Kai Zykken Merchant Feedback

EricMusco

Plz remove the RNG on the Armorings/mods/enhancements on the Kai vendor. when trying to get Modable gear upgrades (and from what I've seen this vendor is basically the only way for the armors or mods. I've gotten 4 mods from 15 Vet hammer station runs) it's really annoying to have to buy 2, or 3 items just to get the right mods for your piece of gear. Having a 300 armoring, 284 mod, and 302 Enhancenent is not a good idea. If the piece is a 300 item, make all of the armorings/mods/enhancements iLevel 300. Edited by Toraak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Prices are too high

2. Personally I would like it to have everything available always and not some random stuff that changes from week to week.

3. Even though the tool tip on the items he sells says bound to legacy, you cannot place it on legacy storage.

To #3, had the buyback timer expired yet? Gear that may be refundable after a sale and is semi-BoP (cannot be placed in Legacy storage) until the buy back timer expires, a mod is ripped out, or the item is mailed to an alt. Satisfy any of those conditions and the item becomes truly BoL.

How does the pricing feel on the items (tech fragments and credits)?

Do you feel like he has an adequate variety of items?

Anything else to add?

1. It's way too expensive when it comes to tech fragments, considering the amount we get from doing OPS and M FP's combined. I did 1 KP SM and 5-6 HS on Master mode and got around 600 tech fragments. Either drop the price or increase the amount of fragments we get from various activities.

2. I personally dont like the RNG part, because of it, I couldnt get the tactical item I wanted.

3. It would be good to be able to get implants, relics, MH/OH from him.

4. Also, mod vendor would be great to have, like the one we had on Odessen.

I also wanted to add that 3000 Tech Fragments cap should be increased, considering that it takes 1500 for one gear piece.

The concept of Kai is a good idea, but it really seems like someone is shooting themselves in the foot. During the stream you presented Kai as the "RNG has been bad to you, at least you can go to Kai to get what you want", but introducing RNG to the mods and enhancements puts us right back to RNGesus.

The Tech Fragment max needs to go up significantly (or just uncap it), and we either need to see a LOT more fragments drop or prices need to drop significantly.

Guys I'm one of the biggest white knights for the SWTOR team there is, but this system needs some major overhauls prior to 6.0

Regarding the Kai Zykken vendor specifically:

• Move Tacticals from Kai to another vendor. Give him a sidekick vendor, and put the Tacticals on the sidekick vendor (it can appear or not as Kai does).
  • Tacticals can stay expensive for TFs since you know exactly what you're getting and you'll only be buying a couple of them per toon (no RNG).
  • Kai's set bonus gear should be shells only with no mods, and the TF price should be reduced significantly.
  • RNG on the set bonus gear amplifiers should be related to your current character's load-out. So a Biochem character should get % chance for Adventuring bounty, a % chance for a Biochem buff, a % chance for a Bioanalysis buff, and a % chance for a Diplomacy buff. You should not be getting Armormech bonuses on a Biochem toon. Since the currency is Legacy, there is no reason you can't swap to your Cybertech toon to get Cybertech bonus gear. In general, reduce gear RNG all around to be related to things specific to the current toon and their current spec (and the gear they're wearing).
  • Remove the credit cost for the set bonus gear (paying money for RNG is gambling). Keep credit costs for the Tacticals (you know exactly what you're getting here, no RNG) .

General Gearing-related changes that should happen in conjunction with the above:

• Change Takanna to sell only MH, OH, Ear, Implant, Relics. People have plenty of options to acquire legacy or non-legacy moddable gear shells with no set bonus from elsewhere in the game to use before they can buy set bonus gear.
  • Add another vendor that sells the hilt, barrel, armoring, mods and enhancements w/random amplifier in exchange for TFs (you can buy specifically an Adept Enhancement, but the amplifier will remain RNG-locked). Price should be cheap and reflect what you can grind in a reasonable day's work (2-3 hours for non-crazy people). Add a cool set of color crystals to this vendor unique to the Onslaught expac (that also cost TFs).
  • Mods vendor should probably also have MK-11 kits in exchange for TFs + money and base green quality grade 11 augments for TFs + money. Make the MK-11 TF cost high enough that there can still be a market on the GTN for this for crafters. The augments it doesn't matter since base green augs are not the end-goal of gearing anyway.
  • With Kai only be available some of the time and the tiny amount of TFs you can carry, you could easily hit the TF max and be unable to spend TFs until Kai appears. This would discourage people from playing until Kai appears so they don't have an overage. Have Kai's sidekick vendor appear when he's not there so people have something end-gamey to spend TFs on all the time.
  • Generally, any currency that is legacy-bound (TFs in this case) should have a cap of 100,000 minimum
  • In general, you should be able to buy one set piece with mods (or Tactical) in a reasonable week's worth of gameplay. RNG and prices of the gear etc should be set with this in mind.
  • Running operations and getting loot off the Operations bosses should short-cut this time investment.
  • PvP, at this point, should be completely divorced from the PvE gear grind. Basically, there should be a PvP stat distribution screen where you can allocate a set of points based on your character level (and maybe your valor rank) to distribute to stats in three tiers (t1 - mastery, endurance), (t2 - defense, power), (3 - crit, alacrity, accuracy, shield, absorb). PvP queue won't let you (or your group) queue if you haven't allocated all stat points. Equipped gear should be completely ignored for PvP.

