Utterly Frusterated with EC HM

I have ran this ops many times with no issues, but for the past month the first two bosses have been bugging back, causing wipes for hours. the main issue is the Tanks boss. They always seem to randomly aggro, esp Stormcaller, not even our best tank with a proper Threat generation rotation + Taunts keep aggro and the turret always randomly turns away, and if we get lucky enough to hold aggro a freakin shield drops on the tank during the cast for defensive systems. This has never happened before, We learned that Storm caller has to be ahead for this to not happen yet it still does, I am just fed the **** up with bugs on the end game ops.

fix. this. ****.

I have ran this ops many times with no issues, but for the past month the first two bosses have been bugging back, causing wipes for hours. the main issue is the Tanks boss. They always seem to randomly aggro, esp Stormcaller, not even our best tank with a proper Threat generation rotation + Taunts keep aggro and the turret always randomly turns away, and if we get lucky enough to hold aggro a freakin shield drops on the tank during the cast for defensive systems. This has never happened before, We learned that Storm caller has to be ahead for this to not happen yet it still does, I am just fed the **** up with bugs on the end game ops.

fix. this. ****.

Haven't run into any issues on 8 or 16.

Dps people might have changed? Berserk / bloodlust before or during double destruction and now with fully augmenteted gear even though threat have been "fixed" most tanks haven't added augments for threat, but for mitation and survivability...your tank maybe have adjusted his accuracy to much?

I just put guard on highest dps dude on my start-tank to tank. And during dd I just tell my group to don't go all in when I twist and turn them evul beams.

PM link or spoiler link a swmonitor or mox log, and I can check where it goes wrong..

We dont have aggro-management problems / bugs.

Good luck.

As your DPS gets better, they WILL steal threat from the Stormcaller tank. Our Arsenal merc will turn the boss in the first round whenever his heat seeker missiles crits. Our solution is to 'take it easy' and use 3 DPS on Stormcaller to beat the second double destruction, After the first phase, we no longer have any threat issues.

fix. this. ****.

These are not bugs.

Disclaimer: I tank Stormcaller and I have ever since EC launched.

1) If you lose threat it's because i) you are not generating enough threat or ii) your DPS are generating too much. I'm inclined to think it is the former, not the latter. We have some really hard hitting DPS and I don't lose threat. If you have a Shadow or VG, I recommend putting them on Stormcaller as they have significantly higher threat ceilings than JKG.

2) Move out of it when it lands. It doesn't hit tanks that hard.

These are not bugs. You just need to clean up your execution.

Put 3 DPS on stormcaller then have one switch at 20% and the rest switch at 10%. Pushes ground phases faster this way thus preventing 2 double destructions/shield dropping on tank. Easier to do if you have alot of ranged DPS. Bring a marauder to put on the flame tank.

Surprisingly, your raids' overall DPS increasing (or decreasing) can affect things like the spawn of the lightning shield on stormcaller. When our DPS got more geared, we ran into this problem but had to find a way to adapt to it.

Some of the abilities are on a timer and happen consistently whereas others happen based on what % the boss HP is at. I can't remember which ability is on which type of cooldown, but tracking that information down and utilizing it was key for us adjusting to our increased DPS.

and if we get lucky enough to hold aggro a freakin shield drops on the tank during the cast for defensive systems. This has never happened before, We learned that Storm caller has to be ahead for this to not happen yet it still does

If a shield drops on the Stormcaller tank and you have someone outside dropping those then it's because Firebrand transitioned first. If they are really close in health then it may look like Stormcaller is transitioning first but the fact that you are getting shields on the Stormcaller tank tells me that Firebrand is transitioning first.

Nothing you mentioned sounds like a bug.

Edited by dominius

As your DPS gets better, they WILL learn how not to steal threat from the Stormcaller tank. Our Arsenal merc will turn the boss in the first round whenever his heat seeker missiles crits. Our solution is to 'take it easy' and use 3 DPS on Stormcaller to beat the second double destruction, After the first phase, we no longer have any threat issues.

Fixed it for you. Dead dps is bad dps.

Edited by Typeslice

Don't think we have seen bugs on the tanks in HM EC. However we did see the following bugs occasionally:

1. T&Z, HM EC, sometimes the yellow circle during berserk will randomly disappear from underneath the dps, even though dps is alive and well. This leads to a second yellow circle, but due to dps going too fast toth will jump and have berserk from previous phase before baradium toss.

2. HM kephess, walker 3rd dps phase, random bomber sometimes comes out (4th bomber) when walker is being killed. We usually cc him, so this isn't game breaking.

3. Minesweeper... sometimes the stealhed probe will NOT unstealth when tank tries to unstealth it through holo, but tank will be transported back up and has to fight elite again, and then summon probe again.

