Pointless Tank Nerfs

DARKheartLAND

What exactly did the nerfs accomplish? People will still run DPS gear on tank because actual tank stats are useless. I just tried out my shadow and it's still performing well.

Maybe that the pt tanks were ridiculously overpowered with their crazy-high aoe...?

Specifically the firestorm nerf was the only good idea (though I would say going down to 40% was a bit extreme). The rest is due to their inability to make it so tanks would be valuable and better than skanks...

What exactly did the nerfs accomplish? People will still run DPS gear on tank because actual tank stats are useless. I just tried out my shadow and it's still performing well.

They were never intended to accomplish anything these dev's don't grasp the whole trinity system the nerf was an utter joke plus they increased ED so DPS jugs are still breaking trinity. there no point in playing any other class other than Merc Sniper and jug and fury mara. I have a folder of screen shots of unbalanced ques which are mostly Merc and jug fests. I'm just done until biofail pulls it head outa its a&^% there's no point in playing. '

The game dies and it s the dev's who are killing it!

Way to go Eric and Keith Yet another let down think this was final straw. can only take half as$%$% lame things for a complete and utter disdain for players. You always say you'll address issues and then it end up being a joke!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

They were never intended to accomplish anything these dev's don't grasp the whole trinity system the nerf was an utter joke plus they increased ED so DPS jugs are still breaking trinity. there no point in playing any other class other than Merc Sniper and jug and fury mara. I have a folder of screen shots of unbalanced ques which are mostly Merc and jug fests. I'm just done until biofail pulls it head outa its a&^% there's no point in playing. '

The game dies and it s the dev's who are killing it!

Way to go Eric and Keith Yet another let down think this was final straw. can only take half as$%$% lame things for a complete and utter disdain for players. You always say you'll address issues and then it end up being a joke!

I haven't played post patch yet so I cannot say for certain, but if you think dps juggies were basically tanks before you're sadly mistaken... I seriously doubt they buffed it to opness, but I'll find out tonight. Also, all they were trying to do was fix the horrible scaling FD has had since 5.0. Its been a year and a half coming.

Mercs are probably the best face tanking dps class in the game.

I haven't played post patch yet so I cannot say for certain, but if you think dps juggies were basically tanks before you're sadly mistaken... I seriously doubt they buffed it to opness, but I'll find out tonight. Also, all they were trying to do was fix the horrible scaling FD has had since 5.0. Its been a year and a half coming.

Mercs are probably the best face tanking dps class in the game.

The stacks used to say something like "heals for 6240 per tick" and now it says 11124 per tick. That is it. You are more likely to actual H2F now as it only takes one person to hit you a few times, but it doesn't stop people from hitting you. 2-3 dps can simply continue focusing you and thus burn all the charges away in 5-6 seconds. It would have been much better if it simply continued to heal over 15-20 seconds regardless of people hitting you or not e.g. not based on charges.

The stacks used to say something like "heals for 6240 per tick" and now it says 11124 per tick. That is it. You are more likely to actual H2F now as it only takes one person to hit you a few times, but it doesn't stop people from hitting you. 2-3 dps can simply continue focusing you and thus burn all the charges away in 5-6 seconds. It would have been much better if it simply continued to heal over 15-20 seconds regardless of people hitting you or not e.g. not based on charges.

ED is so easy to play around, you don't even have to kite the duration, just use a rapid fire attack (rapid shots is great for this) a couple times and burn all his stacks, boom he's healed but has no DR and you can resume killing the Jugg. In a balanced match in which both sides have healers, ED does very little.

Its only powerful in 1v1 scenarios, and in those you actually CAN out kite and CC to outplay it.

Adding a rate limit could help make it more useful, but I prefer a lowered cooldown or increased duration of Saber Reflect personally. It makes no sense that Mercs get a more powerful reflect, without even having to use utility points to buff it. You don't even have to add melee damage to Jugg reflect, just make it 6 seconds baseline like the Merc one. Have the utility work to the effect of reducing its cooldown when you're attacked, this way it winds up similar to Operative Evasion utility. Boom, DPS Jugg now has a good on demand cooldown that's up fairly often, and perfectly fits with the style of the class (single saber users are known for deflecting blaster bolts), and allows them to compete with tanksins with on-demand DR.

Of course, at that point you gotta go ahead and give PT's the Merc Reflect so they're not lagging too far behind.

Messing with the tanks affected carebears. I find I'm tanking a lot more in group finder these days.

What does this have to do with pvp?

Thanks to conquest a lot fewer people are doing group finder these days.

What does this have to do with pvp?

Thanks to conquest a lot fewer people are doing group finder these days.

Collateral damage of the nerf.

It still goes back to "fix tank stats properly and re-balance around that" because fewer people playing tanks in PvP = fewer people playing tanks elsewhere because not all the PvP tanks are exclusively PvP tanks. Some of them actually carebear sometimes.