Class Companion sidequest clarification, please...

turbomagnus

The sidequests for class companions in the 'vanilla' game, the conversations and occasional missions (yes, and the romances for some), are they tied to Influence level or progress through the main storyline of the game?

They changed it a few iterations back to be tied to the progression of your story, not influence. So, by the time you reach Corellia, all of your companions will have advanced in their stories all the way. Of course, to see certain endings, you need to have a romance with the companion.

Also, you now build influence from conversations with decisions that your companions love and/or hate. In other words, if your companion gets really upset with you, you still gain influence.

Also, you now build influence from conversations with decisions that your companions love and/or hate. In other words, if your companion gets really upset with you, you still gain influence.

Specifically (giving "base" figures before conversation gain buffs):

* Greatly Approves = +400

* Approves = +200

* (nothing) = nothing

* Disapproves = +50

* Greatly Disapproves = nothing

There are various other reactions that I don't know what happens for them:

* Amused

* Not Amused

* Intrigued

So if the companion gets *really* upset, you gain no Influence, while if the companion is only a bit upset, you gain a little, but *less* than if they like or love it.

Specifically (giving "base" figures before conversation gain buffs):

* Greatly Approves = +400

* Approves = +200

* (nothing) = nothing

* Disapproves = +50

* Greatly Disapproves = nothing

There are various other reactions that I don't know what happens for them:

* Amused

* Not Amused

* Intrigued

So if the companion gets *really* upset, you gain no Influence, while if the companion is only a bit upset, you gain a little, but *less* than if they like or love it.

I'll have to go back and check, because I've been playing a dark side bounty hunter and I know that I've been doing things that Mako hates, but I still get a ton of influence with her. Maybe she only disapproves instead of greatly disapproves when I kill people. Thanks for sharing this.

I'll have to go back and check, because I've been playing a dark side bounty hunter and I know that I've been doing things that Mako hates, but I still get a ton of influence with her. Maybe she only disapproves instead of greatly disapproves when I kill people. Thanks for sharing this.

There aren't many "greatly disapproves" choices out there. Ones that spring to mind are things like Elara Dorne on A-77 if you take the big dark choice there.(1) I don't think there are many, perhaps none at all, for Mako in the class story.

(1) For those who don't know, it's a between-planets segment of the Trooper class story. Back in the Affection days (before 4.0), Elara would rack up (down?) -394 or so Affection points if you went dark on that choice...