Let's be honest the only thing that matters in PVP is the healers

Resiel

Its truth, whether im on any dps it really matters not they're all the same i can spam snipe, grav round, smash, or maul like a braindead moron or have a optimized 'skilled' rotation and my team wins and loses the same but if Im on my healer or my team has good healers boom win about every time. Healing and having healers is the only thing that matters in PvP in this game. They're so overpowered it's ridiculous. The End.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its truth, whether im on any dps it really matters not they're all the same i can spam snipe, grav round, smash, or maul like a braindead moron or have a optimized 'skilled' rotation and my team wins and loses the same but if Im on my healer or my team has good healers boom win about every time. Healing and having healers is the only thing that matters in PvP in this game. They're so overpowered it's ridiculous. The End.

I played a team in Civil War today. They were Pubs, I was Imp. The match started out terribly because nobody decided to take snow. My boyfriend and I stealthed grass and nabbed it because apparently nobody from their side wanted to get their node either.

So basically it was a terrible bloodbath at mid and I was getting annoyed that my team was so bad (save this awesome tank/healer duo that was also in the group) when suddenly someone grabbed snow. We ended up keeping myself and my boyfriend on grass, the tank/healer duo on snow and the rest of the team went wherever the opposite team zerged.

Then...it became obviously apparent that 80% of their team were healers. They couldn't dps any of us down no matter how much they tried and just sat there healing each other. Even with two of us, we held off an 8 man zerg until the rest of our team arrived.

So, while healers are a good thing (just like chocolate) too much of them can be a bad thing (or make you fat).

Edited by SystemProcess

I played a team in Civil War today. They were Pubs, I was Imp. The match started out terribly because nobody decided to take snow. My boyfriend and I stealthed grass and nabbed it because apparently nobody from their side wanted to get their node either.

So basically it was a terrible bloodbath at mid and I was getting annoyed that my team was so bad (save this awesome tank/healer duo that was also in the group) when suddenly someone grabbed snow. We ended up keeping myself and my boyfriend on grass, the tank/healer duo on snow and the rest of the team went wherever the opposite team zerged.

Then...it became obviously apparent that 80% of their team were healers. They couldn't dps any of us down no matter how much they tried and just sat there healing each other. Even with two of us, we held off an 8 man zerg until the rest of our team arrived.

So, while healers are a good thing (just like chocolate) too much of them can be a bad thing (or make you fat).

Youre probably right too many is a bad thing but in the hundreds maybe thousands of warzones ive been in the times we've had too many healers i can count on my hand, Healing is so easy and boring most people dont actually want to do it so theres usually never too many, which is all the more silly that healing is the main decider of pvp in this game.

Youre probably right too many is a bad thing but in the hundreds maybe thousands of warzones ive been in the times we've had too many healers i can count on my hand, Healing is so easy and boring most people dont actually want to do it so theres usually never too many, which is all the more silly that healing is the main decider of pvp in this game.

The point of my post was that not only was their team bad at tactics, but the healers cost them the game.

I'd say no matter how balanced a team is tank/heals wise, it's possible for a strategic pug to beat them. It's all a matter of out-playing your opponent. It's one of the main reasons I even PvP!

I would say what matters is: good team composition. Stop whining about 8 ppl dps team who is losing to a team with two healers, tanks and dps. In warhammer online where scenarios were the same thing as here wzs a team wihout a healer was every time crashed by the opponents, who had tanks and heal, thats the way it goes. Nobody wept back then: "Omg why healers are so usefull in pvp, they can keep ppl alive, what an outrage. Stop whining about it, group with a healer ;)

Not to mention in Age of Reckoning healers had detaunt, uber survival tool, a debuff for the attacker that took away 50% of their dmg.

Edited by szczypaczek

You are going to see people "spamming" these abilities but in reality the ones that do are not doing anything really. Spamming maul is the best way to kill your force, you cannot really spam smash, you need to use TM to proc abilities (I do have a merc and when played right is effective in regs) and snipers have not been as as I thought they would be so far. The people you see doing these things are not really doing anything and hurting themselves over the person who is utilizing proper rotations.

