Darth Sidious vs Darth Caedus

LadyKulvax

I was wondering what everyone thought, Darth Sidious from ROTS vs Darth Caedus in his prime.

I think this is a very very even match-up, Dark Empire Sidious obviously wins this outright, but I remain unconvinced that the Sidious we see during the Revenge of the Sith would be able to easily handle yet another of the Skywalker lineage.

I would be lying if I said I haven't thought of this match for a possible BattleZone. I am genuinely stumped. Did I entertain the thought that Caedus would defeat Sidious? Of course I did, but there is no easy answer.

I would have to really think on this to come to a definite conclusion.

Me personally, I'd give the win to Caedus for the simple reason that he's trained in so many different aspects of the force. Aing Tii, theran listeners, Vergie....I don't think sidious would know what to do against someone who feels no pain, & has all the power that comes with being a descendant of the chosen one.

Darth Caedus wouldn't last against Sidious even if he Force Walked Revan, Yoda, Exar Kun, and Mace Windu to him.

False. He was easily stronger than Vader, and I'm pretty sure he's only behind NJO Luke by a little bit.

Anakin was the strongest of the three Solo kids, but he died (and possibly caused Jacen's fall, I don't remember exactly) before Jaen became Caedus.

Edited by Xakthul

So I wanted to revive this battle, I believe Caedus is the superior duellist here, anyone care to debate this? my logic: Luke beat prime Sidious in a duel, cutting off his hand, Caedus fighting the far far more powerful Grand Master Luke almost lopped his uncle's arm off.

So I wanted to revive this battle, I believe Caedus is the superior duellist here, anyone care to debate this? my logic: Luke beat prime Sidious in a duel, cutting off his hand, Caedus fighting the far far more powerful Grand Master Luke almost lopped his uncle's arm off.

Before that though, did he fight anyone else? Also what are his speed feats? Speed feats being consistant mind you. I'm asking these two things because as I have looked up, the LotF books seem to have varying degrees of where each character stands as they don't seem to even agree upon where some of the characters are in regards to power.

Speed is what I am trying to get from Caedus mostly. Consistancy in his speed really.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Seems fair. I would give Sidious the edge in Force abilities, but I'm still not sure on who would win. This is one of those battles that I can't figure out. :o

Before that though, did he fight anyone else? Also what are his speed feats? Speed feats being consistant mind you. I'm asking these two things because as I have looked up, the LotF books seem to have varying degrees of where each character stands as they don't seem to even agree upon where some of the characters are in regards to power.

Speed is what I am trying to get from Caedus mostly. Consistancy in his speed really.

Lol, speed, speed, speed! Edited by Beniboybling

mom told you that?:rolleyes:
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but he is more powerful than Vader:

It’s a plan that will be as difficult and dangerous to execute as it is daring. For Caedus is a scion of both the Skywalker and Solo bloodlines whose command of the Force surpasses even that of his grandfather Darth Vader.

--Taken from Invincible

As to who would win this, I'm fairly confident it would be Darth Sidious. Darth Caedus is likely the superior duelist but we cannot forget that Sidious would have been able to hold of Mace Windu himself indefinitely if not pushed to the window ledge. Given that, and given that Caedus does not possess Vaapad to aid him, I expect Sidious could do the same against Caedus and arguably overcome him purely through superior strength, speed and perhaps cunning.

And if it happens that his is defeated in lightsaber combat, Sidious can quickly resort to the Force - and despite Caedus' power Sidious is far more knowledgeable and refined in this field. Ultimately he would win.

Me personally, I'd give the win to Caedus for the simple reason that he's trained in so many different aspects of the force. Aing Tii, theran listeners, Vergie....I don't think sidious would know what to do against someone who feels no pain, & has all the power that comes with being a descendant of the chosen one.
I expect stabbing him through the heart or decapitating him would resolve that problem.

Also remembering that Sidious is aware of and capable of every Force power known to the galaxy.

Nothing will surprise him.

We do of course have to take into account that Leia was assisting him with battle meditation. And that there combined power may well have made them more powerful than Sidious.

We do of course have to take into account that Leia was assisting him with battle meditation. And that there combined power may well have made them more powerful than Sidious.