Edited by Citrienne

I understand very well what the items are from the vendors, but I also see that devs are inching toward a Korean MMO level of grind. You really haven't listened at all, and if you do not make SIGNIFICANT changes to drop %, breakdown value, and vendor costs, this game will lose a ton of players, including me.

I realize this is PTS and it's all very premature, but I'm not even sure I understand how devs thought we'd be able to test this? The prices are so high it will take weeks of running just to afford a single piece. I've run 8 Hammer MM, 1 Dxun, and 3 Hammer VM and still have barely enough to get a single RNG piece, and not even 1/2 way to a Kai Zykken piece. Add to that the layers of RNG from both vendors, and my stress and frustration level is high enough to probably quit the game if changes to this aren't massive.

Overall the level of stinginess in PTS - gear drops, vendor prices, breakdown value of gear, is at 'wicked witch of wallstreet' levels (google it).

I have to agree prices are ridiculous. If your trying to get people to leave this is the perfect formula. It is a game. Games are suppose to be fun. You don't have to Monty Hall it. Just make it reasonable.

Not sure why, but I couldn't access the Vendor and I tried between Friday to Monday on different toons. Did I miss one step? The only thing I had from the vender was the conversation, but couldn't access the "store"

Stuff is only available on Kai at certain times and days, and then he comes back with new stuff.

Should not be closed at all its dumb to be honest i work wierd times and when i get home and actually grind for a piece of gear i cant buy it lol so dumb never heard of this in a theme park mmo its not a sandbox one stop trying to make it so.:sul_confused: Edited by Skummy

Please please listen to whats being said I really want to log on this game and enjoy it again. Cost of TF's is to high for Kai, either raise the amount we accumulate and the max amount we can hold or lower the prices. Why is there a chance to get lower rated gear or the same rating gear that we are wearing when we are paying tf and (for kai) credits to upgrade it? (this is for both vendors). Please give us a VIABLE option to remove rng from our gearing this has been being asked forever now and it just seems like its ignored and all we get is more rng. I am LOVING the fact that we are getting lettered mods and enhancement choices agian great stuff!!! However I am not a fan of having them drop and rng either maybe a vendor that sells those mods upto and including 306 is the way togo. I am also noticing that on my merc I have IO chosen and I am still getting tank and healer gear I take it this is a bug? Please listen to the players on this!! Thankyou Edited by Leadplayer

I would suggest putting Armorings, mods, and enhancements on the Kai Zykken vendor. However, you should make it so you can only buy the iLevel you are, so people can't just purchase 306 iLevels right off the bat. Not sure if that is even possible to program or not, just a thought I had.

I would suggest putting Armorings, mods, and enhancements on the Kai Zykken vendor. However, you should make it so you can only buy the iLevel you are, so people can't just purchase 306 iLevels right off the bat. Not sure if that is even possible to program or not, just a thought I had.

Well they've managed to RNG everything in this game, I'm sure they could do that too.

Stuff is only available on Kai at certain times and days, and then he comes back with new stuff.

So is not all day Friday to Monday? I tried Saturday...nohting, Sunday nothing, Monday night nothing... if is not all day and only at specific times during the Friday to Monday then it's really bad.

I think Kai should sell his stuff for a different currency.

Right now the random box vendor and him share the tech fragments so if someone gambles all of their fragments away on the random box vendor and Kai shows up next day with the set bonus items they would have wanted it's going to feel pretty frustrating. Most people might not even use the rng box vendor so they save to buy from Kai.

Instead of tech fragments maybe Kai could trade his inventory for some scraps that the players would get from scrapping any unwanted gear pieces.

Should not be closed at all its dumb to be honest i work wierd times and when i get home and actually grind for a piece of gear i cant buy it lol so dumb never heard of this in a theme park mmo its not a sandbox one stop trying to make it so.:sul_confused:

It's like they looked at the concept of a traveling merchant in games like Stardew Valley* that have virtual days of the week in them and decided to apply the logic to real life days.

*Not implying that Stardew Valley invented the concept, just the first example of it another game I could think of.

"Play your way" is on the path to becoming a barb people use to sarcastically insult 6.0.

Edited by Rolodome

So is not all day Friday to Monday? I tried Saturday...nohting, Sunday nothing, Monday night nothing... if is not all day and only at specific times during the Friday to Monday then it's really bad.

Was your toon lvl 75? I had this exact situation when I tried to look at his stuff on my smuggler before I realised that I hadn't level-boosted him and he was still tooling around at level 70. :rolleyes:

He was selling a nice variety of legendary stuff at 3 pm eastern daylight time today, Saturday the 14th. But when I played Friday around 4 pm EDT he had nothing for sale. I thought he was supposed to be there continuously from Friday to Monday and change stock on a weekly basis, not hourly.

• 2 months later...

As someone who has off-hours play time.. I FRIGGING HATE IT. I can't get on till 2 am est or later.

Every time I go to him "sorry, sold out! come back later! "

Imagine going to a store and every time you do, they have nothing for sale. It isn't fun. It is frustrating.

As someone who has off-hours play time.. I FRIGGING HATE IT. I can't get on till 2 am est or later.

Every time I go to him "sorry, sold out! come back later! "

Imagine going to a store and every time you do, they have nothing for sale. It isn't fun. It is frustrating.

It’s on the weekend and takes less than 10 seconds to check. It also lasts from Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. So you have more than half of the days of the week to check. That’s 96 hours.

Edited by UltraFlashStar