I thought healers were in a good place in 1.7. Having one or two was definitely an advantage. They could put out some serious numbers, and generally their place in the meta-game seemed fair. Devastating if left alone, could handle one or maybe two attackers for a little while, and crumbled under focus fire.

Now, though, it seems having one or two healers is a huge advantage when facing a team with none.

I thought healers were in a good place in 1.7. Having one or two was definitely an advantage. They could put out some serious numbers, and generally their place in the meta-game seemed fair. Devastating if left alone, could handle one or maybe two attackers for a little while, and crumbled under focus fire.

Now, though, it seems having one or two healers is a huge advantage when facing a team with none.

If you go through these forums you'll see a common theme. Posts about TTK being to quick. How OP everyone else is. Healers are too powerful, I can't solo them like I did in my sleep pre 2.0.

So you can literally read from one extreme to another on these forums and do you know why? Because most DPS in this game are bad players. Let me say this clearly so people don't get offended. Pre 2.0 a team of 8 DPS could easily win. Why? Because damage was out of control. You would see few healers if any in pugs, because they could barely function without a guard. So now all those same players just smashing keys and not using CC/interrupts properly can't kill anyone due to healers.

The game needs to be balanced around group play. Not soloing each other. In group play a healer will go down hard and fast to focus fire and CC. Right now Skill > Derp and I like it that way.

P.S. The number of derp smashers and PT's crying is pretty hilarious. No more instantly killing players with their overly "complicated" rotations.

Edited by dalin

If you go through these forums you'll see a common theme. Posts about TTK being to quick. How OP everyone else is. Healers are too powerful, I can't solo them like I did in my sleep pre 2.0.

So you can literally read from one extreme to another on these forums and do you know why? Because most DPS in this game are bad players. Let me say this clearly so people don't get offended. Pre 2.0 a team of 8 DPS could easily win. Why? Because damage was out of control. You would see few healers if any in pugs, because they could barely function without a guard. So now all those same players just smashing keys and not using CC/interrupts properly can't kill anyone due to healers.

The game needs to be balanced around group play. Not soloing each other. In group play a ahealer will go down hard and fast to focus fire and CC. Right now Skill > Derp and I like it that way.

P.S. The number of derp smashers and PT's crying is pretty hilarious. No more instantly killing players with their overly "complicated" rotations.

Think some more, your talking about balance problems pre 2.0? Your not thinking about the future implications of the healing overpowering, it's been a few weeks. Think about all augmented conq and what that will mean when someone can drop 1.5 million in heals, has stealth, and can roll spam defend nodes and doors forever.

Haven't you noticed most matches can't get beyond the first door? Haven't you noticed most nodes that are taken stay taken 90% of the time? Haven't you noticed a jugg ball carrier and a healer combo beats you 6-0 every time?

You play and POT5 in pvp and I recognize none of your chars, which means you are not serious PVP. That's why you like 2.0 and defend pure garbage.

I honestly haven't seen an issue with healers yet. Cycao is correct - many DPSers try to be turrets without being the support as well. I think it's easy for people to get focused on someone as well, like that tank that just won't die even if they know he is getting leet healz.

Even on my GS/Sniper it is imperative to be tabbing on the other players as needed. Use your debuff, CC the guy not getting attacked, but about to attack, stay above and by pillars. These are just a few of the simplest tactics every GS/Sniper should use, but I see underused so often.

My first Warzone under 2.0 I topped healing on my team and I was a Darkness Sin...

I've noticed (on Prog) a large number of Rep teams rolling with lots of Scoundrels and Sages. Even the non-premades have more healers than appear to PvP on Imp side and it does swing the balance. The other problem is that in most warzones I've had to tell the team to focus on the healers. I mark them all up because no-one else seems to want to and every time we fight, I'm the only one attacking them so get taken out by the ranged DPS guarding them while the rest of my team focussed on the tanks or melee DPS.

