Shut up and drop everything -- watch this!

Nemarus

A small section of this work in progress was leaked a year or two ago, but the animator has just released the full short:

Oh man, those shots lifted right out of the TIE Fighter PC game... and dat TIE Bomber pilot... :eek:

(and sure, the rebel ships have visible deflector shields, but I am willing to accept that in return for this much awesome)

Edited by Nemarus

I love the macross / robotech feel, how the helmets pulled away. Reminds of all the time I spent with three betamax decks cutting together my favorite battles of those series as a kid.

edit:// I also loved Skywalker getting owned by the older tie pilot.

Edited by zaskar

Ooohhhh!!! He must've got some crowd-funding or something to finish it. I saw this years ago on YouTube but it was alot more concise, I think he ran out of money to do this. There were always lots of comments about how good it was, maybe someone of note at LucasArts caught wind of it and funded it or something? It was awesome years ago but it's even better now. Gratz to him on a job well done.

The bombers can behave like in other games - it's just that locking a missile is really hard, and the things that a bomber would excel at (such as hammering a structure) don't exist in GSF at all. With no reason to equip a proton (you're like a terrible strike at aiming it- no maneuvering, no booster, no speed), you take an option that works with the ship type.

Also, excellent video.

How many times watching it before it's considered a problem?

NEVER! This is just awesome - reminds me of the good old days watching Galaxy Rangers, Flash Gordon, Saber RIder, Defenders of the Earth and Bravestar as a kid.

Also makes me feel really old...

How many times watching it before it's considered a problem?

Probably once you hit your data cap (if you have one) and have to pay extra cash to your ISP.

And that makes you go into debt.

And you can't pay off that debt.

Or if you lose your job because you get caught watching it all day.

And you can't find a new one that allows you to do just that.

Otherwise, not a problem.