TK and Project

SeppTB

I'm curious to hear from some higher level Telekinetic Sages, when did you stop using Project regularly? Or did you ever?

Looking at the talent trees, Project seems to be intended for Balance and Disturbance for Telekinetic. But at level 20, I use Project every time its off cooldown. It hits harder than Disturbance and has that tiny stun, and I can cast it while moving. Between Project, Throw, Mind Crush and Weaken Mind (I open with TK Wave) I almost never have time to press Disturbance.

When more of the talent synergies deeper in the tree hit, did you guys find you used Disturbance more over Project? Maybe in group situations Disturbance sees more use?

Not too important I guess, but I'm curious =)

Disturbance procs many other abilities, it is also more force efficient. Spamming project in a boss fight will run you out of force fairly quickly.

shot for shot project does more damage, but add in all the procs and efficiency of disturbance in its the clear winner.

just my 2 cents.

I'm curious to hear from some higher level Telekinetic Sages, when did you stop using Project regularly? Or did you ever?

Looking at the talent trees, Project seems to be intended for Balance and Disturbance for Telekinetic. But at level 20, I use Project every time its off cooldown. It hits harder than Disturbance and has that tiny stun, and I can cast it while moving. Between Project, Throw, Mind Crush and Weaken Mind (I open with TK Wave) I almost never have time to press Disturbance.

When more of the talent synergies deeper in the tree hit, did you guys find you used Disturbance more over Project? Maybe in group situations Disturbance sees more use?

Not too important I guess, but I'm curious =)

Leveling? I still use it all the time. It's horribly inefficient but the stun helps control weak mobs (especially if they close to melee on me, as then I use it to set up a quick tumult).

That said you're right, Project is absolutely intended for Balance. It still hits decently hard for TK, and be cast while moving. In flashpoints and at endgame though don't expect to use it. By then you'll be focusing on your optimal dmg rotation for elites/bosses, not keeping critters off your back. It also becomes incredibly less useful the second you get Force Quake (lvl 34).

And yes, I used disturbance more and more the more I leveled up, the procs it gives are simply insane. The key is treat disturbance as a gateway ability, not a primary nuke. It's intended to fill rotational gaps and provide regen/procs, not deal heavy dmg. Most of your DPS is going to instead come from Weaken Mind, Turbulence Auto-Crits, Tidal Force procs for instant TKwaves, and Psychic Projection procs for speedy TKthrows.

Edited by Khadroth

Last build in beta I got to 43 with my Sage and was specced Telekinetics. I used Project all the time while leveling, HOWEVER, I avoided it like the plague during long fights (like boss fights) because it consumes force like nothing else. If you want to be able to be sustaining proper dps and not blowing through all your force within the first third of the fight, don't use Project.

But for leveling purposes and PvP, it's a great instant cast ability with high damage.

Last build in beta I got to 43 with my Sage and was specced Telekinetics. I used Project all the time while leveling, HOWEVER, I avoided it like the plague during long fights (like boss fights) because it consumes force like nothing else. If you want to be able to be sustaining proper dps and not blowing through all your force within the first third of the fight, don't use Project.

But for leveling purposes and PvP, it's a great instant cast ability with high damage.

Yup, nice to see you back GW.

Yea, I get that. The question was when did you find it more useful to use Disturbance over Project?

After taking the talent that causes Disturbance to increase force regen upto 30% I took removed Project from my rotation.

Some people mentioned using it on weak targets when levelling, however since getting Force Quake a combination of Telekinetic Wave and Force Quake destroys standard enemies, and the rest drop relatively quickly after Weaken Mind and a round of Disturbance/Throw.

Edited by Ardwan