While healers can be very useful and have a profound impact on a teams performance, terribads learning what to do and working as a team would even that out.

Healing is fun as hell , pve and pvp, especially when u can dps as well, dunno where u get boring

their are two problems with healers.

you either have none or to much of them in your team.

a proper matchmaker would fix that issue.

Matchmaking with field respect could be a little useless ^^

As for the healing in 2.0, I agree that it is too powerful and I'm speaking from a healer perspective (got a sorc, scoundrel and commando). and from a dps perspective (got a sentinel). It's so funny when a bunch of people try to kill my commando and I just keep healing myself until they forfeit and turn to the dps ^^. But when I'm on my sentinel and unleash on a healer and it looks like I'm just tickling him to his half life just to see his bar raise up to full, then the frustration comes in. But for the sake and the enjoyability of the game, I would sacrifice, by nerfing, my 3 healers without any hesitation. Recently, at the beginning of some wz, people ask ''Any heals?''. If no one answer ''Here'', you get a lot of X, Y, Z left the game. Yes having a healer on your team should be an advantage, but right now the advantage is too big witch explain that I get a win about 3x more when I'm on one of my healer vs my dps ^^

Edited by Malistrix

The game needs to be balanced around group play. Not soloing each other. In group play a healer will go down hard and fast to focus fire and CC. Right now Skill > Derp and I like it that way.

You quoted me, but I can't tell if you agree or disagree, since you were too busy telling everyone they suck while implicitly saying you are awesome.

Ran a Novare last night... our team did 1.7 million damage total, nobody had more than one kill, and we had a cumulative team total of 5 kills. (I'm pretty sure it was all one stealther that we caught alone away from their group)

It seems the challenge we face is either no healers and getting killed in two seconds with stupidly bolstered attacks, or facing a team with healers and not being able to do any damage.

PVP Balance is broken. It's time for BioWare acknowledge that, roll back the 2.0 bolster changes, and TEST stuff before pushing it to live servers.

In my opinion they should have changed the 10-49 bracket to 10-50 with no expertise, releveled WH/EWH gear to level 51+, and toned down the ridiculous 60% damage boost that easily obtained expertise gives.

The last couple nights on POT5 I've been grinding comma on my newly 55 sent. In well over half those games no one on my pug team got more than 4 kills total for the match. We did win 1 game in that situation with limited or no heals on our side (healer disc'd half way in) vs 6 on theirs but the game didn't feel like a win with them all having 20 or more kills each vs our small handful of "yay I got one" holler counts. It seems like many healers focus on "teamwork" where they all stay huddled and alive while dps spreads out more looking for opportunities to ninja (even when they should be guarding or trying to zerg).

TTK is fast in lowbie games with players that don't heal or guard. In lvl 55 right now against a team with decent healers TTK is too high. That will just get worse as everyone gets geared.

After pvping a bit last night in 55s, I've noticed a trend. The winning team is the one with the most healers, hps far outpaces dps currently. Maybe when everyone is geared and augmented it will be different, or maybe more extreme.

Feels like 1.2 before the healing nerf again.

So what happens when both sides have healers? Do both side just spam click on a node and hope someone gets lucky?

I had a game of Voidstar that was 0-0 where we lost on kills (something like 15-30). The enemy side had 4 healers and healed 3 million, and we have one healer. But two of our DPS combined for 200K damage while the rest of the DPS numbers ranged from 600-900K. Given that the average player has considerably less than 30K HP and we definitely killed some people, it'd seem logical if the other two DPS did the average (600K apiece) we'd have comfortably beat them in kills, even though the score is likely still going to be 0-0. Or you can cry about how they had 4 healers and you only have 1 and ignore the fact that two of your guys are deadweights.