She didn't use Battle Meditation, she used Force Harmony and only after Luke had already beaten him, after cutting off his hand he summoned a Force Storm, Leia then used Force Harmony to sever Sidious' connection to the Force.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but he is more powerful than Vader:

It’s a plan that will be as difficult and dangerous to execute as it is daring. For Caedus is a scion of both the Skywalker and Solo bloodlines whose command of the Force surpasses even that of his grandfather Darth Vader.

--Taken from Invincible

As to who would win this, I'm fairly confident it would be Darth Sidious. Darth Caedus is likely the superior duelist but we cannot forget that Sidious would have been able to hold of Mace Windu himself indefinitely if not pushed to the window ledge. Given that, and given that Caedus does not possess Vaapad to aid him, I expect Sidious could do the same against Caedus and arguably overcome him purely through superior strength, speed and perhaps cunning.

And if it happens that his is defeated in lightsaber combat, Sidious can quickly resort to the Force - and despite Caedus' power Sidious is far more knowledgeable and refined in this field. Ultimately he would win.

It is my belief that Darth Caedus is also superior in skill to Mace Windu, he could match his own Uncle in combat.

There is a belief that Yoda, Sidious and Luke all move at superhuman speed even for Force Users, Caedus was able to match this speed.

Caedus' speed is demonstrably more than a match for Luke's clearly, which should frankly be enough there and then, Caedus charge in with Force Speed and nearly caught his Uncle off-guard with the speed of his attack and was barely able to block the lunge aimed at his shoulder.

She didn't use Battle Meditation, she used Force Harmony and only after Luke had already beaten him, after cutting off his hand he summoned a Force Storm, Leia then used Force Harmony to sever Sidious' connection to the Force.
Well whatever its called, and I'm not sure about that. Wookieepedia differs on the matter:

Despite his viciousness and tremendous power, Palpatine was finally driven off guard and defeated by Luke, who was aided by his sister's Force harmony, losing his left hand.

Which makes sense as Leia was present, and used Force Harmony to help Luke shrug of Palpatine's dark side influence before the duel began. And one would imagine she'd try to help in anyway she could.

It also unlikely that Luke, only six years after the Battle of Endor, would be able to overcome an altogether more powerful incarnation of Sidious alone. Given that Yoda and Windu themselves struggled against a weaker one.

It is my belief that Darth Caedus is also superior in skill to Mace Windu, he could match his own Uncle in combat.

There is a belief that Yoda, Sidious and Luke all move at superhuman speed even for Force Users, Caedus was able to match this speed.

Caedus' speed is demonstrably more than a match for Luke's clearly, which should frankly be enough there and then, Caedus charge in with Force Speed and nearly caught his Uncle off-guard with the speed of his attack and was barely able to block the lunge aimed at his shoulder.

Well both Caedus and Luke and considerably more powerful in the Force than Windu, so a comparison is not so easy to make. Yet when ramped up to Sidious' level he was able to match him blow for blow.

And ultimately I think there is something to be said about creating one's on form. Its also a very lethal and unpredictable form, Caedus on the other hand won't have anything to surprise Sidious with. Nor will Caedus, like Windu was, able to raise himself to Sidious' level and have an indefinite supply of energy to draw upon.

Which, if Caedus is better than Windu, would probably make up for the disparity.

Now yes those individuals certainly are on another level, but not necessarily the same level. There is no cap which would mean that Sidious would be that little bit faster and stronger than Caedus. Not by much but perhaps enough.

You have a point though.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well, Exar Kun subdued Luke in the form of a spirit. In addition, a powerful Dark Jedi also outclassed Luke in single combat (Interestingly, Luke was already incredibly powerful at this point). These events indicate that powerful dark side practitioners can hold their own in combat situations in general; they are not hindered by mindset or morally conflicted about things.

I am not going to vouch for Caedus in this contest. He did hurt Luke but the latter (Luke) attempted to subdue the former (Caedus) with his martial skills which did not turn out to be a good decision on Luke's part. Caedus is powerful and such but he is not so damn powerful that he poses a significant threat to likes of Sidious. Their would be several Sith Lords or dark side practitioners that are possibly stronger then Caedus.

Mythos itself is plagued with inconsistencies in its presentation of characters, thanks to stylistic differences, author induced bias and other factors.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD