Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the true purpose of the PTS ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the true purpose of the PTS ?

JediQuaker
03.08.2021 , 09:13 AM | #41
Ya know, depending upon what you're doing, it's very easy to collapse the Amplifier window. Just select any outfit slot.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

FlameYOL
03.08.2021 , 10:12 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I think you're on to part of what is going on .. but IMO this is not it entirely. Some of what we see was clearly PRE-Covid. Some of what we see is unquestionably "perception" rather than fact. Some of what we see is fact
(not fiction).

The real unfortunate part is that a wall has been built between the community and the team. And that's ashamed really.

As players we need to try to see through their eyes when a company is dealing with multiple disasters (covid and the winter storm situation).

As well the team would do well to listen carefully to those who are trying to help in PTS.

NO... a representative can NOT answer to every single thread that is being posted. That's just silly to even begin to imagine such non sense. On the other hand there is something to be said about "taking appropriate action". The new UI is such an example.

** if the team had proceeded with the new UI scaled differently with the same statistical information (what use to be on two pages) AND a collapsible table with all of the amplifier listings this would not have erupted on nearly the scale as it has.

** some will complain regardless. [/shrugs] what can I say. It's unfortunate.

** Communication: I'm not ready to "burn down" the entire forum board just yet. Though my involvement might diminish from time to time. Just because this place can do just as well (if not better) without me doesn't mean it's THAT bad !! (but communication issues are meant for another thread ... at another time. Not here !

I'd rather tear down the wall and build a bridge !!
I don't entirely disagree with the sentiment of building bridges instead of building walls, sadly as long as I have played Bioware has had a communication problem. They don't tell us what's coming too ahead of time, at best we know what's coming a few months instead of the entire year, though sometimes they can be better at it like when they explain the thought process behind their decisions, such as one thread explaining how fixing bugs wasn't easy, I really liked the new uprising interview with one of the developers too ... but at the same time, I don't blame them for not choosing to engage with these forums. But I'll end the thread here, I was about to post a huge textwall but I'll stop here, hopefully communication and the forums atmosphere will be better in the future. Though I doubt it'll happen, but hey I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

OlBuzzard
03.08.2021 , 10:36 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
I don't entirely disagree with the sentiment of building bridges instead of building walls, sadly as long as I have played Bioware has had a communication problem. They don't tell us what's coming too ahead of time, at best we know what's coming a few months instead of the entire year, though sometimes they can be better at it like when they explain the thought process behind their decisions, such as one thread explaining how fixing bugs wasn't easy, I really liked the new uprising interview with one of the developers too ... but at the same time, I don't blame them for not choosing to engage with these forums. But I'll end the thread here, I was about to post a huge textwall but I'll stop here, hopefully communication and the forums atmosphere will be better in the future. Though I doubt it'll happen, but hey I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
I agree !!

It is unrealistic to expect a constant explanation or reply to "all things said" on the forums !! That just does not make any sense. Yet there is something to be said about responding "in kind" when dealing with the PTS (at least on occasion). If there is a sharp disagreement on the overall objective then perhaps some sort of "additional input" (????) is needed to help the situation before it goes thermal !

A short summary: it is without question an "unrealistic expectation" for the development team to spend valuable time "responding" to everything that is going on !! IT IS a VERY good thing to build a better understanding especially to those who are testing and giving back requested input.

If said "response" is to simply "go with what we have regardless" ... that is communicating ! It's not a good way to communicate ... but it is communicating none the less. This IMO just adds another brick in the wall !
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"