Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trollarama
04.13.2012 , 08:49 AM | #251
Taking bets for when the servers are back up. i'm gona be optimistic and say an hour.

grandmthethird
04.13.2012 , 08:49 AM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by EldamirZercha View Post
people should quit their whining. At least the Americans get 30 days free, while the rest of us put up with the drama without bribe
30 days free here, not in america here :P
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Pythoris
04.13.2012 , 08:49 AM | #253
Oh no...

You mean all that money I spent on our guild bank is gone!?

You have got to be kidding me...
Inquisitor > all other classes. Yep, I totally went there.

Delfoo
04.13.2012 , 08:49 AM | #254
As in we compiled the stuff for the fixes on a sub version of 1.1 someone found somewhere on the svn or cvs and then applied that to the server without double checking? Cause it seems like a blown up version of that classical patch day nightmare.

Rikalonius
04.13.2012 , 08:49 AM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Torcer View Post
I’m not a game developer, but shouldn’t changes be tested before being pushed to live?
We do it to ourselves. Can you imagine a car company releasing a car that every model had to be recalled the day after they all arrived at the dealership, because it was suddenly using twice as much gas as advertised, and hundreds of thousands of models got sold. That company would probably be out of business, save a government bailout.

We players continue to not only give them money, but continue to play the game. We take the car in for recall, get it fixed, wasting a day, only to find out now the dashboard gauges don't work, and they can't get you into fix it for six weeks because of backlog.

Sambril
04.13.2012 , 08:50 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by NeilPeart View Post
Because in space no one can hear you scream.
+10 internets for you
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

MrTab
04.13.2012 , 08:50 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Torcer View Post
I’m not a game developer, but shouldn’t changes be tested before being pushed to live?
That's a great idea. Someone please forward to Bioware.

This additional downtime has just cost me £50. Was thinking Bioware would sort thier mess out but I was massively wrong so just went and pre-purchased GW2.

Got about 2 months left on my paid sub...hopefully GW2 will be out by then.

No more cash from me you bunch of incompetents.

Rajhiim
04.13.2012 , 08:50 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSublimitas View Post
NO, we have a legitimate reason to be upset. BW pulls this crap without warning?! What MMO does that???!!!! Why would you even tolerate this type of crap??!! And I think we, as the TOR community, need to stand together and DEMAND from BW to refund us time lost due to their continual incompetence.

And don't defend their horrible actions either. Tell me this. What's going to happen if they tell you they made a major error, like it would be the first time - right??, and all the guild banks with all your stuff and MONEY (including the 600K) was LOST - i.e., erased due to server error or file corruption. What are you going to say then? "Oh it's ok, I'm a biodrone and if BW lost my stuff, I still have faith in them, love them and worship the ground they trod upon... they can do no wrong...."

Aren't you ppl sick and tired of all these problems already by now??? We're WAY past the, "TOR just released, it's a new game phase." It's time that BW/EA start getting their act together. Because frankly, I'm sick and tired of having more downtime than playtime.

We need to DEMAND to be refunded game time or have them give us something ingame, mount, pet, something for all of these issues. When Trion (from Rift) screwed up they compensated us with a trinket that increased our ability to get 10% more money from mob drops. Yeah, it was a small trinket but guess what, it showed that Trion cared about their community, they fessed up and said they made a big mistake, we're sorry and here's something for you. When was the last time that BW did that for us besides price gouging????

Time for us to take a stand....
I agree this sucks -- but I seriously doubt BW woke up this morning, "hey, let's roll back the patch and screw everyone." Accidents happen, and rarely is an accident cool and fun.
9/29/2011

GalaxyDude
04.13.2012 , 08:51 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Rajhiim View Post
Chances are good (99.999%) the only thing wrong are the vehicles to the new content (ie. the interface between players and GB, zones/zoning mechanics) so they're probably busy pushing those devices back into the client.

Yeah, it's a massive screw up... but a lasting one? Probably not. Sorry Europe, your Friday night may have just become TOR-free. Gonna be a busy pub night I think =P
Not this night, tonight will be all about dungeon crawling (or is it crawling through a dungeon? ) in Legend of Grimrock! Alternatively, there's a Civilization V or Settlers 7 session waiting to be played.
[The Supremacy Legacy]
- Stygos - LvL 50 Sith Inquisitor (Healing) // Jar'Kai Sword
- Raveere - LvL 50 Jedi Sage (Healing) // Jar'Kai Sword
Mending your pitiful souls since December 2011.

deanogee
04.13.2012 , 08:51 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Pythoris View Post
Oh no...

You mean all that money I spent on our guild bank is gone!?

You have got to be kidding me...
Our guild "had" 18 million in the bank - guess all that time selling and saving credits in 1.1 was a waste