After pvping a bit last night in 55s, I've noticed a trend. The winning team is the one with the most healers, hps far outpaces dps currently. Maybe when everyone is geared and augmented it will be different, or maybe more extreme.

Feels like 1.2 before the healing nerf again.

The entire game feels like it's been rolled back to 1.2. The main thing that boils my blood is the fact that BW was told about all of these things when 2.0 was on the PTS. Naked bolster, godlike healers, top tier pvp gear not being as good as pve gear in WZ with bolster. They were told ALL of these things and they did nothing. Nothing at all. They held up the original release of ranked warzones because they "didnt match their expectation of quality", yet they released this with a giant smile knowing full well bolster was going to be messed up.

Then to add more insult to insult they decided to try and fix this mess by turning everyones pvp gear into pve gear. Most were upset about it yesterday until they realized just use pve gear without mods and you can get better stats that will actuall pvp gear. It's all so sad it's laughable.

If players really want to show how much they dissapprove of what they've done here in 2.0, unsub. Even if you resub in a few days, let them know you're paying attention and let them know in that comment area that you won't support broken products.

Think some more, your talking about balance problems pre 2.0? Your not thinking about the future implications of the healing overpowering, it's been a few weeks. Think about all augmented conq and what that will mean when someone can drop 1.5 million in heals, has stealth, and can roll spam defend nodes and doors forever.

Haven't you noticed most matches can't get beyond the first door? Haven't you noticed most nodes that are taken stay taken 90% of the time? Haven't you noticed a jugg ball carrier and a healer combo beats you 6-0 every time?

You play and POT5 in pvp and I recognize none of your chars, which means you are not serious PVP. That's why you like 2.0 and defend pure garbage.

I haven't updated my Sig in quite a while. My Main is Vibro. Not that it matters in the least, as my opinion is as valuable as yours. I suggest taking that vacation you need. The future is the future and nerfs/buffs will happen. Let's try waiting till people actually get geared up. 1.2 was the perfect example of what not to do. Which is what you are asking for now.

You quoted me, but I can't tell if you agree or disagree, since you were too busy telling everyone they suck while implicitly saying you are awesome.

I did answer you. Healing in 1.7 was a mess without a full group (premade) due to damane being superior to healing. Has it swung too far in the other direction? Maybe, but that's Biowares decision. I don't hold with the idea that because healers are hitting high numbers in WZ's that they should be automatically nerfed to the ground again. Mainly due to the fact that heals, heal for more and have larger health pools to fill.

Right now the pvp game is all about team work. If you have no/bad heals you will probably lose. I've been in games where I've hit 1+ mil in heals and still lose because there are DPS out there that struggle to break 100k at 55. It's just the sad truth.

Edited by dalin

Better get used to encountering multiple Healers in WZs when playing an opponent with half a brain, especially when they are defending. Sorcs/Sages, Ops/Scoundrels, and amazing as it sounds, even Mercs/Commandos Field Respeccing are key classes in the present and will be in the Rated future.

With all of the Sorcs/Sags and Ops/Scoundrels in the game, NO WZ match should lack in Healing. If you are lacking in healing, it's because players are failing to adapt to the needs of objective/team play.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Better get used to encountering multiple Healers in WZs when playing an opponent with half a brain, especially when they are defending. Sorcs/Sages, Ops/Scoundrels, and amazing as it sounds, even Mercs/Commandos Field Respeccing are key classes in the present and will be in the Rated future.

With all of the Sorcs/Sags and Ops/Scoundrels in the game, NO WZ match should lack in Healing. If you are lacking in healing, it's because players are failing to adapt to the needs of objective/team play.

Huttball is the only WZ that can be won in a purely defensive manner (just have to grab the ball before they do), and even there, running lots (more than 2) healers means you have less ball carrier killing classes because healers can never grapple and grapple can kill anybody in Huttball.

Say you have 4 healers in Novare Coast. It's likely you will never lose a node, but how do you cap middle without killing the other side? Well you can use exploits, but there's nothing stopping the other side from doing the same.