Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KBN's Stress-Free Guide to the Tank Rotation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
KBN's Stress-Free Guide to the Tank Rotation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CRYPTfromLA
11.09.2015 , 02:54 PM | #121
Can some experienced pve tank tell how were changed rotations for sin tank?

KeyboardNinja
11.09.2015 , 05:17 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by CRYPTfromLA View Post
Can some experienced pve tank tell how were changed rotations for sin tank?
Basically: not really at all. This guide is somewhat outdated in that it doesn't cover the 3.0 changes, which served to destabilize the rotation considerably, but nothing changed between 3.0 and 4.0 aside from slightly (though noticeably) lower resource generation due to lower mitigation.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Dougiefresha
11.14.2015 , 12:58 AM | #123
Hey Tam, what Relics should I use now?
Jedi Covenant - Alpha Strike Force | Classic Op Heroes - Vessix, Quecadya, Ainyaho, Szantni, Vessixx, Vesix, Ves'sucks, Vessdoesntsuck, Dougie, Kimball, Ruufuss
Ebon Hawk - Aisthesis - Vessixx, Hannahmontanna, Barbie'gurl

Shadowseve
11.21.2015 , 06:53 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Basically: not really at all. This guide is somewhat outdated in that it doesn't cover the 3.0 changes, which served to destabilize the rotation considerably, but nothing changed between 3.0 and 4.0 aside from slightly (though noticeably) lower resource generation due to lower mitigation.
So I've been a way for a long time what changed in the rotation between 2.5 and now since this guide is outdated?

Seaturkey
11.29.2015 , 03:32 AM | #125
Now, I know the OP stated that the tanking rotation stuff is outdated, but I'd just like to say that I've never used the rotation he's listed (played off and on since launch, with a large gap after the first year, anyhoo.)

My rotation is shock > wither > thrash > shock > dep volts > maul (when proc'd) > ward > repeat. This rotation has always allowed for damn near perfect cd time for abilites, not to mention the reset proc of abilites like shock.

IDK where he gets this saber strike, saber strike, stuff from and I never run into any issues with force.
The bull is stabbed, prodded, beaten. The bull is wounded. The bull is tired before the matador even steps into the ring. Now, is that victory? Of course it is. Wanna know the secret to winning? Creative sportmanship, one has to rig the game.

Aelanis
11.29.2015 , 02:20 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Seaturkey View Post
Now, I know the OP stated that the tanking rotation stuff is outdated, but I'd just like to say that I've never used the rotation he's listed (played off and on since launch, with a large gap after the first year, anyhoo.)

My rotation is shock > wither > thrash > shock > dep volts > maul (when proc'd) > ward > repeat. This rotation has always allowed for damn near perfect cd time for abilites, not to mention the reset proc of abilites like shock.

IDK where he gets this saber strike, saber strike, stuff from and I never run into any issues with force.
Well, considering your rotation fails an average of 50% of the time, I highly doubt you've never had any issues executing it.

That said, do we play the same game? Have you ever fought a boss with a super low rate of attack? Have you done more than solo content? Did you know you can use Dark Ward off of the global cooldown, and don't need to hold a spot open in your rotation for it? Do you ever even use Discharge for the 5% accuracy debuff on up to 8 enemies, not to mention the ludicrous threat it now generates?

Now maybe I've misinterpreted what you've said, but I don't think we play the same game.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

GAMER_NOW
05.01.2016 , 07:41 AM | #127
Pardon me, but where does Spinning Kick/Spike go in the rotation/priority queue? According to my tooltip, it has the second highest DPS right behind Spinning Strike/Assassinate and has the same Force cost as Slow Time/Wither, Force Breach/Discharge, and Double Strike/Thrash.

I'm guessing we should use it in place of DS/Thrash when we can, but I'd like to get someone else's input.

CarlGustaf
05.01.2016 , 08:45 AM | #128
Actually you don't take it at all besides off stunning / interrupting a add.
It does more dmg than trash but it can't trigger energize for a shock procc. and more shock proccs are always better.
Natsu Dragonslayer Eideley
YOLO on T3-M4

Gimp aus Leidenschaft