Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

JediFlux

I have no issues with the idea behind the warzone. It seems well polished and has a good sense of having to hold nodes, but also the white balls or whatever in the middle as a gathering objective. The explosion is a fun and enjoyable mechanic with the threat of pushing people out of the middle is great fun. The huge huge issue that I have with the WZ is that it makes coordination and teamwork irrelevant. If the other team is better geared or has healers there is pretty much zero chance that you will win. I haven't done it in ranked yet since our ranked nights are tonight, however I am sure that it can be quite fun.

The reality is normal queues are where most of the action occurs so that is what I am discussing here. I have been in several matches where we have a coordinated pug team. As coordinated as a pug can be mind you. What I mean by that is mid was controlled...we were running more white balls back and captured 1 node every round. We lost by 150 points. The other team had a premade and was killing my team over and over again because we had no healers and they were all better geared. So the team that was doing a better job since I know for a fact we took way more white balls to our node and because of the gear and the healers we had a zero chance of winning. I mean yes we could double cap, but we all know against competent players that will very rarely happen.

The warzone has a ton of objectives to deal with in the two nodes, 6 second cap, explosion, controlling mid, and running the white balls. Why add the kill thing that does nothing but make gear and composition the sole way to win the match. It really screws up the normal queue way of playing it and there is no reason to have the kill thing in it. The matches would be extremely fun without it and make the white balls and mid even more important which would generate a lot of kills. This would require people to actually watch the white ball caps and prevent people from getting out of there with them. Instead over geared/premade teams just have to cap their one node and destroy people with their better gear and the other team will lose by a ton of points. Or if one team zones in with some healers and the other doesn't you pretty much lost as well which is not always the case in places like voidstar, novare, or even huttball sometimes. It makes no sense in terms of objective pvp matches.

A great game made a mistake a long time ago with their pvp when they turned to kills instead of objectives. I have always loved playing games where it is irrelevant how many times I die, how little damage I do, how few kills I have, or how few medals I get as long as I focus on objectives we can win. Slowing people between nodes in novare, voidstar, or civil war isn't glamorous, but it wins matches and people need to be able to commit to objectives. Instead of saying, oh well I better not go do that objective thing because I will die too much or not get enough kills and we will lose. So in conclusion why have the kill points thing? It would still be an immensely fun map to play even with that removal and I think it will keep the spirit of everything you folks are trying to do with the map. Hope you actually read this one! :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in short after reading your post...and yes I gave what seemed to be another whiner a chance and read the whole post....

Basically you want the game to be more based on who can daisy chain some boxes down to the core faster and be totally objective based because you are bad and have trouble killing people. I think UPS or the Amazon.com warehouse are looking for people like you...you can make a game of real life warehouse work.

All the other WZ are already more objective based than actual fight statistic based....leave this one alone its fine.

Some people like kill counts and taking on a pack of 3-5 people with just two and overcoming it....or completely wiping out a group that has no concept of group PVP that has been around since the START OF MMMOs (obviously no its not WoW - trolls please let it go)

Point is, its PvP - to the hardcores, the oldschoolers and otherwise more PvP focused gamers "objectives" are something new to PvP...scores werent kept or tallied in old PvP...names and legacies and bragging rights were spread from the community from being known one way or another.

I come from a time where PvP meant going around and killing anyone in sight (RED YOUR DEAD) taking their crap/loot/gold/armor and raiding peoples PVE Dungeons just to take their loot after they did the work.

To your post I say grow a pair and learn to overcome your carebear hand held world of MMOs and adjust yourself to what PvP is...

While I have some issues or doubts of aspects of this new battleground - the kill score/multiplier is the best part either be better or get served and take a lesson.

Each WZ is different. Is that so bad? They each require different things and not everyone will enjoy all 4. I hardly see a reason to complain here.

NC - Your ability to properly attack and defend nodes

Voidstar - Your ability to properly attack and defend nodes

Huttball - Your ability to navigate obstacles and score

Hypergate - Your ability to kill

Its a deathmatch WZ. You may not like it, but I don't think its asking to much for people to just chill out and let us deathmatchers enjoy the map. If anything, the complaint should be that you want a way to avoid a certain map, not that the map should be removed.

