Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Toraak
07.03.2016 , 02:04 PM | #5901
People have been asking for this since launch. The truth is, especially now that leveling is a joke since 4.0. They will never put in Advanced class respec. Not only is it just wrong to change your class (which is what your doing), but it's so easy to level, just make a new character with the AC you want.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Vhaegrant
07.04.2016 , 12:23 AM | #5902
Quote: Originally Posted by Strajder View Post
Well, like I said several times earlier in this thread, this should never get implemented. AC swap would just lead to queuing as tank with non-tank gear. I was recently in a PUG operation with tank having full DPS gear and not generating any threat. Even when I was playing WoW, I remember people queuing as tanks with DPS gear or even lacking gear. This needs to stop.

I would even remove the respec. A role choice should have gravity and FOTM hoppers should be punished by having to buy a 60 token or level up that character.
If you feel the need to punish someone for playing a game you're doing it wrong.

Vhaegrant
07.04.2016 , 12:25 AM | #5903
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
People have been asking for this since launch. The truth is, especially now that leveling is a joke since 4.0. They will never put in Advanced class respec. Not only is it just wrong to change your class (which is what your doing), but it's so easy to level, just make a new character with the AC you want.
Within the definitions SWTOR uses it's not changing your class (which determines your story and companions... but oh, look after 4.0 all characters have the same story and nearly the same companions anyway) it's changing your Advanced Class. Which is more like an advanced respec

And the argument for how easy it is to level a character now is actually more of a reason to allow AC swapping rather than prevent it.

Anzel
12.12.2016 , 11:24 AM | #5904
I have only logged into one character since 5.0 dropped. ONE character. Instead of leveraging the ***already*** existing LEGACY system, you guys destroyed it with the garbage that is CXP.

Please add an option in the COMBAT PROFICIENCIES window (K) to change between advanced classes as well as discipline. Thanks.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

LordArtemis
12.12.2016 , 11:45 AM | #5905
Yea, I would say that since they changed the advanced class to a players primary class (chosen at character creation) they have changed the nature of an advanced class as a result.

So I would conclude that this change gives enough importance to the choice to warrant a restriction on allowing a player to change the class.

Just my opinion of course.

ekwalizer
12.12.2016 , 11:59 AM | #5906
5.0 pretty much slammed the lid on this discussion. Awwwww darn.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.

Keta
12.12.2016 , 12:19 PM | #5907
It's a three year old thread. This isn't happening.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Clarian
12.12.2016 , 01:00 PM | #5908
If the rationale for changing it so you choose your advanced class at level 1 was to enable players to more quicky get a feel for the AC, and whether they like it - and thus to minimize the effort if they end up wanting to re-roll and choose a different advanced class...

...then I think a better solution would have been to allow ONE advanced class change, only available up to a certain level (15 or 20). This would require NO re-rolling and re-making you character, NO re-leveling, NO re-playing any parts of the game.

Also it would not require removing the AC NPCs and dialogue. At this point, I'm not cool with the removal of ANY kind of class-specific content...

LordArtemis
12.12.2016 , 01:02 PM | #5909
I still would not stand against a class change if it was allowed in some fashion. However, I have to admit I am VERY happy they set the AC choice for level 1.

For me personally this makes the choice much more meaningful, which is what I really wanted truth be told.

Hichitsuki-hime
12.12.2016 , 01:08 PM | #5910
Yep. ETA as follows: right before they decide to add a new class to the game === NEVER
The Red Eclipse: Ka'nata (madness sorc) <Indefinite>;
Ebon Hawk: Sa'yana <Army of Light>
5/5 NiM TFB; 7/7 NiM S&V; 5/5 NiM DF; 3/5 NIM DP; 5/5 HM RAV; 5/5 HM ToS
#Fix SAGE DPS # R.I.P. SAGE HEALS