KotOR 2 questions

Maaruin

While writing some fanfic, some questions about KotOR 2 came up. I've tried to answer them with watching the cutscenes on YouTube again, but some of them remained. From what I have read here, this seems to be the perfect place to ask them ;)

SPOILERS for KotOR II ahead, if you haven't played the game, get it and play it instead of reading this :D

1.) What are Kreia goals?

She states several goals and I can't really see how they work together: She hates the Force and wants it destroyed by the Exile. She apparently wants to train the exile as well as she can, no matter if she is Jedi or Sith. She says she wants to break the Exile in the Trayus core. She wants the Exile to kill her. She wants (or wanted) to destroy the Jedi with the assassins.

How does all of that work without contradictions?

2.) In addition, does she state anywhere what she thinks about the "true Sith" in the unknown regions? Is she on their side or against them?

3.) Malachor V has become a wound in the Force through all the death. Wookiepedia says the second destruction (after deactivating the Mass Shadow generator) sealed the wound. Is that true? If yes, how did that work?

4.) Did the Exile continue to be a wound in the Force after the ending of the game? (The Revan novel doesn't mention it, but just ignore it for a moment and go from what was said in the game.)

5.) The Force characteristics of many of the worlds visited are highlighted as important and explored (Nar Shaddaa, Telos, etc.). Are the Exile and Kreia more sensitive to such things than other Jedi? If yes, is that connected to the Exiles abilities to form bonds much more easily than other Jedi?

Other questions may follow. Thanks in advance for the answers.

She states several goals and I can't really see how they work together: She hates the Force and wants it destroyed by the Exile. She apparently wants to train the exile as well as she can, no matter if she is Jedi or Sith. She says she wants to break the Exile in the Trayus core. She wants the Exile to kill her. She wants (or wanted) to destroy the Jedi with the assassins.

How does all of that work without contradictions?

2.) In addition, does she state anywhere what she thinks about the "true Sith" in the unknown regions? Is she on their side or against them?

3.) Malachor V has become a wound in the Force through all the death. Wookiepedia says the second destruction (after deactivating the Mass Shadow generator) sealed the wound. Is that true? If yes, how did that work?

4.) Did the Exile continue to be a wound in the Force after the ending of the game? (The Revan novel doesn't mention it, but just ignore it for a moment and go from what was said in the game.)

5.) The Force characteristics of many of the worlds visited are highlighted as important and explored (Nar Shaddaa, Telos, etc.). Are the Exile and Kreia more sensitive to such things than other Jedi? If yes, is that connected to the Exiles abilities to form bonds much more easily than other Jedi?

Other questions may follow. Thanks in advance for the answers.

1. Treya's motives are always going to be complex, but basically she seems to want to die, and to take as much of the Sith she trained with her. It might be different if you play for the darkside alignment, but for lightside, it appears she views the sith she trained as a corruption, and wants to undo as much of the damage she's caused, basically as a form of redemption.

2. In the speach at the end she describes the true sith as a great darkness, and the true threat that Revan never faced. So she's clearly not on their side, or else why warn the Exile.

3. Malachor V still hung onto a semblence of life, monsters roamed there, Sith lived and trained there, probably force ghost lingered. By destroying Malachor V, the ghosts had to move on, the monsters and sith died, and the force wound which was being fed (accidently) by said sith and monsters died (so stopped draining the rest of the force in an attempt to heal itself i assume).

4. Hard to say, I assume so but in a less intense form, as the wound she represented healed itself.

5. Yes, the exile explored those powers by forming bonds with those worlds, minor bonds but bonds none the less.

Kotor 2 was done by Obsidian Entertainment on an extremely tight timeline. The devs themselves admitted that they had to cut things and that it was incomplete. The storyline was one of those things that's incomplete.

Trying to make sense of an incomplete storyline just isn't worth the time or effort. You can make up stuff to fill in the gaps, but my take is to let a dead dog lie.

p.s. check out all the cut stuff from the game Star Wars Wookieepedia

1)Firstly a revenge against those that betrayed her.

Against the jedi for casting her out,the revenge is in the form of whooping their *** a little and proving their teachings wrong.But mainly proving their teachings wrong.

Against the sith(SIon and Nihilus) because they failed to understand what she had to teach and for betraying her.The revenge is in the form of destroying them,obviously.

Secondly she wants to do damage to the force by limiting its influence in the physical world somehow.Maybe that's why she kinda likes the Emperor,as it is shown in the Warrior story line.Yeah,i am certain that was her.

2)I am pretty sure she knows for certain that that Sith Empire survived and exists in the Unknown Regions.From what i can remember she didn't express any dislike towards them(quite the opposite) as an order/teachings and as mentioned above,she likes the Sith Emperor.Not sure if she knows his true nature while she was alive or learned it after she died.

The Revan novel was pretty much about Revan.Not sure for what reasons but the Exile was downplayed and her power(lightsaber skills and force) was diminished like hell.What she did and acomplished was also downplayed.

Maybe because she is a child of Obsidian and not BIoware ,not sure why.So any mention about being a wound in the Force would distort the focus towards her and she would have to play a larger lore in the fight vs the Emperor,which was not an instruction the author had from Bioware.

The description of the worlds they visited and how they felt them played a part in the Kotor 2 story and was part of the point of the game.The answer is no,all powerful jedi should be able to feel such things about worlds.In the game it was highlighted because of the above mentioned reasons.

Malachor V is not a wound in the force the way Nathema is.The place however sends echoes of destruction and death and all kinds of crap through the force. Not sure what more is there to be said on this topic.

Edited by Kaedusz

1)Firstly a revenge against those that betrayed her.

Against the jedi for casting her out,the revenge is in the form of whooping their *** a little and proving their teachings wrong.But mainly proving their teachings wrong.

Against the sith(SIon and Nihilus) because they failed to understand what she had to teach and for betraying her.The revenge is in the form of destroying them,obviously.

Secondly she wants to do damage to the force by limiting its influence in the physical world somehow.Maybe that's why she kinda likes the Emperor,as it is shown in the Warrior story line.Yeah,i am certain that was her.

2)I am pretty sure she knows for certain that that Sith Empire survived and exists in the Unknown Regions.From what i can remember she didn't express any dislike towards them(quite the opposite) as an order/teachings and as mentioned above,she likes the Sith Emperor.Not sure if she knows his true nature while she was alive or learned it after she died.

Yeah Kaedusz has it right.