Lack of incentive to level via PVP

varietasplus

You get to level 70 from 65 in a few hours time if you play to story with all the XP buffs.

Levelling via warzones takes 5-10 times longer owing to the slow pop times and low ammount of XP you get for each warzone. Quite absurd.

Second, prior to the CXP system, it was benefitial for either your character or your legacy to play lower bracket PVP for you had got warzone commendations. Even if you could not exchange those for endgame gear at that moment, you could either stack those until you reach highest level or get medpacks/adrenals or later on, transfer the commendations among your alts.

So, what incentive is there now to play sub-70 warzones?

You get to level 70 from 65 in a few hours time if you play to story with all the XP buffs.

Levelling via warzones takes 5-10 times longer owing to the slow pop times and low ammount of XP you get for each warzone. Quite absurd.

Second, prior to the CXP system, it was benefitial for either your character or your legacy to play lower bracket PVP for you had got warzone commendations. Even if you could not exchange those for endgame gear at that moment, you could either stack those until you reach highest level or get medpacks/adrenals or later on, transfer the commendations among your alts.

I have enjoyed a lot.. leveling through PVP prior to 5.0.

sadly low and mid brackets are useless now as they give no components. So players have no reason to play them.

I haven't played mid or low PVP for almost 1 year and I was really enjoying the lower brackets long ago. 5.0 has made radical changes to the way I play and I'm pretty sure others are in the same boat.

I have leveled up most of my characters in warzones prior to 5.0, I don't care if it is slower because its fun, and I'm not going to do any story content more than once.

Lowbies/Midbies used to be a very active scene, it actually feels like a different game because the balancing is vastly different, without all those cheat death DCDs the environment is much more deadly and fast paced. If a sorc has bad positioning they are dead, no bubble or phasewalk, better pay attention! Also mercs don't have all of their cancerous heal-to-full utilities yet.

I wish Bioware would have an XP-off mechanic and remove the warzone limit for F2P accounts, then change the lowbie bracket to 26-50 and we could have amazing lowbie bracket.

Edited by KevinQCowart

I made this thread the other day with some suggestions on how to reinvigorate low lvl content, especially pvp.

If you're interested, have a read and post some support if you think the idea is any good.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=932400

Edited by Totemdancer

I have enjoyed a lot.. leveling through PVP prior to 5.0.

sadly low and mid brackets are useless now as they give no components. So players have no reason to play them.

I haven't played mid or low PVP for almost 1 year and I was really enjoying the lower brackets long ago. 5.0 has made radical changes to the way I play and I'm pretty sure others are in the same boat.

Yup. I have 1/2 a dozen mid-level Alts, that I was PvP-ing with. They've not got a single XP since the comms were taken away - ( and I'm still waiting for the credits compensation) - No reason or motivation to level them now.

• 10 months later...

Isn't the incentive that you like to PvP?

Necro much?

Yes, it was done on purpose and would knownthat if you read what I wrote.

The idea was to repost all the threads I could find on this topic since 5.0. The point was to show Bioware that this topic has been ignored long enough and to try and elicit a response from Bioware.

Yes, it was done on purpose and would knownthat if you read what I wrote.

The idea was to repost all the threads I could find on this topic since 5.0. The point was to show Bioware that this topic has been ignored long enough and to try and elicit a response from Bioware.

What would be your ideal scenario in which BW could make Low and mid level brackets of WZs appealing to other players for the purpose of leveling?

What would be your ideal scenario in which BW could make Low and mid level brackets of WZs appealing to other players for the purpose of leveling?

I don't know what Trixxie thinks, but I would say raise the XP gained and reward matches with Uassembled Components so people could save them up as they played lowbies/mids.

Like how the old WZ comms were accrued by lowbies/mids in the past. We used to save those up, and by the time you hit cap level, you could gear yourself with the WZ comms you had gained earlier.

I don't know what Trixxie thinks, but I would say raise the XP gained and reward matches with Uassembled Components so people could save them up as they played lowbies/mids.

Like how the old WZ comms were accrued by lowbies/mids in the past. We used to save those up, and by the time you hit cap level, you could gear yourself with the WZ comms you had gained earlier.

Agreed. As well as those others we discussed in your thread “that” was in the gen section an di can no longer find it?