Vanguard DPS stats to prioritize?

Pondara

So I am playing a DPS vanguard, Assault spec, and I would like to know if there is a set stat priority for us yet in relation to crit/surge/power, and also what is the amount of accuracy need to reach the hit cap?

I have looked around, but without a combat log, accurate theory-crafting info is hard to come by.

crit is chance to crit.

surge is how big the crit can be

power is bonus damage

Alacrity reduce your cast time and your push back.

Personally I would go for crit + surge before power and alacrity.

PS: ability attacks always have 100% to hit. You only need to care about aim when you use your default attack. But you want to stack Aim anyway as that adds to your base damage too.

Edited by Sunrock

PS: ability attacks always have 100% to hit. You only need to care about aim when you use your default attack. But you want to stack Aim anyway as that adds to your base damage too.

Source? I have missed with my abilities before. A miss is displayed as a successful dodge/parry/deflect.

I would think you'd want as little alacrity as possible. We don't have enough channeled abilities to really be affected by alacrity. Plus you aren't likely to chain them so you're more likely to just run out of ammo. I haven't tested any of this so please feel free to dispute my beliefs.

aim > all. by far.

endurance if you pvp or pve-tank is quite good.

that makes most of your gear choices right there. from there crit or surge is best.. crit > surge until your average crit rage is ~50-66%. then stack surge.

power, shield chance (helps regen), absorption are the next stats.

---

above may vary a bit for hardmode tanking.. haven't done that yet.

Edited by ururururu