On a side note, I enjoy coming up with ways to win the new WZ. It seems like many people are lemmings with no motivation whatsoever, and really are clueless on that map. They just run around at random because they can't be bothered to stop and think about what would help them win. I feel like by suggesting a strategy to my team, we already know a secret that the other team doesn't know.

I have no problem with different warzones. When you base a warzone on kills all it does it mean composition and gear is everything. You could have the most coordinated team that has no healers and you cannot win because the team with the healers won't die as much. I have played a ton of voidstars where you can have no healers and still win. You have a chance at winning in the new WZ you have no chance at all.

I have no problem with different warzones. When you base a warzone on kills all it does it mean composition and gear is everything. You could have the most coordinated team that has no healers and you cannot win because the team with the healers won't die as much. I have played a ton of voidstars where you can have no healers and still win. You have a chance at winning in the new WZ you have no chance at all.

I find it fascinating you never have a healer in your 50 pug. I'm a healer hybrid but almost 50% of WZ's I roll in have 2 healers of some type besides me. At least once a night, I literally respec to DPS at the start for fear of not having enough team DPS. Too many healers fail to recognize how easy it is to contribute a little situational DPS as they heal.

I like the new zone at 50, but you are DEAD on with 10-49 scenarios with this. So much so that, if I don't see our team having a healer I quit the warzone (I'm a sniper, I can't possibly spec into heals).

It's not worth participating in.

Edited by islander

Two major problems:

1. The barrier is moving way too slow. You can stand that for what feels like a minute ......just to have the nodes go off when it's time to exit. So then you have to stay there yet another duration. It's incredibly frustrating and boring, to the point that I'd rather play VS...and I HATE VS.

2. Pug-zones, no one seems to have grasped that you either have to carry orbs or kill stuff. I've been in countless games now where my stupid team mates have camped the node while the other team has ran orbs and killed me, since I was the only one even attempting to go mid.

They should let us veto atleast one warzone.

Edited by MidichIorian

I like AH and think it's total fun. Though it really is completely useless to collect the orbs. I collected them for a good part, but just being in the middle and killing as many enemies as possible is simply the wiser thing to do, doesn't seem like the orbs contribute that much to your score. And if all your opponents are in the middle and two or three of your team are collecting orbs, then you are missing manpower in the middle and your team gets crushed. But, yeah, DM is fun.

I like AH and think it's total fun. Though it really is completely useless to collect the orbs. I collected them for a good part, but just being in the middle and killing as many enemies as possible is simply the wiser thing to do, doesn't seem like the orbs contribute that much to your score. And if all your opponents are in the middle and two or three of your team are collecting orbs, then you are missing manpower in the middle and your team gets crushed. But, yeah, DM is fun.

Yeah after the second day I realized orb loading is less time efficient then actually just zerg killing enemies.

Give it maybe two months or so, and the rest of the game will figure it out.

Anytime you are in a group with no healers or a group with lousy gear, the odds are against to you to begin. And if the deck is stacked at least this warzone gives you a chance to win if you cap both pylons?

For whatever reason, I havn't lost this WZ in days. On my 50 shadow, the pub pugs usually have an edge over imp pugs, but on my lowbie Sorc the opposite is true. As a lowbie imp we lose more often than we win, especially in alderaan, huttball, novare, but i've won every single hypergates. Its like their deathmatch, low coordination strategy can finally flourish! As long as we're holding 1 pylon it usually means a win.

I still need to do more of these to see if this is indeed true, or if something else is at play here.

I agree about imperial 10-49's. They are really bad on Prop5. Shockingly bad, considering how I feel Imperial pugs generally compare to Republic ones at 50. If you see Gìllies online sometime (alt-0236 for the first i) send me a tell. level 22 sniper, working on him mostly these days.

Sick of not having the crit buff on demand.

Edited by islander

LOL... so was this post made because of your 55k dmg, 5 kill, 8 death 0 protection game you had with us where you did more to win than anyone else in the game? hahaha sorry but its fantastic how it is. Have a good day Mr. Elite Warlord. [/sARCASM] Edited by sithhunter_

Anytime you are in a group with no healers or a group with lousy gear, the odds are against to you to begin. And if the deck is stacked at least this warzone gives you a chance to win if you cap both pylons?