Other than that, we have the random lag spikes etc, sometimes leading to a wipe (e.g. taunting point on kephess or Toth jumps not showing up due to lag, and then when it shows up tank is dead or close to dying).

fix. this. ****.

I can confidently say that you're just bad. I suggest watching Youtube videos to learn your rotation.

Ambient clears 16 man Denova HM every week and we one shot every boss so I do know what I'm talking about. :D

I can confidently say that you're just bad. I suggest watching Youtube videos to learn your rotation.

Ambient clears 16 man Denova HM every week and we one shot every boss so I do know what I'm talking about. :D

You're so full of it, I bet you can't even clear 8 man story mode Eternity Vault. I see you walking around Bastion fleet like you're hot stuff, but I hear you get one shot by Acklays because your mitigation is so low. L2P, scrub.

You're so full of it, I bet you can't even clear 8 man story mode Eternity Vault. I see you walking around Bastion fleet like you're hot stuff, but I hear you get one shot by Acklays because your mitigation is so low. L2P, scrub.

The Acklay is the Juggernaut's natural predator.

As noted earlier, if you get a lightning spire on the tank its because your DPS is failing you and you recieved a 2nd double destruction before defensive systems.

If you get the second double destruction a lightning spire is going to be dropped on the tank's location @ the end of double destruction. Know this and profit.

Ambient's one of the top guilds in SWTOR (not as impressive as being a top WoW guild but still) I highly doubt you can refer to a member of their 16 man Operations groups as a "scrub." I suspect that the guy is a better player than either of us.

Ambient's one of the top guilds in SWTOR (not as impressive as being a top WoW guild but still) I highly doubt you can refer to a member of their 16 man Operations groups as a "scrub." I suspect that the guy is a better player than either of us.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the person you're quoting is also one of his guildmates. Could be wrong, but that's how I read it the first time.

Denova reminds me of the good old soa days when in order to kill him you needed the fight not to bug. I am on Tomb Freedon Lag and my guild and I clear denova HM on a weekly basis. We often have the following features:

1.Mobs randomly evade when we kill them before the first boss.

2. When fighting Yogi and BooBoo, yellow circle never turns blue and the person who brings it under the boss gets one shot.

3. When we fight the tanks, our healers kite. 7/10 they can't see the aoes or the plasma domes as they never show up on their screen. So we have learned that as soon as their hp drops down fast they are in a dome even though this is invisible.

4. After you beat the tanks, go at the minefield, get one shot because you lag and could not intrerrupt you get the lovely error 6002/9002 where all the mobs between the tank and the minefield respawn. To make matters even better you get an access violation to the operation where 5/8 people are stuck in an invisible wall outside denova not being able to move. Restarting the game does not help at all and one of my toons has been stuck there for 4 hours one time. Bottom line, Denova needs more attention from Bioware.

I am the main tank in my guild and my shadow holds aggro just fine. We are using one vanguard and one sage dps on the left tank. According to mox they both do 1800-1900 dps to control the double destruction. You can't expect not to lose aggro at all when these guys proc their abilities. Our vanguard turns the left tank for half a second but I get it back. He also stays in melee range to reduce his threat. The closer your dps the higher threat they generate. Seeing how dps is going up you cannot expect to hold aggro 100% when your tank does between 700-800. As I said, in a few fights i lose the tank for half a second but I get him back before he does any damage to anyone. On the right tank we have two sentinels and eventhough we control the double destruction as soon as I hear 'engaging defensive systems' I force speed down to prevent a dome on the tank.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the person you're quoting is also one of his guildmates. Could be wrong, but that's how I read it the first time.

:p i agree to your terms

Edited by Okuy

Dont you guys have people assigned to ground duty the whole fight? So noone on the tanks get the blue bubble thingys? Usually on 16 man we have 2 trooper dps 20k+ health on ground duty everyone else stands on the tank.

Dont you guys have people assigned to ground duty the whole fight? So noone on the tanks get the blue bubble thingys? Usually on 16 man we have 2 trooper dps 20k+ health on ground duty everyone else stands on the tank.

Thats not the bubble hes talking about. Its one of the bubbles that drops from defensive systems I believe. Easily avoided you just have to work out a good strat.

fix. this. ****.

Biggest problem right now melee tanks are having is holding threat. The full Tank spec isn't cutting it, and when they reducing the abilities like Crushing blow, well... the damage was helping with holding threat. Now most of our Tanks have went hybrid so that the damage litigation helps with the threat generation. Its a problem. Tanks should be able to hold threat, but the moment you have a decked out DPS with you, it causes headaches for the poor full Tank spec.