Allow Sith/Jedi to be Scanned

ML_DoubleTap

Bio and Scav both have a significant advantage being able to scan creatures and droids respectively. There aren't enough Arch nodes in the open world to make up for this discrepancy. Sith/Jedi NPCs should be scannable for power crystals/artifacts to help compensate. There's more material types for Arch than the other two and fewer options to acquire them...

Now THAT is an interesting proposition. I wonder how bad the coding for that would be.

That would still leave Slicing out in the cold, as far as gathering from defeated enemies go, but I think we'd get over it. Besides, what would we gather? Sliced Tech Parts? MORE credits?

Before I begin, I have to say that actually gathering materials from nodes (fixed or NPCs) is a very small percentage of my materials gathering process. If they are available and in my path I go for them, but I NEVER go out of my way for a node, nor do I gripe when someone in a PuG FP group also gathers (In fact I stop gathering when someone else starts) So, I really don't care one way or the other.

While I agree that archaeology does have issues with gathering materials and gathering materials from Jedi/Sith NPCs is intriguing, I am not sure how it can be justified. There is logic behind scavengers being able to take droids apart for useful pieces and bioanalyzers find useful samples and compounds from corpses of beasts. What would the logic be for archaeologists gathering crystals and artifact fragments from jedi/sith? Why couldn't scavengers scan non-force using NPCs for metals and compounds? Why couldn't bioanalyzers scan all humanoid NPCs like they do beasts?

Honestly, a better/more logical solution would be to increase the number of nodes and/or the rate at which they refresh.

What would the logic be for archaeologists gathering crystals and artifact fragments from jedi/sith?

Harvesting Jedi and Sith has a bit of a creepy "Bioshock / Little Sister" vibe to me. Eww.

Edited by Khevar

/signed

This is a great idea. It would make swtor feel more like kotor. From a lore point of view, it would seem as though you are looting the dead Sith/Jedi of their relics, lightsaber crystals, etc.

Yeah that's kinda what I was shooting for, and it solves the problem of lack of places to harvest crystals/artifacts