supposed to be excited to level another toon. People honestly got to their ending of their character, and decided to level another toon? Why?!?

I think I recieved all ya'lls desires then. Could you please take them back? I got in at Dec 14th, and still dont have a 50 because Im loving seeing all the other stories out there.

Selling excess leveling desire, $10!

I felt the story became strong or weak depending on my response. On my inquisitor I had a sudden shift in how I reacted at the end to what was the norm, and I felt it ruined what was a pretty decent character story and wrapped up with a retarded m night shyamalan character twist where I suddenly grew a heart or learned to respect my elders. Then the final meeting with my companions I completely detoured from character and when it was done, I was dissapointed with myself.

There were times I felt the story suffered from other choices I made earlier in the story that I intended to go back and redo later.

The only selling point for this game IS the story. That's it. Every single other facet of SWTOR is a failure, and they just failed at the ending?

Why would Daniel Erickson allow this? People are supposed to be excited to level another toon. People honestly got to their ending of their character, and decided to level another toon? Why?!?

You talk like this is an fps shooter, rather then an MMO that will evolve and bring new features and content into it over time.

Oh, and not everyone agrees with your assessment. I would be one of them.

Edited by Andryah

wrong game for you, if you are serious about what you said, IMO. ;)

So basically you're saying that if you roll another character on the same faction you are going to listen to every side quest and repeatable quest all over again? If so, you really are a tolerant person.

People say that this game has incredible replay value, that is so far from the truth it's not even funny, the only thing that makes this game somewhat replayable is the main class quests, other than that it is absolutely painful to listen to sub-par voice acting and writing for the side quests.

Edited by PeacefulViolence

Then don't. No one is forcing you to, nor is it required for anything. If you bored and don't want to level an alt, then stop playing until there is more content out or you get the urge again. I don't understand how some one not wanting to play is somehow an issue that needs discussing in any way.

Then don't. No one is forcing you to, nor is it required for anything. If you bored and don't want to level an alt, then stop playing until there is more content out or you get the urge again. I don't understand how some one not wanting to play is somehow an issue that needs discussing in any way.

You don't get it do you, Bioware CAN address this issue, it can be remedied so easily but they choose to ignore us.

So basically you're saying that if you roll another character on the same faction you are going to listen to every side quest and repeatable quest all over again? If so, you really are a tolerant person.

People say that this game has incredible replay value, that is so far from the truth it's not even funny, the only thing that makes this game somewhat replayable is the main class quests, other than that it is absolutely painful to listen to sub-par voice acting and writing for the side quests.

I have 3 50s and I've listened to every convo. Do you know why? Because they are different for every single base class, and your responses are different as well. The only thing that stays the same is the actual quest.

I got a BH to 33 then decided to try a Force class for something different. I've always been a bit of an alt-hopper but this game is soooo linear that it makes creating alts fairly unattractive. I can't decide what zone(s) to go to after the first planet, my course is pre-determined for the great majority of the game.

Sure, each class's main story quests are different, but all the filler is the same. I'm tired of this game before I can even decide on which class I like best :(

Uh, what did you really expect. It's not like KOTOR1 or 2's storylines were that awesome-best-story-telling-in-the-history? Maybe it's just me, or then people are looking at them through rose-eyed glasses. Maybe it's just the hype, and people were expecting too much *shrug*

KOTOR1:

I mean, The main character is actually Revan? WOAH! TWIST OF THE YEAR INCLUDING LAST YEAR

:D

Uh, what did you really expect. It's not like KOTOR1 or 2's storylines were that awesome-best-story-telling-in-the-history? Maybe it's just me, or then people are looking at them through rose-eyed glasses. Maybe it's just the hype, and people were expecting too much *shrug*

KOTOR1:

I mean, The main character is actually Revan? WOAH! TWIST OF THE YEAR INCLUDING LAST YEAR

:D

KOTOR were single player games and for a single player RPG it was fantastic, this is an MMO and it's evident that this kind of story-telling does not belong in an MMO.

1) Its not a waste of time if you think the game is fun

2) If its not fun then DONT roll an Alt

The main point being is that NOBODY cares which way you go and to make a thread like this is just foolish. I am pretty sure that many find the story just fine.

To make a blanket statement that you assume that all the story lines will be bad based on one is just rediculous.

But from your past posts you barley had any desire to level the first one....so what's your point?

:rolleyes: