Please Spice Up the Chapters! More Romance and flirts!!

Lunafox

I would really like to see a lot more flirts with our loved ones, and fade to blacks and in general more interaction with our relationship companions. Even flirts with returning comps that weren't a part of the class they're tied to.

I was a bit disappointed because there were no flirts at all in this latest chapter. In fact there was barely any Theron in it at all, but it's not exclusively Theron I'm talking about either. The love interests include the comps like Vette and Torian and others that have returned, as well as Theron, Lana and Koth. I think there needs to be more screentime with the loved ones...private conversations about how things are going in the war, private convos about how things are going between them. Let them have little disagreements, let them make up after the disagreements. Include little moments of jealousy if we flirt with someone else.

I'm just thinking that the chapters are in dire need of spice...of romance, romantic scenes. There should be an opportunity for this at least once in every chapter, and while letters are nice to get, don't just fall back on letters...I'd like to see more cutscreens and relationship time with our partners of choice. :o:p

Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to see a lot more flirts with our loved ones, and fade to blacks and in general more interaction with our relationship companions. Even flirts with returning comps that weren't a part of the class they're tied to.

I was a bit disappointed because there were no flirts at all in this latest chapter. In fact there was barely any Theron in it at all, but it's not exclusively Theron I'm talking about either. The love interests include the comps like Vette and Torian and others that have returned, as well as Theron, Lana and Koth. I think there needs to be more screentime with the loved ones...private conversations about how things are going in the war, private convos about how things are going between them. Let them have little disagreements, let them make up after the disagreements. Include little moments of jealousy if we flirt with someone else.

I'm just thinking that the chapters are in dire need of spice...of romance, romantic scenes. There should be an opportunity for this at least once in every chapter, and while letters are nice to get, don't just fall back on letters...I'd like to see more cutscreens and relationship time with our partners of choice. :o:p

^^So much this. I definitely want more companion interaction in these chapters. After all we've been waiting for months for some of these companions to return and some of the reunions have not been where I'd want them to be in my opinion, however I'm still excited to see Torian come back.

Edited by squirrelballz

/signs

Definately!

I remember the first mods people made for Dragon Age: Origins were the ones that allowed you to kiss and hug your romantic interest anywhere. There's a reason for that, and it's a shame that mods like this weren't possible for the other Dragon Age games.

Wouldn't this be a great addition to this game? Sure, I'd love more new lines and scenes, but even allowing a small kiss or hug cutscene that can be repeated would add a lot.

Edited by Cedia

Definately!

I remember the first mods people made for Dragon Age: Origins were the ones that allowed you to kiss and hug your romantic interest anywhere. There's a reason for that, and it's a shame that mods like this weren't possible for the other Dragon Age games.

Wouldn't this be a great addition to this game? Sure, I'd love more new lines and scenes, but even allowing a small kiss or hug cutscene that can be repeated would add a lot.

I have a mod for DA:O that lets me hug and kiss Alistair in multiple different ways :p Zevran, too.

But definitely signed. I only came back for the previous chapter and this one solely for my Sith Warrior/Vette, and my BH/Torian. I haven't bothered with ANY of my characters that are in romances with Lana or Theron :(

I was just thinking about how the KotFE romances are very lackluster. When you think about it, you barely talk to Lana/Koth/Theron and we're supposed to believe that these characters are madly in love with ours? I mean with the vanilla companions through the 1-50 story there were a bunch of private conversations not to mention they'd interact with you during your main story. In short, you really got to know them as characters.

Now (using Theron as my reference) you pretty much get the same, bland and generic conversations with him whether or not you're romancing him. My JK's (the one who is actually in a relationship with him) interactions with him are almost identical to my IA's (who is NOT romancing him) interactions with him (both are light sided/reluctantly light sided respectively).

Now I've read Annihilation, played FA and SoR, so I do know Theron, as a character, fairly well. But what about those people who (for whatever reason) never played SWTOR before and started with an insta-60? The romance is very boring and basically non-existent. Which is a shame because I know Bioware can do WAY better than that :/

I have a mod for DA:O that lets me hug and kiss Alistair in multiple different ways :p Zevran, too.

Heck, even without a mod, couldn't you kiss/hug/ talk to your companions whenever you went to camp? Or have I played with that mod for so long that I can't remember what it was like without it?

Basically I wish SWTOR had the option to havea repeatable cut scene with your LI, like they do in DA:I. I don't care if it's the same place and same kiss over and over. If my Agent wants to make out with Vector on the bridge of her ship over and over, then, by golly, she should be able to.

Edited by AngFour

I agree, Bioware could do a lot better with the romances, as they are right now, they're practically non-existent. Lana talks to me like my boss...but never my girlfriend.

I was happy when they brought back Vette for my warrior. Ecstatic! But all it was, was just a couple of lines and that was it. I don't even get to see her all the time.

Luna is right, the chapters need spicing up. This game needs more romance for sure.

I agree, Bioware could do a lot better with the romances, as they are right now, they're practically non-existent. Lana talks to me like my boss...but never my girlfriend.

I was happy when they brought back Vette for my warrior. Ecstatic! But all it was, was just a couple of lines and that was it. I don't even get to see her all the time.

Luna is right, the chapters need spicing up. This game needs more romance for sure.

I agree with this somewhat. To be fair, we're never really alone with Lana and I'm not a fan of pda in the workplace. I think keeping her talking professional in the war room & such is alright, as it's none of my other subordinates business about our private affairs. Likewise I think there needs to be more alone time together. A letter every 3 or 4 chapters isn't going to cut it. But then again, if they do something for one romance, they'll have to do it for them all, so maybe they're waiting until all potential romances are in place before doing something big? I heard way back when kotfe was being announced that 'getting hitched' to our new companions wasn't out of the question, so I still have hope for that.

My opinion on the matter that this isn't Star Wars SIMS.

As I mentioned in another thread, romances and companion interactions were always a strong point in BW games, but usually you had a lot fewer companions than in KOTFE. So it would have been nice to have a new cast in KOTFE, and ONLY the new cast, so you could have a more interactions in more depth with fewer companions. Now with a crew of 1 million it's impossible to make lengthy interactions with each one to satisfy everyone.

Someone needs a social life :rolleyes:

jk, i agree on the final chapter though, that after a lot of flirting etc., you suddenly get no option to do so.

Needs consistency

You're not wrong, I've been married 26 years, lol. Gotta get my romance somewhere lol. Seriously though, it's an enjoyable aspect of the game, and one I miss a great deal. There isn't enough. It doesn't have to dominate but a moment or two per chapter in private with our loved one would be nice. :)

I firmly believe it is the companion interactions that make the class stories so much more enjoyable than what came after. SoR recaptured that feel for Lana & Theron, but KotFE hasn't been able to adequately follow up on that. KotFE and companions is like going to an ice cream parlor for a cone and getting a sample cup instead. I feel like they mistook our constant requests for more companion interactions to be a request for more companions :rolleyes:

I firmly believe it is the companion interactions that make the class stories so much more enjoyable than what came after. SoR recaptured that feel for Lana & Theron, but KotFE hasn't been able to adequately follow up on that. KotFE and companions is like going to an ice cream parlor for a cone and getting a sample cup instead. I feel like they mistook our constant requests for more companion interactions to be a request for more companions :rolleyes:

What kind of ice cream analogy is that... you didn't even describe the ice cream! Is it three scoops of ice cream, the vanilla on the top, cherry in the middle, and the choco mocho for last with a chocolate waffle cone with three cherries on top? or is that mix of coffee and minty crunchy oreos? Expand dem analogies next time, especially one with ice cream in them!

However I do agree, more interactions with love interests, and actual companions themselves would be nice. They mish moshed 30 different personalities together and you're telling me everything is fine and dandy and not a SINGLE mishap has occurred? Khem Vals half brothers cousin uncle rip off is sure to cause some kind of ruckus...

Should have guessed Bioware fans care mostly just about the dating sims side :p

As long as it doesnt affect attention put on actual plot and writing I'm fine with increasing flirts. But I dont want it to be prioritized.

Edited by Kiesu

I can't even remember the last time I got a flirt/kiss option with Lana during a cutscene, We did not even get a email from Lana this time around a mail is the bare minimum we should get.

This would improve KotFE 100% so I agree. Some of us really enjoyed all the original romance stories and want them to continue in more than just letters or a small scene in the chapter story.

They nearly got there with the return of Aric but after you locked in the romance - nothing. This guy went from awkward to super-romance, pined for 5 years after the trooper disappeared and nearly got booted out of the military for it. He needs more romance! Also the return of Torian was a real let down. From his letter he thought his bounty hunter was dead. There was no 'what happened to you' style conversation, no real sparks for the return

You're not wrong, I've been married 26 years, lol. Gotta get my romance somewhere lol. Seriously though, it's an enjoyable aspect of the game, and one I miss a great deal. There isn't enough. It doesn't have to dominate but a moment or two per chapter in private with our loved one would be nice. :)

LMAO! Better than cheating at least :p

I still remember first time i saw romance in the game.

Was showing a friend SWTOR for the first time

Me: This game is awesome, you can go darkside etc., check this out.

Friend: Can you f*ck that chick?

Me: Nah - at least i don't think so

... time passes, 30 minutes later, i offer friend to create a char and try out stuff

Friend: Oh, i'm talking to the same girl as you

Me: Yeah, it's because we chose the same class

Friend: You sure i can't f*ck her?

Me: Well, pretty sure you can't seeing as games don't really do that graphical content

Friend *proceeds to click all the assh*le options he can - get's laid*

Me: Well ... f*ck

*followed up by instant highfive*

Absolutely.

You go from SOR with Theron/Lana where you get to flirt all the time it seems to, let's see, there was 1 flirt that I know of besides the one that locks in the relationship. I don't want a sims, but I do think they need to learn from the Dragon Age team how to do it properly. Even the Mass Effect team did it better/

Should have guessed Bioware fans care mostly just about the dating sims side :p

As long as it doesnt affect attention put on actual plot and writing I'm fine with increasing flirts. But I dont want it to be prioritized.

I'd say the man/woman your character was in love with returning after 5 years following the couple being torn apart is a pretty significant part of the plot. We need more than "oh, hey, you're alive, sweet." and then that's it. BW has dropped the ball on companions so far imo.

/signed

Here is my scorecard

Male Sith Jugg - romance companion Vette - just got her back last chapter and nothing on her in this chapter

Male Vanguard Trooper - romance companion Elara - not back in the story yet

Male Jedi Guardian - romance companion Kira - not back in story yet

Male Imperial Agent - romance companion Lana - pretty lame romance so far

Signed.

...Also the return of Torian was a real let down. From his letter he thought his bounty hunter was dead. There was no 'what happened to you' style conversation, no real sparks for the return

And so much this. Just finished the chapter on my BH. Aric's return was way better.

And then there's Koth. No appearance whatsoever in this chapter? I actually kind of missed his ever-present complaints :p Seriously though, from a romance perspective, this is the least impressive romance imo. We barely get to talk to this guy and when we do he's snarky and whining. His letters make up for it a little but this romance just isn't believable for mine.

BW, you can do much better.

Other than that, good chapter, except...

I really regret almost maxing out influence with Scorpio on my agent. I always thought it was a risk and now I'm almost certain that decision's going to come back and bite me :p

Yes, signed. Absolutely.