Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard: Tanking and You

space_mechanic
04.25.2013 , 06:16 AM | #81
Thanks for the good guide! Anticipating 2.0 updated version

Justcae
04.25.2013 , 03:40 PM | #82
Let this thread die. There is so much bad information here, some of it is just flat out wrong. Even at the time of its original posting.

If you are a newbie Vanguard tank do not live and die by this guide at all.

space_mechanic
04.26.2013 , 12:49 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post
If you are a newbie Vanguard tank do not live and die by this guide at all.
Well, of course I do not. Cos I prefer my own experience after all, still this one was helpful.
Could you suggest more actual and better guide?

SilentKitty
04.26.2013 , 01:09 AM | #84
If anyone has a good guide I would be interested.
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!

Escaflownae
07.16.2013 , 02:16 PM | #85
Guide has been updated for new content. I'll be making another one relating to a new topic shortly.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

Need a referral? Here you go

wetslampigduex
07.16.2013 , 02:34 PM | #86
Are you guys legit arguing dropping EB for Gut... you are aware you are a tank and EB adds 25% absorb

Escaflownae
07.16.2013 , 02:58 PM | #87
Ahh yea you caught me in the middle of updating that section. Next time read slower. :P
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

Ayakin_Solaris
07.16.2013 , 04:26 PM | #88
Not convinced by the skill tree. I'd dump the following personally:
  • Defensive Measures - this is really a PvP ability; don't think it has any benefit in PvE
  • Neural overload - you hardly ever do Ion Cell damage
  • Scrap Satchel - again more useful in PvP rather than PvE. ES is a relatively expensive talent, so only really worth using the 2 free charges you get from Storm.

Should definitely have 3 points in Focused Impact as High Impact Bolt should be a key part of the rotation, especially as given Supercharged Ion Cell it does damage to several targets against mobs.

I'd also personally put the other two points into Heavy Stock as again Stockstrike should be a key part of the rotation so doing added damage will increase DPS and maintain threat.

Escaflownae
07.16.2013 , 05:27 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayakin_Solaris View Post
Not convinced by the skill tree. I'd dump the following personally:
  • Defensive Measures - this is really a PvP ability; don't think it has any benefit in PvE
  • Neural overload - you hardly ever do Ion Cell damage
  • Scrap Satchel - again more useful in PvP rather than PvE. ES is a relatively expensive talent, so only really worth using the 2 free charges you get from Storm.

Should definitely have 3 points in Focused Impact as High Impact Bolt should be a key part of the rotation, especially as given Supercharged Ion Cell it does damage to several targets against mobs.

I'd also personally put the other two points into Heavy Stock as again Stockstrike should be a key part of the rotation so doing added damage will increase DPS and maintain threat.
Good constructive criticism I love it thanks. I'll try that out tonight and see how it plays.

Escaflownae
07.17.2013 , 07:57 AM | #90
I tried the spec last night and I realized that I linked the wrong torhead skill build in the guide. Typically I use a build similar to that. At this point I've been experimenting going deeper into the tactics tree to get tactical tools and augmented cells to try other things. I've also been working on pvp hybrid specs that are decent enough for tanking flashpoints but still powerful in pvp.

If anyone sees anything that is not correct or think they want to add something please let me know. Lets use this guide to help build a better community of tanks.

Be constructive and try to not flame others if they make suggestions.

Remember don't feed the trolls.