The state of ranked pvp

DarthRaika

First of all, for the obvious comments I expect to see, I have multiple gold chars and my only ranked char I have started for this season was lucky enough to likely already be qualified for gold when the tiers are released.

Yolo is in the worst state I've seen. A majority of the "serious" players are now q dodging and q syncing with at least 1 other person (which is easy to do with moderate success btw). Cheating has become the norm. This is sad.

This cheating seems to be on all servers now. Ebon Hawk is still by far the worst with the most notorious q synchers but all servers have gotten rather bad for yolo. Are your lives that bad that you have to cheat on a half dead video game to make yourselves feel better?

X server and X faction is desperately needed. The devs are fully aware of the cheating and that is likely part of why they don't seem to care about ranked. The chips are heavily stacked against new players and many of the synchers are extremely rude to new players if they ever end up on their team. These low life basement dwellers will never change but X server and X faction will make it more difficult for them to sync and very difficult to q dodge. If the playing field is more even then it may bring in new players as well.

Sure, I was lucky so far but anyone with any math skill knows that elo does not work with low pop. We need a higher pop and so we need x server and x faction.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than your opinion that is based on a single perspective, do you have any tangible proof of cheating?

I believe what he says.

I can't personally prove it, but I have talked to more than one "serious" pvper who happens to enjoy extremely high ratings in past seasons. In private they have admitted to qsyncing, dodging, and even bribing someone to drop from matches.

If you need proof though, you probably won't get it on these forums.

I don't like it, but I don't fret over it either. Is it cool? No. But the thing is, how ranked is structured by the devs, this is what you get. it's managed sloppily, and so people feel no obligation to play fairly and cheat.

I expect the lowest behavior of people, so this kind of thing never surprises me. I am genuinely surprised when people are proven to not have cheated or exploited their way to the top.

From politics to gaming, in nearly every case the ones at the top got there using unscrupulous methods.

I lost a lot of friends and seeing this happening now for 3 seasons. Especially on TEH from seasons 1-4 things were imp side and competitive. Then once people were able to server xfer and republic superqueue running rampant almost all of the imp pvpers i knew switch to republic all to get "free Elo".

Im now being laughed at by my old friends for staying imp because I think its downright scumbag to take advantage of population.

but who cares, its just a dead gayme I>U mentality and the never ending egos that further drive this game into **** is just how the gayme is designed now.

Enjoy paying 15$ a month for maybe 1 hour of story content. I HIGHLY doubt bioware will make any more pvp changes.

Edited by COOKIESNOMNOMNOM

I believe what he says.

I can't personally prove it, but I have talked to more than one "serious" pvper who happens to enjoy extremely high ratings in past seasons. In private they have admitted to qsyncing, dodging, and even bribing someone to drop from matches.

If you need proof though, you probably won't get it on these forums.

I don't like it, but I don't fret over it either. Is it cool? No. But the thing is, how ranked is structured by the devs, this is what you get. it's managed sloppily, and so people feel no obligation to play fairly and cheat.

I expect the lowest behavior of people, so this kind of thing never surprises me. I am genuinely surprised when people are proven to not have cheated or exploited their way to the top.

From politics to gaming, in nearly every case the ones at the top got there using unscrupulous methods.

I believe it too. Cause I've seen it. The only thing left in this game is PVE - the story. WOW new expac hits in August, just in time. :)

Other than your opinion that is based on a single perspective, do you have any tangible proof of cheating?

I have been invited to q sync groups before and I know many people that have q sync'd and admitted it. Everyone that does ranked enough knows that a lot of funny business is going on and you acting like it doesn't makes me wonder about you.

At this point I'd rather not have cross server ques for ranked. I like having my close-nit community on Jung ma where we organize ranked ques and have good quality matches (for the most part). Keep all the toxicity on the big servers. :^)

Organized matches are for team ranked....this is the issue with yolo currently. People think it is perfectly fair to get together and "organize" matches. Lol...

Ranked PVP is extremely sad at this point in time. The Rishi Arena is the bulk of the problems. With the chance of getting stuck each time you leap to a person next the boxes on the catwalk or even getting knocked back or pulled wrong at the right angle, it could be a 3v4 in almost a snap. I can deal with the class imbalance, but not the bugginess of that WZ. I shouldn't have to worry about a map murdering me before the game goes into Sudden Death. This is coming from an average ranked player by the way, not some uber pvpness guy.

Organized matches are for team ranked....this is the issue with yolo currently. People think it is perfectly fair to get together and "organize" matches. Lol...

Except on a low pop server we have to do it for solo too. In over 70 matches so far I've never seen any of the toxicity that plagues other servers. The only bad thing I saw was when two noobs in 204 queued because "regs aren't poping" and got globaled.

I agree with the OP. Was debating if I wanted to even do ranked this season, didn't know if I wanted to deal with the frustration. Did 3 matches on Ebon Hawk today, all 3 matches, a teammate left, and was a 4 v 3, and had 3 loses to show for it. The players I was playing against all had high ratings. That just shows how they got their rating, friends throwing matches. Nothing has changed, seems worse actually. Im done with this.

I will have to say that I'm extremely unsatisfied with Ranked. I'm certainly not the best at Sage Balance, but I'm not a noob at it either. However, being new to Ranked, going in to a WZ where people constantly ream you for not doing something exactly right is quite the turn off. Compound that with the fact that half of Solo Ranked is luck of the draw for your teammates... yeah, I won't be participating.

The rishi map with this bugs should never go live.

But impressive is that the players use the bugs (exploits) to kill an opponent.