Pretty much this.

I don't get why people say coordination and teamwork are irrelevant. I have found them to be very relevant. Especially with how spread out you can be in this warzone and how people are often constantly on the move, having coordination can really be the difference maker.

But equally the difference maker is having a healer vs having no healers. This has always been an issue in every warzone, and I don't see that it's any different here.

Personally I like the new warzone. The only real issue I have is what I see as a low probability of making a comeback. Just falling behind means that the other team only has to maintain the status quo to win. That is, if they're ahead they just need to keep capturing a node every round and they'll probably win unless they suddenly start falling way behind in kills, so yes you might say that it favors fully geared out teams even more than usual in that aspect. And if you go one round without controlling a pylon when the explosion goes off it's pretty much game over. Very easy for this warzone to become a foregone conclusion quickly, at least in my experience so far.

I find myself agreeing with you Fluxs, I actually only found out last night that kills help you gain points in that warzone. I kept wondering how the enemy team would get ahead of us when we captured more Orbs than they did. In one match last night it was just as you described, we had no healer, the Imps did, and they were just sitting right outside the center area near our pylon. What they were doing was blocking our team from mid, and they had about 4 smasher bombers backed up by one healer just slaughtering everyone. Point being, if you don't have a healer and your opposing team does then game over. Kill count should not be an objective in warzones.

The orbs are worth 2 player kills which makes them useless. The orbs are useless because it takes time to get them and run them back. During that time, your team mates are dying and you could have killed more than 2 in the middle.

This game is all about stealthers mezzing people at the pylons. Get 2 pylons once and it is an automatic win.

Other than that, kill people in the middle.

I agree with you 100% flux. It's literally decided on the composition, not player skill or strategy. In other warzones, it didn't matter if the enemy had a healer and you didn't if you played the objectives well. Here, it determines who wins because objectives are second to kills. As Myrm said you literally have 1 healer and then 3-4 smasher bombers just camping mid, you die before you even make it in. It's a shame that in order to win that Warzone you have to queue with a certain composition. Other warzones it didn't matter. This new wz is essentially team deathmatch. Idk why they even bothered putting in "objectives".

As for him putting Elite Warlord, probably to show that he's not some random QQer. This guy has been here for a long time, and knows his stuff, and I don't say that sarcastically. ;)

Hypergate is basically voidstar 2.0

If you like voidstar, there is a good chance you will like this.

I hate voidstar so I hate this crap warzone as well.

Voidstar is based on kills only for FIRST door ties. It's a tie breaker, not an objective in the game. There's no comparison between VS and AH.

You can definitely win this map with no healers. You can definitely not win this map with 2-3 utterly terrible DPS. I inspect everyone right off the bat and then see how the first thirty seconds go, much as I do in most other games.

You can't reliably win the other warzones with no healers. Huttball is almost 100% a loss with no heals, ACW is a loss with no heals, NC can be won if your entire team is on the ball. Voidstar is by far the easiest warzone to win with no healers as long as you also have no crappy DPS.

Edited by Racter

Voidstar is based on kills only for FIRST door ties. It's a tie breaker, not an objective in the game. There's no comparison between VS and AH.

Both maps are dictated by the team with more healers and slightly better gear. Then we have the occasional stealth plant/capture. It is voidstar 2.0

You can definitely win this map with no healers. You can definitely not win this map with 2-3 utterly terrible DPS. I inspect everyone right off the bat and then see how the first thirty seconds go, much as I do in most other games.

You can't reliably win the other warzones with no healers. Huttball is almost 100% a loss with no heals, ACW is a loss with no heals, NC can be won if your entire team is on the ball. Voidstar is by far the easiest warzone to win with no healers as long as you also have no crappy DPS.

All pvp classes in this game are either dps or healer.

There are no tanks. Tank specs are nothing more than classes with additional crowd control abilities.

There are no crappy dps classes, only crappy geared players.

Edited by xxdragonragexx