I was stucked an died two times in the rishi map. But not by jumping. I was pulled by a Pt/assasine in a stuck position. Thats sucks really.

Edited by Opaknack

I've seen it. On JC, the majority of the player base is imp, you almost never see any pubs q-ing, so a few days ago, very late, 4 pubs from the same guild started q-ing and wrecking pugs. I instantly switched to the other side, added them to friends, got a pop, after that they logged out.

With the ammount of imbalance in the game, I wish they made it so you gain more elo for winning than lose for losing - reverse it. So that if you win 50/50 - you can still go up, only go down if you lose more. It would make it easier for average players and leave them engaged.

I've decided to go hard pvp not long time ago and was preparing for so called "ranked season 7". And I really kinda dissapointed. So from perspective of kinda new pvper...

First is balace. Its aweful. Its obviously ppl prefer sages cuz we allways against 3/4 sage team. Well and I have a merc and maradeur. Only in rankex I relised that merc class was build only for RP. After I switched to my mara I felt like Im plaing a tank compare to merc.

And the second thing is the way ranked pvp ingame info organazed. I mean, ok imma gettin these coins for... for what? Oh to get rewards! Wait, what rewards? Where I can view that? And how many coins I neex for fancy pants or something? Cuz Im dont really care about leaderboards, I just wanna stuck some coins for reward. But idk how many I need and whats the reward.

There is only holohutt with rewards for season 6. And read the description for ranked coins in inventory currency tab. The man who responsible for it was drunk.

So a I see It BW aint even tryin. This whole ranked event seems like nonscese to me.

But impressive is that the players use the bugs (exploits) to kill an opponent.

I was stucked an died two times in the rishi map. But not by jumping. I was pulled by a Pt/assasine in a stuck position. Thats sucks really.

Yeah in the 8v8, PTs/VGs are using the grapple to bugkill people. So that means sins will be doing it too. No surprise they finding places to pull people in the 4v4 too now.

No offense to anyone but the state of PvP in ranked is the same as its been since i quit doing it back in season 4 or even further back to the release of 3.x. Q syncers, dodgers, trolls, tankers, and generally horrific attitudes are nothing new.

I've been watching the streams to see if there was any merit to trying again or if my general perception of the state of things was right and so far ive been spot on.

Now balance is a bit more out of whack then previous seasons thats for certain but aside from that there is literally nothing fresh here. And of course the bugs that should never have made live are a valid concern... but the rest, old news.

This cheating seems to be on all servers now. Ebon Hawk is still by far the worst with the most notorious q synchers n.

I have to admit that I've never seen minty in a match but s/he has a ton of games under his belt. that said, I've been in yolo queue for 4-6 hours a night the past week (as early as 6pm and as late as 2am!). nobody was syncing then. what I noticed was that you cannot yolo imp side. it's just a cluster-bleep. you're guaranteed to get one, if not two or three liabilities every match. not a class liability. just players who don't play their class well at all. there are PTs and mercs I see there and know it's an automatic win no matter who's on my team (and I'm on a frikkin mando myself!). I'm not sure what happened. imp side was fine the first couple days. i spend a night in the queue going 8-3. the next thing I knew, imp side was AIDS.

I've seen it. On JC, the majority of the player base is imp, you almost never see any pubs q-ing, so a few days ago, very late, 4 pubs from the same guild started q-ing and wrecking pugs. I instantly switched to the other side, added them to friends, got a pop, after that they logged out.

With the ammount of imbalance in the game, I wish they made it so you gain more elo for winning than lose for losing - reverse it. So that if you win 50/50 - you can still go up, only go down if you lose more. It would make it easier for average players and leave them engaged.

I used to do that with asan, larissa and some of the prime guys. it wasn't organized. but you would see them queue pub and you had to join them. else you'd get rekt b/c you're playing with a 15-player pool of randoms vs. the same 4 or 5 pubs every time. they didn't quit queuing when I swapped over though. and we still won. iunno. it's a bit of a survival tactic. you can't keep queuing imp when you see the same 4 pubs in queue.

Are your lives that bad that you have to cheat on a half dead video game to make yourselves feel better?

I always ask the very same question when I see a team farming an so much weaker team. Like ... 6:0 in Huttball, just as an extreme example, or that 0 : 400something I actually witnessed yesterday in OPG ...

What goes on in the minds of these people ? I just can't get it.

My only attempt is to assume that they must feel some kind of unholy lust in doing so.

I blame it on the loud crying of the PvP base that they instantly want new maps or they'd unsub. Or something like that.

And PvP players very, very, very obviously have never ever heard of that esoterics saying :

"Be careful what you wish for, because your wish might be granted ..."

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Yolo is in the worst state I've seen. A majority of the "serious" players are now q dodging and q syncing with at least 1 other person (which is easy to do with moderate success btw). Cheating has become the norm. This is sad.

I don't agree that it has become the "norm". However, it does seem that players in Yolo and GRanked are more worried about getting rewards than participating in good fights, and they will do what they feel necessary to accomplish those goals. Q-Syncing and Dodging are two of those strategies.

This cheating seems to be on all servers now. Ebon Hawk is still by far the worst with the most notorious q synchers but all servers have gotten rather bad for yolo.

Q-Syncing is definitely happening on TEH, but only after Primetime from what I've seen. X-Faction would make all the difference in that regard and pretty much snuff the problem out.

X server and X faction is desperately needed.

X-Server is never going to happen in this game. X-Faction, on the other hand, is a very real possibility. Would love to see it implemented.